Coercion

Coercion

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  13 reviews
How far will one woman go for love?

Introverted and insecure Valerie Mercer was promised that during her senior year of college she would finally attract attention from boys...but never dreamed that would include Michael Vartanian.

Good looking, troubled and every parent's nightmare, Michael is adamant on introducing Valerie to a world of both pleasure and, inadvertently, he...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 24th 2010 by Lyrical Press, inc. (first published January 25th 2010)

Thelma Banzhoff
Coercion is written about a very typical love triangle. If you take away the fashions, the music, the college setting and the occasional marijuana use this story could have happened anywhere at anytime.

In brief, this is the story:

Man (Michael Vartanian) has girlfriend, (Kim Breza, also known as Breeze.) Man treats girlfriend badly, relationship is on again / off again for the past three years.
Slacker Man, pushed by father, finally enrolls in college as freshman where girlfriend is a senior.
Ma...more
Rosalie Stanton
Aug 06, 2010 Rosalie Stanton rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Anyone
Monique
Originally reviewed at The Forbidden Bookshelf

2.5 Stars

Coercion takes place in the 1970’s. I liked the references to the music and style of dress. The use of marijuana was featured in several scenes. There were 3 main protagonists: Michael Vartanian, Valerie Mercer and Kim Breza - also known as Breeze. I didn’t like any of them so it was really hard to get excited about their story. Breeze and Michael have had an on/off again relationship for the past 3 years. Breeze is in her senior year of col...more
Christina Westover
It does not matter how attractive, intelligent, creative, or desirable one is if one does not believe in oneself.In "Coercion," Lux Zakari paints a clear portrait of Valerie, a young woman who can never see herself as more than the insecure, overweight, or unpopular girl she once was. It is irrelevant to her that she has physically transformed into a woman whose looks stop men in their tracks, for she is obsessed with the notion that she is unattractive and unimportant. She spends her days and n...more
Nathan Burgoine
I reviewed this for Erotica Revealed.

Bad boys are a staple of fiction. The slightly broken guy who is on the shadier side of society evokes something in the reader that is titillating. He’s dangerous. He’s wild. He’s got smouldering good looks and isn’t afraid to do things that aren’t done in polite society. He’s the one the heroine starts to think about while she touches herself, wondering if a man who isn’t necessarily good for her would be good to be with.

When I’m reading, the most successful...more
Maldivianbookreviewer
I didn't know what to expect when I delved into Coercion by Lux Zakari but I have got to say that it certainly held my undivided attention throughout which had me going from the start to finish in one sitting, just taking a timeout for toilet breaks in between. I was utterly riveted and fascinated with everything that was going on and for the world of me I couldn't have dragged myself away from the story that unfolded.

I have a hard time defining Coercion as a romance because simply put, this is...more
Vivien Jackson
I've read a lot of erotica, and this may be the best full-length smutfest on my bookshelf. The characters are all consistent and behave in-character, the plot isn't overboiled or overthought, and the setting is so full-color 1970s that I could feel the stiff icky of corduroys and taste the saccharin yuck of Tab. If there was divot in my enjoyment of this book it was that I didn't particularly enjoy the 70s when I lived 'em, and maybe the voices of some of the characters were too well-done, inspi...more
LorettaLynn
3.5 Stars

Well to start, I was having kind of mix feelings about this story.
I am not 100% why. But the start just was not what I was thinking it should have been.
However, after I set down and really started to get into it.
It started to look up in a good way.
In life, you have your ups and downs; well the same went for Lux Zakari “ Coercion”.
Heartbreak is heartbreak either way you look at it.
And there is plenty of it in this one. But if you let it keep happing, does that make you the fool?
To sum...more
Jamie
My very first Lux Zakari book and I loved it! Zakari made me feel for Valerie and really pull for her to come out on top of everything going on with Micheal. At the same time, she included enough in Micheal's character to make me feel some sympathy for him despite the fact that he was so frustrating throughout the book. I highly recommend the book and I can't wait to read more books from the wonderful Lux Zakari!
Dan
Evil marketers seek to control your mind, but you encouraged them. Somewhat hype-filled, but a good reminder to understand clearly what you want, and remain focused on it, as opposed to listening what "they" (marketers, culture, even friends) say.
Weronika
What? I did not get this book at all and every character completely pissed me off. Blah
Kaye will
???... i just hope lux zakari will continue the story.
Vanita
RATING: 4.5/5 stars
Carmen Giovanella Cruz
Carmen Giovanella Cruz marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Rome Murcilla
Rome Murcilla marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Ileana
Ileana marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
K. Bell
K. Bell marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Jennifer Murphy
Jennifer Murphy marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Sandra Ogunleye
Sandra Ogunleye marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Mydearloverboy
Mydearloverboy marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Char
Char added it
Apr 17, 2013
RedIza
RedIza marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Laura added it
Apr 01, 2013
Kiera7504
Kiera7504 marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2013
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Lux Zakari is the author of the novels Coercion, Finale, Secretly More, Wild Arcana, and Single, Cool, and Fine: How to Get Laid as an Ex-Teen Idol. Her work has been published in anthologies (Best Bondage Erotica, Best Women's Erotica) and on websites (For The Girls, The Erotic Woman). Her short stories, Across the Way and The Mouth, are available as free downloads on Goodreads.

For details, visi...more
More about Lux Zakari...
Across the Way Secretly More Finale Wild Arcana Single, Cool, and Fine: How to Get Laid as an Ex-Teen Idol