Start by marking “A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)” as Want to Read:
A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)

A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow #7)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  1,398 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Messy, creative Bess is perfectly happy creating her paintings in her out-of- the-way studio, never worrying about what the other fairies think. But after she unveils a new portrait of Tinker Bell, she finds herself in a whirlwind of attention. Every sparrow man and fairy in Pixie Hollow wants her to paint his or her picture! With hundreds of fairies to please, suddenly Be ...more
Published September 11th 2007 by A Stepping Stone Book (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Masterpiece for Bess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Masterpiece for Bess

made in جميرا by كلثم صالحRani in the Mermaid Lagoon by Lisa PapademetriouPrilla and the Butterfly Lie by Kitty RichardsA Masterpiece for Bess by Lara BergenThe Trouble With Tink by Kiki Thorpe
Tales of Pixie Hollow
4th out of 21 books — 26 voters
Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon by Lisa PapademetriouFira and the Full Moon by Gail HermanA Masterpiece for Bess by Lara BergenPrilla and the Butterfly Lie by Kitty RichardsVidia and the Fairy Crown by Laura Driscoll
Disney's Fairy Books
3rd out of 23 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexa
I think that this book was very good. In fact it was the first fairies book that I had ever read. This book was about a fairy Bess and she is an art talent fairy. She has her own studio and everything. When she makes Tinker Bell a life sized portrait everyone in Pixie Haven wants one! Fairies are knocking at her and giving her things that they had made with their talents. Unfortunately Bess is getting very tired and a little grumpy. Will she have enough time to finish everyone's picture?
Katie
Abby and I have had a lot of fun reading these books together. They are quick reads and Abby likes to hear the stories about all the different faries in Pixie Hollow. They also keep my interest so I have had fun reading them to her. She doesn't read yet so she really likes that there are pictures every couple of pages to help her understand better what we are reading.
Rachel
Cute and fun reading about this artistic fairy who suddenly gets the “task” of creating portraits for almost every fairy in Pixie Hollow! Bess would much rather be painting a sunset or flowers in the meadow, but since she loves her friends, how can she say no? The fairy's are counting on her...or are they just using her?

It's always hard to say “no”, especially to your friends. A fun story with a good message about standing up for yourself and not letting people take advantage of you.
Candi Olsen
This is the best Disney Fairy book I've read so far. It might have been because we read it together as a family or it might be because it's about self discovery.
Kayla Whitlock
Great for girls. honestly great to read and teach to stay true and ahold of your inspiration
Benie Mupenda
I've had this book in my house for as long as i don't know, and I'm finally reading it.
Annie
In this book Bess is the Best Art-Talent Fairy in Pixie Hollow when she made a portrait of Tinkerbell for fixing her best palette knife. Tinkerbell show everyone the Painting that Bess made for her. Now every fairy in Pixie Hollow want a portrait of them so they give Bess all these great stuff. She wanted to be nice so she said to the fairies that she would make them a painting so now she has 15 paintings to do in one day. will she finish the in time you will have to read the book to find out.
Elizabeth
This was on the clearance rack at Target, and it had my name in it, and she's an artist - so I had to pick it up. I think it's adorable. Typical kids moral type story, but it's a good one about the fickleness of ideas and staying true to your own inspirations.

Even though I don't have kids, I'm actually considering going back and picking up the other books in this collection. I think it's a cute story, and there's a little bit of the original fairy mythology in there.
Elizabeth
Angela
May 14, 2013 Angela added it
Bess is a talented art fairy. When Tink fixes a pallet knife for her, she returns her with a portrait of Tink. When Tink shows it to everyone, they love it and ask for portraits of themselves.
Bess can hardly keep up with all the demands from Dulcie, and Rosetta, and plenty of others. But then she gets an idea. It would be a masterpiece. If only she had time to work on it instead of all the portraits.
Shannon McGee
Jun 29, 2008 Shannon McGee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children of all ages.
Shelves: faeries
Very cute. I thought this really captured the artist in me. I don’t know if I would say Bess is my favorite fairy thou but I see a lot of myself in her she’s messy, and likes to paint when wants to. I read this fairly quickly it is somewhere in the mid range for a chapter book not too easy and not to hard but definitely an enjoyable story.
Mindy
My daughter and I enjoyed reading yet another fairy book. We love how whimsical the stories are and the additions of the beautiful artwork. I enjoyed the simple message that this book taught as well. All the fairy books are so delightful and easy to read!
Sam
I was curious to see why all of the kids are so wild about the Disney Fairies books. It's well-rendered, and carefully constructed so as to appeal to both the kids and the product marketing department. Not really my thing, but I do understand the appeal now.
Sydney
bess paints a portrait of tinkerbell and shows it to everybody. then all the other fairies decide they want a portrait of themselves too. bess becomes overwhelmed and tired from everyone's demands.
Maureen
This story explains the troubles one fairy (Bess) runs into when all of the other fairies discover her talent for painting. So many portraits, so little time!

Fantasy, 3rd grade.
Deanna
May 19, 2012 Deanna added it
Recommends it for: Aileen
Recommended to Deanna by: nobody
I like this series. It is about every fairy wanting a portrait of them done by Bess. You would like this book if you enjoy reading fairy stories.
Dyah
I like that this story is about art... and it's true that art can't be rushed. It needs inspiration. Not everyone can appreciate art though...
Mᴀʟxᴏx ♥
I really, really liked this one because I am an artsy person, I like to draw more than paint, but it had an intresting story for littler kids.
Andd Becker
In this book about fairies in the kingdom of the Never fairies in Never Land, 14 fairies want Bess to paint their portraits.
Jessa
I read this to my four year old and she really enjoyed it, wants to get others in the series now.
Kalle
Dec 06, 2008 Kalle rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Kalle by: me
This book is the first book I read of this series and it was very creative!!!!!
Alexandria
Dec 04, 2011 Alexandria rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children who like or love faires
Recommended to Alexandria by: Myself
This book is probably going to be my favorite one, because i'm an artist.
Steph
May 30, 2012 Steph rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Good book.Got kinda bored with it.Skipped parts.Dumb story line though
Jessi
I absolutely adore all of the "Tales of Pixie Hollow" series
Kiara Hanna Quinncilla
Hey Kids!! Read this and you won't regret!:)
Muneeba
it is ok about faries good 4 frist - 5th grade
Courtney
Ah, the pains of being an artist... cough cough.
Vienna Farrell
It was an interesting and good story.
Jaime
We love all the disney fairies series!
Jenise
Dec 13, 2008 Jenise rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: magical lovers
Recommended to Jenise by: no one
i liked it
  • Dulcie's Taste of Magic (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #11)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand

Tales of Pixie Hollow (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Dulcie's Taste of Magic (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #11)
Drama Queen (Candy Apple #5) Confessions of a Bitter Secret Santa (Candy Apple #13) I've Got A Secret (Candy Apple #8) Sophie The Awesome See You Soon, Samantha (Candy Apple #25)