Start by marking “A Harlequin Christmas Carol” as Want to Read:
A Harlequin Christmas Carol

A Harlequin Christmas Carol

"New York Times" and "USA TODAY" bestselling authors Betina Krahn and Jacquie D'Alessandro and award-winning author Hope Tarr put a new spin on a holiday classic.After the death of her betrothed, young widow Claire Halliday feels a kinship with Scrooge. But a stolen moment under the mistletoe could revive her Christmas spirit...and ignite her reluctant heart.

Lady Adelaide
Published November 2nd 2010 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Harlequin Christmas Carol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Harlequin Christmas Carol

Sandra
Dec 08, 2016 Sandra rated it it was amazing
December 1890

Unless three angels (Periwinkle, Rose, and Fern) help their charges (Claire, Adelaide, and Fiona) find True Love before the stroke of midnight, December 31, they will be stuck without wings for the next 100 years. Since all three angels are yearning for a beautiful set of wings each, and they want to reach "full angel status", they are eager to complete their tasks. But it isn't easy. It's already December and they only have a few weeks left to help their charges find True Love.

For
Mackenzie
Jan 02, 2011 Mackenzie rated it liked it
I bought this book solely for the Jacquie D'Alessandro story, Today's Longing, and didn't really care about the other two stories. Mostly because I'm a fan of Ms. D'Alessandro's works but am very picky when it comes to reading romance novels.

Anyway, Today's Longing is everything good about D'Alessandro's story: strong, charming characters; heightened UST between the leading characters; and dozens of humorous banters among them. The length of the story is perfect. Because it's short, it manages t
Leanna Hieber
Dec 05, 2010 Leanna Hieber rated it it was amazing
I just love Christmas stories. And this was no exception. I was particularly taken with Hope Tarr's unique "Tomorrow's Destiny". With a hero who is not traditional in either looks or attitude, a premise that broaches some fascinating spiritual concepts that deepen the mood and tone of the book, and a heroine who you can't help but root for at all times, this is one novella that's a memorable and very special holiday treat.
Rosemary
Jan 11, 2011 Rosemary rated it liked it
The rating on this book may be somewhat misleading. During the Christmas break I shamelessly read stacks of seasonally-themed material: mysteries, romances, things like Cleveland Amory's The Cat Who Came for Christmas. Some of it's pretty bad, so the 3 stars here are restricted to that "set" of readings.

This particular book is three novellas (each by a different author), all set in the same milieu, with the conceit that 3 guardian angels must help their charges find true love by New Year's Eve,
Amanda
Dec 24, 2016 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-novels
This was an enjoyable, quick read! I loved these short christmas stories.
Jessi
Three angels need to help their charges find true love before the new year so that they can earn their wings (if not, they have another hundred years of work ahead of them.) The three are connected by a book group that has just finished "A Christmas Carol" and that also plays into the stories. A LOT going on but a quick, fn read.
"Yesterday's Bride" by Bettina Kahn highlights the troubles of a young almost-widow (her fiance died before they were married) who still lives with her in-laws. She's re
Hannah
Oct 13, 2010 Hannah rated it liked it
The theme of a guardian angel helping each respective heroine to find her "one true love" is cute although to my mind, it's not really like "A Christmas Carol" as suggested in the story. I enjoyed the bookstore/book club setting.

Yesterday's Bride: was a good read other than the love scene which used a lot of cliched language and really took me out of the story.

Today's Longing: very good, the ending was maybe a little too neat.

Tomorrow's Destiny: Also very good, cliched characters (heroine with
Donna
Nov 26, 2010 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The actual stories were enjoyable enough and I did like most of our "heroines." I just felt that the "guardian angel" thread with the ladies hearing voices and seeing pink "sparkles" was really silly and was detrimental to the book. I think the authors could have done the same stories about the friends without the guardian angels. I liked the D'Alessandro and Tarr stories better than the Krahn; her heroine was too much of a doormat to be really likeable.
Patricia Solla
Dec 28, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This book was a takeoff of Dickens' A Christmas Carol. There are three angels and three separate stories involved. The thing that combines the stories is that the angels need to pair up their assignments with their One True Love by Midnight Christmas Eve or spend another 100 years before they can try to get their wings again. The three separate stories involve Christmas past, present and future. It's cutsey and interesting.
Fedora
Mar 10, 2011 Fedora rated it liked it
Charming trio of stories--three friends must find their One True Love by Christmas or their guardian angels will be consigned to another 100 years of service. A nice mix of heroines and heroes, and very enjoyable to read.
Dec 05, 2012 Laura rated it liked it

Tomorrow's Destiny by Hope Tarr
April
Dec 12, 2010 April rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, library
My favorite story was "Today's Longing" by Jacquie D'Alessandro. The other two stories were good, but I felt they didn't capture my attention. I will definetly look into reading more by Jacquie D'Alessandro.
Krystel
Dec 15, 2010 Krystel rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. This was actually the first Harlequin Christmas book I have read. I liked the three stories and I would highly recommend this book.
Chris Saneholtz
Dec 29, 2012 Chris Saneholtz rated it liked it
Not really about the angels getting their wings, which is what I was interested in. A sweet Christmas read.
April
Dec 21, 2010 April rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Three tales using guardian angels to mirror the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future in order to match their three charges with their true loves.
Shay
Shay rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Cj
Cj rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Sarah Pawley
Sarah Pawley rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2011
Tima
Tima rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2017
Sabrina Logan
Sabrina Logan rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2014
Blythe Barnhill
Blythe Barnhill rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2010
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Raquel
Raquel rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2010
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2010
Pam
Pam rated it did not like it
Dec 17, 2012
Rilla
Rilla rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2011
Vesta Duensing
Vesta Duensing rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2010
Krahn, born Betina Maynard, is the second daughter of Dors Maynard and Regina Triplett. Krahn learned to read at the age of four, and began making up her own stories when she was only six. In fifth grade she won a silver "Noble Order of Bookworms" pin for her achievements in reading, and the following year she began writing down her stories.

Krane was graduated from high school in Newark, Ohio and
More about Betina Krahn...