Start by marking “King's Justice. by Maurice Broaddus” as Want to Read:
King's Justice. by Maurice Broaddus

King's Justice. by Maurice Broaddus (Knights of Breton Court #2)

3.03 of 5 stars 3.03  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  13 reviews
FROM THE DRUG GANGS OF DOWNTOWN INDIANAPOLIS, THE ONE TRUE KING WILL ARISE.
Guided by the crazed visions of his advisor Merle, King knows that he must unite the opposing factions, before the streets erupt in all-out war. But how can he preach peace when even his own warriors are plotting against him? A heart-stopping mix of ancient myth and powerful gang action, from the a
Paperback
Published February 1st 2011 by Angry Robot (first published August 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about King's Justice. by Maurice Broaddus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King's Justice. by Maurice Broaddus

Zoe
Jun 21, 2012 Zoe rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
I'm putting King's Justice down 160 pages in, or roughly at halfway point in the book, and I can't recall when I've felt more cheated by a sequel. I loved the first book in this series, King Maker, but even then, I'd noted that the book spent more time with the villains than it did with the heroes. This felt fitting to me in the first book, because Arthurian legends aren't so much about King Arthur as they are about his kingdom. Nevertheless, I assumed that with the street gangs in King's Indian ...more
Gef
I missed out on reading the first book in Broaddus' Knights of Breton Court series, King Maker, so when I won this ARC copy of the sequel via Goodreads, I wondered if I was going to be stepping into a book with no idea of the backstory. Thankfully, Broaddus sets the stage early on in the book by re-introducing the major players and the stakes leading from the first book into this one.

It also helps that the series is a non-too-subtle Arthurian legend with a modern day backdrop, so a little famili
Jessica
I was one of the lucky winners of this book. Thanks Goodreads. This book was ok not great not bad. When I started it I found it quite annoying perhaps I’m too pale and pasty a white girl but the language was way to ghetto for me. I forced myself to keep reading as I did win I felt the least I could do was review it. Once I got going it was fine. Mr. Broaddus has talent and I’m sure will go a long way as his flow was the reason I kept reading. The issues I had with the book aside from the way the ...more
Nick Cato
Broaddus' second KNIGHTS installment takes a deeper look at King James White: he's still trying to find his true calling, this time believing he's the one to try and unite all the gangs and crews in their poverty-stricken Indianapolis neighborhood. A parlay is called and the results are mixed: King's still trying to find out who is for their survival and who's out for themselves, although one hood makes it abundantly clear he's happier to be on his own.

Said hood, Colvin, is this episode's main v
Karissa
Okay I will start off by saying the only reason I am writing this review is because I won this book through Goodreads First Reads quite some time ago (over a year I think). I feel like I have to write some sort of review; or at least provide some sort of explanation for why I got (and never ended up reading) this book.

I actually bought the first book in the Knights of Breton Court series so that I could read that book before I read this one. That's where my trouble started. I was not able to fin
Amy
I think the premises of this book was a good one. I usually really enjoy urban fantasy, but this one did not sit well with me. I'm not sure if it was the over abundance of "language" or maybe I just do not get the whole gang lifestyle. I liked how there was backgrounds for the characters introduced to me in this book, however, I found that not too far into the book, I was starting to drown in the amount of characters I was reading about.

This was the first book in this series that I had read, an
Jenny
This is a free book from the Goodreads First Reads giveaways!
I really tried to like this book which was categorized as "urban fantasy." I'm not sure if I was at a disadvantage since I did not read volume 1 in the series. The writing had moments that reflected the ghetto type living with shades of Legend of King Arthur which caught my interest. Unfortunately it seemed like the author was juggling too many characters and missed out on plot development. Plus the parts involving magic seemed like an
Craig
This is the second volume of the story of Camelot as played out in the world of contemporary street gangs, drugs, violence, and poverty. The portrayal is both relentlessly and excellently executed, and, while it is neither an easy nor a fun book to read, it is gripping and moving. The Arthurian and supernatural elements don't feel as prevalent as they did in the first volume, but the major players seem to be more sympathetic. It's definitely a very worth-while gritty and thought-provoking work.
Tyrannosaurus regina
While I'm still interested in the ongoing story, this instalment just didn't quite do it for me. I felt like there was excessive physical description of every character that arrived on the scene, and the story itself needed to be a bit tighter so it didn't feel like it was meandering all over the place without a resolution. The epilogue rocked my world, though, and I'm looking forward to reading book three.
lilly bear ♡
Thank you for the win, goodreads! This book looks very promising, maybe not something I would choose to read if given my pick, but that's the beauty of the giveaways: they push me out of my comfort zone and expose me to new things when I've become stuck in my ways! I'll have to get my hands on the first one of the series before this one arrives. I'm excited! I can't wait to try them out :)
Carol Smith
This was my first book won on this site and I can't help it but I have to say that it wasn't a good book. Matter of fact I did not finish it, even though i tried. I did not read the first one, and maybe that is part of it but at the same time i made it to page sixty and had to stop.
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
I still need to read the vol 1. It was a pretty good book, I am gonna guess that it will be a bit better if I followed the order :)
Jeffrey
Feb 27, 2011 Jeffrey marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I won this from Goodreads First Reads. Looking forward to receiving it. Thanks.
Avis Leon
Avis Leon marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Chris Davis
Chris Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Laquan
Laquan marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Drew J.
Drew J. marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
Lashunda Page
Lashunda Page marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Emil Rude
Emil Rude marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Sharamonda N. Dorman
Sharamonda N. Dorman marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Shehreyar Khan
Shehreyar Khan marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Knights of Breton Court (3 books)
  • King Maker (Knights of Breton Court #1)
  • King's War (Knights of Breton Court #3)
Dark Faith King Maker (Knights of Breton Court #1) Dark Faith: Invocations I Can Transform You King's War (Knights of Breton Court #3)