Start by marking “Spring Creek Bride (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Historical #30)” as Want to Read:
Spring Creek Bride (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Historical #30)

Spring Creek Bride (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Historical #30)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  13 reviews

Can't Ida Mueller walk to town without being harangued by rowdy railroad men? The formerly lovely town of Spring Creek, Texas, has been overtaken by saloons and disorderly conduct. So when a handsome stranger arrives with plans to open a gambling hall next to her family's mercantile store, Ida makes plans of her own: to foil his! Someone has to save Spring Creek. And since

Published (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Spring Creek Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring Creek Bride

Terri
I finally caught up with this book this morning. I really enjoy reading this character " Ida" much as Mick.. It quite inspired me to see what she did help to save Spring Creek.
Kathleen L. Maher

Ida Mueller has big ideals and high standards, forged by her godly German upbringing in the formerly sleepy town of Spring Creek, Texas. The railroad boom has changed her landscape, but not her heart. She still longs for the innocence of a bygone day, even if that naïve era was only two years prior. Since her mother’s death, Ida grows big shoulders to carry heavy yokes, like the cooking, cleaning, helping, and one other thing. She adopts the way her mother championed causes, like a 19th Century
Sheila
I’ve never been to Texas. My only knowledge of it is half-seen TV shows back in England, with rich oil tycoons and houses that would hold a fair-sized village. Okay, I know the TV shows weren’t real, and I didn’t really watch them. But Texas?

Janice Thompson’s Spring Creek Bride shows me a very different historical place, and I loved it. The small town of Spring Creek is changing and growing. The newcomers aren’t necessarily welcome. The countryside is losing out to the mighty train. And Ida Muel
Karen Baney
The town of Spring Creek is changing as the railroad brings new businesses, some less than savory, to town. Young Ida has never really though of marrying until she meets Mick. The only problem: he is the new owner of a soon-to-be-built gambling hall and she is a devout Christian.

As tensions rise in town, Ida stirs the pot by trying to organize the church members to go and talk to Mick. Unfortunately a few others in town aren't as peaceful minded as Ida and her church.

When things go bad, Mick f
Nellie
I liked this book, however, it was VERY religiously based. The main focus of the book was to get this guy to come to Christ. I liked it, and I would read more from this author. But it just wasn't my favorite. From the book;Can't Ida Mueller walk to town without being harangued by rowdy railroad men? The formerly lovely town of Spring Creek, Texas, has been overtaken by saloons and disorderly conduct. So when a handsome stranger arrives with plans to open a gambling hall next to her family's merc ...more
Racquel
ANOTHER GOOD BOOK

ANOTHER GOOD BOOK

I enjoy reading all the books that Janice writes.
I laugh and I cry with every book. The books
are all true to life everyday happenings.
Judy
Great read.
I wondered how this story could end up the way it did.

Mick Bradley is building a gambling hall in Spring Creek, Texas

Ida Mueller is against it and "prays" about it while putting her actions ahead of really hearing what God may be telling her.

There is a Nellie DeVries in the story. I laugh as someone with my last name is in a book and she's a saloon girl.
MariaFernanda
I loved it. The characters were very memorable and the tension between the two main was fantastic! What I didn't like, however, was that I thought the female character was too stubborn and demanding! Gah!! Oh well haha!
Sandy Duke
This was a great little book set in a small town in Texas in 1902. It gives us some insight into how becoming a booming railroad town brought with it both curses and blessings.
Kristina
An amazing story of a young woman in Texas! I loved the story, excellent characters, amazing setting and plot line! A very wonderful young-adult novel!
IrenesBookReviews
Enjoyed the setting, liked the characters. I had fun reading this one.
Brandy
Apr 02, 2011 Brandy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yeah
CUTE story!!!
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
De-anne Tasker
De-anne Tasker marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Clareece
Clareece marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Angieleigh
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Adobbz
Adobbz added it
Apr 28, 2015
Linda Hockman
Linda Hockman marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Susan Williford
Susan Williford marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 11, 2015 07:02AM
  • Hannah's Beau (Charity House, #2)
  • Courting Miss Adelaide (Noblesville, Indiana, #1)
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • Soaring Home
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Her Captain's Heart (Gabriel Sisters, #1)
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • Hometown Cinderella: Hometown Cinderella \ The Inn at Hope Springs
  • Seaside Cinderella (Nantucket Island, #1)
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • Love on the Range
  • Homefront Hero
  • The Journey Home (Depression Series, #2)
  • An Honorable Gentleman
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
My name is Janice Thompson. (You will find me published under Janice Hanna, Janice Hanna Thompson, Janice A. Thompson as well.)

I’m a Christian freelance author of novels, non-fiction books, magazine articles and musical comedies for the stage. I live in the Houston area, where the heat and humidity tend to reign, regardless of the season.

I’m the mother of four beautiful daughters, (Randi, Courtney
More about Janice Thompson...
Fools Rush In (Weddings by Bella, #1) Swinging on a Star (Weddings by Bella, #2) It Had to Be You (Weddings by Bella, #3) Stars Collide (Backstage Pass, #1) Picture Perfect (Weddings by Design, #1)