Start by marking “Star Trek: U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual

Star Trek: U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  163 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

The U.S.S. Enterprise is without doubt the most famous starship in history. The vessels that have carried the name have saved the galaxy countless times and her captains, including Archer, Kirk, and Picard, have been legendary.

This Haynes Manual provides in-depth information about these extraordinary ships, from the Enterprise NX-01, to Captain Kirk’s Enterprise NCC-1701
Published November 2nd 2010 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published September 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Jonathan Jeckell
A pretty good overview of all of the Enterprises from Star Trek, starting with NX-01 through Enterprise E. It included the cutouts and 5-way views of each, as well as some other systems. Again, it was a pretty good overview of all of them, along with a brief history of all of them, but it kind of big-hand-little-map compared to other technical manuals. It was kind of like the Chamber of Commerce tour of all of the ships in one volume. Maybe my expectations for a deeper level of detail are out of ...more
Quinn Rollins
Feb 07, 2012 Quinn Rollins rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
There’s always been something about the U.S.S. Enterprise that made me want to go to there. Whether I was geekily devouring Star Trek novels that went to unexplored places on Captain Kirk’s Enterprise, or hoping the Borg wouldn’t completely assimilate Captain Picard’s, or later, cringing as the Next Generation Enterprise crashed into a planet’s surface in the movie Star Trek: Generations. Because as much as any individual member of an Enterprise crew was important to the stories being told, so w ...more
Jeff Wyonch
Jan 01, 2015 Jeff Wyonch rated it liked it
Not as in-depth as Okuda and Sternbach's original guide to the Enterprise-D, but it covers all Star Trek ships that had the name. It's a fun book, and stands as a good companion to the original.
Aaron
Dec 23, 2012 Aaron rated it it was amazing
This was a pretty fun novelty book. Set up to act like the many automobile repair guides put out, this book touches on the history, layout, and design of the various starship Enterprises from the various Star Trek movies and television shows. There are lots of really fun graphics and cut out images to give a good sense of where everything is located.

Much of this was familiar to me, but some of it was new, particularly with regard to the Enterprises B and C.
Jeff
Nov 13, 2012 Jeff rated it it was ok
I'm a newbie Trekky but my partner's a huge fan.
I was actually more interested in the fact this was a Haynes manual of a fictional machine than in the Star Trek aspect.

I'm pretty sure if I was a full on Trekky I'd give this 5 stars.
But I was a little disappointed that it's a Haynes manual in name and cover style only.
The content is amazing but I was hoping for some old school Haynes design.
David Rhodes
Sep 15, 2013 David Rhodes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Christmas gift that I have dipped in and out of (mainly because I left it at my parents' house).
I'd like to say that I learnt a lot from this book however I used to collect the Star Trek Fact Files and practically all the information was from there (not surprising when you realise they share the same authors)
Nicholas
Jan 17, 2016 Nicholas rated it liked it
Now that Star Trek has turned a page with the reboot, this is the perfect final summary on the original saga of the Enterprise and its universe. Excellent pictures with some continuity information I found intriguing (so what did happen to the Enterprise-B?). This is a must-have for all Trek fans.
Art
Sep 08, 2011 Art rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much more technical than I expected. Lots of complex engineering and scientific data, thoroughly researched down to measurements and operating systems - all fiction. Remarkable in its way. The universal translator still doesn't make any sense but I understand warp drives a lot better now.
Mark D.
Aug 02, 2011 Mark D. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, sf-f
The half-star off is because, despite the title, there's nothing in the book resembling a real Haynes manual. But otherwise, this book is ship-geek nerdvana. Lots of detail about all seven versions of the Enterprise. Not many specs, but lots of images and explanation.
Erika
Aug 26, 2014 Erika rated it liked it
Shelves: miscellaneous
A neat read for moderate fans of Star Trek. I've read that some fans think this isn't enough information or was just repeated from other places - but I've never seen this stuff before.
Daniel Kukwa
Jan 24, 2011 Daniel Kukwa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek
Geeky technical love. This is a gorgeous guide to our favourite starship, in all its incarnations...it makes a wonderful companion to all the other tech manuals...and rivals the DS9 tech manual for sheer gorgeous artistic layout.
Mark Abukoff
Jun 18, 2013 Mark Abukoff rated it really liked it
This is a fun book, with interesting technical notes. Might just be my aging eyes, but some of the print is extremely small. And this is not a hard tech manual. 4 out of 5 enthusiastically....
Michael
Jul 04, 2012 Michael rated it it was ok
I was hoping for more technical and less discussion of Star Trek operations and basic background of the Star Trek universe. It is still a lot of fun to own and flip through.
Rachel
Feb 14, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Ridiculous amount of detail. Lots of in-jokes for science geeks. Too nerdly for me, I'm afraid.
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Abraham Ray
Abraham Ray rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
lindsey shepard
lindsey shepard rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Larry L.Nichols
Larry L.Nichols rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Johnny Swanson
Johnny Swanson marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Joey
Joey added it
Jan 25, 2016
Raphael Merriman
Raphael Merriman rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Jonte Tuitele
Jonte Tuitele rated it it was amazing
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Kal
Kal rated it really liked it
George Smith
George Smith rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Steve359
Steve359 rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Jody Fanning
Jody Fanning marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Ships of the Line
  • Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years
  • Star Trek 365: The Original Series
  • Star Trek: The New Voyages, 2 (Star Trek Adventures, #6)
  • Star Trek Star Fleet Technical Manual
  • Star Trek: Tales from the Captain's Table
  • The Romulan Way (Star Trek: Rihannsu, #2)
  • The Star Trek Encyclopedia
  • Deep Space Nine Companion (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • A Ceremony of Losses (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • Star Wars Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
  • The Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion
  • Paths of Disharmony (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #4)
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation - Technical Manual
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 2
  • The Poisoned Chalice (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • The Vulcan Academy Murders