Start by marking “Politically Incorrect Parenting: Before Your Kids Drive You Crazy, ReadThis!” as Want to Read:
Politically Incorrect Parenting: Before Your Kids Drive You Crazy, ReadThis!

Politically Incorrect Parenting: Before Your Kids Drive You Crazy, ReadThis!

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Why is it so hard to be the parent you thought you would be? Do your kids sometimes make you feel your head is going to explode? Ever yelled at them until you were hoarse? Do you have days when you feel like making a run for the airport? For harassed parents struggling to understand why they end up screaming at their kids and tearing their hair out trying to make them unde...more
Published July 23rd 2013 by HarperCollins (first published April 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Politically Incorrect Parenting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Politically Incorrect Parenting

Polka-dot-pin-up
This book was so funny! I'm a first time mother and I am so glad that there is a no nonsense it's-ok-to-let-your-kids-eat-dirt book. This is a book you don't want to read if you want to raise a "mamby pamby" cotton wool kid. Very eye opening and whats worse I see the parent s Nigel Latta criticises everyday
Aussie bookworm
great information with out making you feel guilty
This is a bit of a weird book.

It is written by a New Zealand clinical psychologist and parent of two boys and is about parenting 0-10 year olds. I was very surprised to discover near the end of the book that he says he has done a lot of work with abusers and abused children (on the basis of which he says never let any teenage boy babysit your children, which I thought was interesting)

It is sort of funny in parts and sort of says some good stuff in others. But it is a weird book.

Firstly (and it...more
Alena Goulbourne
The only part of this book which was interesting and helpful and deserve a star is the part about children safety! The rest of the book is fiction with made up examples which have nothing to do with real world. If his patients (parents) are lazy, careless, addicted to TV and unhealthy food - he can't fix the problem by just telling "stop watching TV and keep your house clean etc." grown ups don't change that easy.
Also all children are different and need different approach, Nigel Latta is so arr...more
Mandy
Hooray! Excellent, funny and, oh so, sensible. I could have written it myself, agreed with everything he said. Bought it for my son and daughter-in-law (mostly to help my granddaughter), God I hope they read it, he might finally realise what an excellent and sensible mother he has and now, quite obviously, what an excellent and sensible grandmother I will be!
Helen
This book was lent to me because of the chapter called "Jimmy Crapperpants and the Bucket of Consequences". It's gold! Practical and fun to read with lots of specific techniques, but I'm still waiting for the book that tells me how to get my child to sleep through the night. Ignore her? Hah!
Maggie
Throw away every other parenting book!
I have read many for my work & this is in a different league. Very easy to read & laugh out loud funny. Pragmatic advice that is straightforward to implement & adhere to.
I have recommended it to many friends & they too have loved it.
Carmen Robaldo
This book is funny and practical and just makes sense. Yes, some of his advice may seem obvious, yet many of us miss it from time to time and need to be told again. I've now moved onto 'Mothers raising sons' for some more inspiration.
Jane O'callaghan
Brilliant, funny & very educational. I have a 19th month old toddler & how right he is with so many of his observations. Laugh out loud funny! He comes across in writing just as he does on stage in his tv series (DVD's).
Luisa
Loved this book - great down to earth parenting tips written in an entertaining way.
Mary
Nice no bull advice, can't wait for the tv show
Shane
thanks for that veli!
Lara Ross
Lara Ross is currently reading it
Oct 06, 2014
Danijela
Danijela is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2014
Hannah
Hannah is currently reading it
Aug 13, 2014
Hayden
Hayden is currently reading it
Mar 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Before Your Kids Drive You Crazy Mothers Raising Sons The Politically Incorrect Guide to Teenagers Into the Darklands and Beyond Into the Darklands