Start by marking “31 Days of Praise: Enjoying God Anew” as Want to Read:
31 Days of Praise: Enjoying God Anew

31 Days of Praise: Enjoying God Anew (31 Days Series)

Christians who long to experience God in a fresh, deep way will treasure this powerful, personal praise guide, rereleased with an updated cover. Every day for just one month, a Scripture-based devotion cultivates the "heart habit" of praise and worship. Readers will be gently inspired to appreciate and adore the Lord in all things -- yes, even in the midst of pain, disappo ...more
Published May 26th 2005 by Multnomah (first published April 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about 31 Days of Praise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 31 Days of Praise

Ruthe Turner
Nov 25, 2016 Ruthe Turner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Though Mrs. Myers intended for the book to be read in 31 days, I decided to look up every - or almost every Scripture reference she gives, which added many inspiring days to the read. Each day's devotional is written like a prayer, quoting back to God many verses straight from the Bible, along with some well-chosen quotes by people like Tozer. The book also includes a very informative and inspiring "Introduction to Praise," a portion on "The Importance of Praise," and a concluding prayer of prai ...more
Michele
Mar 01, 2015 Michele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love starting out my quiet time by reading the daily prayer of praise in this book. They are scripture-based prayers and full of God's attributes and promises. God has encouraged me so much through this book and I continue to use it every morning.
Ruthe Turner
Nov 26, 2016 Ruthe Turner rated it it was amazing
Besides the 31 days of devotions, the book contains many Scripture references that are worth your reading and meditation, plus many inspirational insights from the author Ruth Myers, a former missionary who became a widow at a young age. She shares from her own circumstances and many years of Godly wisdom, how important Worship through praise and thanksgiving is in our relationship with God. It is a book to read over and over.
Christabelle
Oct 01, 2012 Christabelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith-building
I just picked up this book again because I know this is what I need. Some of the most precious Psalms were created out of the sorrow of David's heart. So this book was created out of the suffering of widowhood. I WANT to read this book. I NEED to read this book! I trust the God-who-is-there desires to meet me here, where I am and I long to pour my heart back to Him. May He be glorified...in everything.
Alley
Feb 26, 2008 Alley added it
This book was a gift from a dear friend and spiritual grandmother a number of years ago and I just never got around to following it. The book is a daily journey and has a sincere depth to it that really speaks to my spirit. I'm on the second month of this journey and plan to keep going indefinitely.
Marissa Hope
Oct 05, 2013 Marissa Hope rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this at a time in my where I felt like I needed my focus to be more on praising God. This book has been a wonderful tool in helping me realize first hand and experience the benefits of praising Him,and how my praise in turn further enriches my life. I would highly recommend it! I will most likely be reading and using it again.
Reid
Jan 09, 2010 Reid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pray-ers, those who want a difference approach to their morning prayers
Recommended to Reid by: the author's daughter and son in-law
Prayers from a Biblical base for each day.

Hard to rush this through this and gain the most from this.

I really like the prayers formed that provide a format to pray through.

I have used it this month as I start my morning devotionals.

This is a book to come back to again.
Erin
Sep 10, 2010 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great prayer devotional. Reading others' prayers adds to my prayer vocabulary. The scripture references have you all over the Bible, and inspire new thoughts on scriptures you've read many times before.
Dulci
Nov 04, 2013 Dulci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
What an uplifting start to any day! I read through many of these 31 days with my kids. It really helped to start the day together by praising God for who He is, what He has done, and who we are in Him! I'll certainly be repeating these 31 days again and again.
Sharon
May 04, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book. I have to say it gave me a new perspective on all the attributes of Praise. We can never give God enough glory, praise & honor. I see my need for growth in this department of my journey with my Heavenly Father.
Kimberly
Oct 31, 2010 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
This was a gift from my Sunday school teacher. I have already benefited from one of the prayers. Highly recommended!
Daniel
Oct 29, 2011 Daniel rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly enjoyable devotion to strengthen your understanding of how to praise God in good times and bad.
Barbara
Jan 02, 2010 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Barbara by: gift from Cathy Paxton
These devotions are very uplifting, and each one praises God in a unique way. I have read through them more than one month.
Jennifer Doherty
Jan 01, 2013 Jennifer Doherty rated it it was amazing
Best devotional ever!!
Anita
Jan 17, 2010 Anita rated it it was amazing
Delightful devotional type book. Easy, short readings which direct your heart to Christ.
Carla Mcdougal
Mar 18, 2013 Carla Mcdougal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
31 Days of Praise is a book I will refer to for years to come. God used it in my life to help me learn to thank Him for everything and through everything. It's a life changer!
Broughps
Broughps rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Lauren Tomlinson
Lauren Tomlinson rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Susan Fennema
Susan Fennema rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2016
Dianne Thornton
Dianne Thornton rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2011
Missy Bennett
Missy Bennett rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Debra Nelson
Debra Nelson rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Cassie
Cassie rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2011
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2009
Laura rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Dave Purvis
Dave Purvis rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2011
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Tiffera Tarbox
Tiffera Tarbox rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2013
  • Whiter Than Snow: Meditations on Sin and Mercy
  • 10 Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health
  • Guide to Prayer: For Ministers & Other Servants
  • Made for More: An Invitation to Live in God's Image
  • Good Faith: Being a Christian When Society Thinks You're Irrelevant and Extreme
  • A Life God Rewards: Why Everything You Do Today Matters Forever

31 Days Series (6 books)
  • 31 Days of Prayer
  • Thirty-One Days of Power: Learning to Live in Spiritual Victory
  • 31 Days of Prayer
  • 31 Days of Prayer Journal (31 Days Series)
  • 31 Days of Encouragement As We Grow Older