Start by marking “Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
Preview

Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles #3)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,064 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The police think he killed someone. He swears he's innocent. All she knows for certain is his crime against her.
Louis Dubose, international art dealer, has been murdered. The police are certain they've got their man. Recently fired by Dubose, Ben Robinson has a motive backed by a convincing trail of evidence.
Except that one person isn't convinced---someone who knows Ben we
Published February 23rd 2010 by Zondervan (first published October 22nd 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Ulterior Motives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ulterior Motives

Jeanette
Story focuses on forgiveness, true and full forgiveness. Sharon thought she had forgiven her ex-husband, Ben. Then he is accused of murder and evicted from his place, Sharon stands up for him and invites him and his family to move in with her. During this time she realizes that she hasn't truly forgiven Ben, and seeks out how to fix this. Divorce is hard on families and the author does and good job of showing both sides. The action/mystery kept the story moving, the kidnapping of the two young g ...more
Angie
I ended up listening to an abridged edition from the library. I'm not sure if it was the edition, the style of the recording, or the story itself, but it just felt cheesy and weak compared to my usual experience with her books.
Joan Burgett
Terri Blackstock is such a good author. In "Ulterior Motives" the pace and suspense of the book carries on from the first to last pages. Sharon Robinson's ex-husband has been accused of murder. She knows that Ben is capable of trashing human lives but not of taking them.
Ben has a new family ... with 2 little stepsisters only a year a apart; Sharon's daughter and new-wife Anne's. The little girls are almost inseparable and kidnapped by the real killer. " This faith-filled book is about the cost o
Kim
Tania
My favorite thing about this series is that the stories are all quite unique. It is easy to identify with the characters and the story moves along quickly. I enjoyed how the author chose to include the subject of a blended family in this story. Divorce is hard on families--the author does an excellent job showing both sides and focuses on true/full forgiveness. The action/mystery kept the story moving, yet emotional.
Very pleased with this series--even if I didn't find it until I'd read all her o
Jen
This was good, I did not realize it is book #3 in a series.
Susan
Very intense...involved kidnapping of children...still a good story...great ending!
Carolyn E
Jan 24, 2012 Carolyn E rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I loved this book. I think it probably rates at least 6 or 7 stars. All of the books that I have read so far by Terri Blackstock have been great. I am trying to read as many of her books as I can. They are wonderful stories that I highly recommend.
Anne
Sharon and her children are drawn inot a murder when they give refuge to her ex-husband, his new wife and their two children. Although their marriage ended badly, Sharon still believes in his innocence, and with a certain policeman, Tony Banks, who she is attracted to, they unravel the mystery.
Jodi Mac
This was a very good book:) it was not one of the best books I have read, yet it wasn't one of the worst either. It's a suspenseful story line with doses of spirituality here and there. I don't regret reading this at all:)
Scott
I downloaded this as an audiobook from the library, and liked it as I do all of Blackstock's books. Unfortunately I apparently got an abridged version and I would have much rather had the full edition.
Carol Schultz
I am enjoying this author and how she speaks of the sometimes challenges of relationships. Her settings are the dramatic mysteries I have always preferred
Lisa
I read this series straight through and really liked it. This was no different than the first two, a bit predictable at times but still a good summer read.
Jill
Enjoyed this book more than the second book in this series. This is closer to what I was expecting from Blackstock. Like some of her other books better.
Kylie
I love this series...I love how each of the characters are intertwined in each book. I have loved every book I have read by Terri Blackstock.
Debbie
Not as suspensful as some of the other Blackstock books I have read. Very quick read. My favorite character was the cat.
Andrea
This whole series just keeps getting better and better. It gives great examples of forgiveness and self control. Great read!
Debbie
art dealer has been murdered and everything points to Ben Robinson, but his exwife takes him and his new family in
Karen
I loved this one. Some books of hers rank 3-4. A few like this one a 5. hard to put down.
Rshelite
I wasn't thrilled with this book. It was okay. It just seemed so predictable.
Brenda Hazzard
Keeps you reading !!!! Terri Blackstock is truly amazing !
Eva
So far so good...inspirational fiction.
Becca Montano
Good suspense. Glad for happy endings.
Susan
Suncoast Chronicles Series
Shari
Sun Coast Chronicles Book 3
Kate Zubaly
Kate Zubaly marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
  • Season of Blessing (Seasons, #4)
  • Crimson Eve (Kanner Lake Series #3)
  • The Trial
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)
  • The Day of Reckoning
  • In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3)
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3)
  • The Great Divide
19811
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived
More about Terri Blackstock...

Sun Coast Chronicles (4 books)
  • Evidence of Mercy (Sun Coast Chronicles, #1)
  • Justifiable Means ( Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)
  • Presumption of Guilt (Sun Coast Chronicles, #4)
Night Light (Restoration #2) Last Light (Restoration, #1) Cape Refuge (Cape Refuge, #1) Southern Storm (Cape Refuge, #2) Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)