Start by marking “Star Trek: U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual

Star Trek: U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  13 reviews

The U.S.S. Enterprise is without doubt the most famous starship in history. The vessels that have carried the name have saved the galaxy countless times and her captains, including Archer, Kirk, and Picard, have been legendary.

This Haynes Manual provides in-depth information about these extraordinary ships, from the Enterprise NX-01, to Captain Kirk’s Enterpris
Published November 2nd 2010 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published September 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Jonathan Jeckell
A pretty good overview of all of the Enterprises from Star Trek, starting with NX-01 through Enterprise E. It included the cutouts and 5-way views of each, as well as some other systems. Again, it was a pretty good overview of all of them, along with a brief history of all of them, but it kind of big-hand-little-map compared to other technical manuals. It was kind of like the Chamber of Commerce tour of all of the ships in one volume. Maybe my expectations for a deeper level of detail are out of ...more
Quinn Rollins
There’s always been something about the U.S.S. Enterprise that made me want to go to there. Whether I was geekily devouring Star Trek novels that went to unexplored places on Captain Kirk’s Enterprise, or hoping the Borg wouldn’t completely assimilate Captain Picard’s, or later, cringing as the Next Generation Enterprise crashed into a planet’s surface in the movie Star Trek: Generations. Because as much as any individual member of an Enterprise crew was important to the stories being told, so w ...more
Jeff Wyonch
Not as in-depth as Okuda and Sternbach's original guide to the Enterprise-D, but it covers all Star Trek ships that had the name. It's a fun book, and stands as a good companion to the original.
Aaron
This was a pretty fun novelty book. Set up to act like the many automobile repair guides put out, this book touches on the history, layout, and design of the various starship Enterprises from the various Star Trek movies and television shows. There are lots of really fun graphics and cut out images to give a good sense of where everything is located.

Much of this was familiar to me, but some of it was new, particularly with regard to the Enterprises B and C.
Jeff
I'm a newbie Trekky but my partner's a huge fan.
I was actually more interested in the fact this was a Haynes manual of a fictional machine than in the Star Trek aspect.

I'm pretty sure if I was a full on Trekky I'd give this 5 stars.
But I was a little disappointed that it's a Haynes manual in name and cover style only.
The content is amazing but I was hoping for some old school Haynes design.
David Rhodes
A Christmas gift that I have dipped in and out of (mainly because I left it at my parents' house).
I'd like to say that I learnt a lot from this book however I used to collect the Star Trek Fact Files and practically all the information was from there (not surprising when you realise they share the same authors)
Art
Much more technical than I expected. Lots of complex engineering and scientific data, thoroughly researched down to measurements and operating systems - all fiction. Remarkable in its way. The universal translator still doesn't make any sense but I understand warp drives a lot better now.
Mark D.
The half-star off is because, despite the title, there's nothing in the book resembling a real Haynes manual. But otherwise, this book is ship-geek nerdvana. Lots of detail about all seven versions of the Enterprise. Not many specs, but lots of images and explanation.
Erika
A neat read for moderate fans of Star Trek. I've read that some fans think this isn't enough information or was just repeated from other places - but I've never seen this stuff before.
Daniel Kukwa
Geeky technical love. This is a gorgeous guide to our favourite starship, in all its incarnations...it makes a wonderful companion to all the other tech manuals...and rivals the DS9 tech manual for sheer gorgeous artistic layout.
Mark Abukoff
This is a fun book, with interesting technical notes. Might just be my aging eyes, but some of the print is extremely small. And this is not a hard tech manual. 4 out of 5 enthusiastically....
Michael
I was hoping for more technical and less discussion of Star Trek operations and basic background of the Star Trek universe. It is still a lot of fun to own and flip through.
Rachel
Ridiculous amount of detail. Lots of in-jokes for science geeks. Too nerdly for me, I'm afraid.
Daniel Tinnirello
Daniel Tinnirello marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Aleigh Calvary
Aleigh Calvary marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Tema
Tema marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Patrick O'Loughlin
Patrick O'Loughlin marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Robert Cummins
Robert Cummins marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Wyatt
Wyatt marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
  • Star Trek 365: The Original Series
  • Star Trek: The New Voyages, 2 (Star Trek Adventures, #6)
  • Ships of the Line
  • Star Trek Star Fleet Technical Manual
  • Star Trek: Tales from the Captain's Table
  • Star Wars Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
  • The Romulan Way (Star Trek: Rihannsu, #2)
  • Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years
  • A Ceremony of Losses (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • Constellations (Star Trek)
  • The Star Trek Encyclopedia
  • The Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion
  • Vulcan's Forge
  • Deep Space Nine Companion (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 2
  • Peaceable Kingdoms (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • Star Trek: Seven Deadly Sins
  • Tunnel Through the Stars (Star Trek: The Dominion War, #3)
Star Trek: Klingon Bird-of-Prey Haynes Manual How To Negotiate - Negotiation tactics that will help you to succeed and achieve The Magician: John Mulholland's Secret Life Ripple Effect How To Write A Résumé: A comprehensive guide on designing the perfect résumé that will land you any job!