Start by marking “Will of Steel (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #4)” as Want to Read:
Will of Steel (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #4)

Will of Steel (The Men of Medicine Ridge #4)

Follow New York Times bestselling author Diana Palmer to Medicine Ridge, Montana, and meet Police Chief Theodore Graves—a man as rugged as the land he passionately wants to claim as his own. Only one thing stands in his way, a feisty woman who is prepared to meet his challenge. Sparks fly as they go toe-to-toe, but can the man with a will of steel finally learn what it mea ...more
Published November 30th 2010 by Silhouette (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Will of Steel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Will of Steel

Melanie♥
Dec 04, 2010 Melanie♥ rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
This book had a rocky, choppy start for me; it improved as it went along, however. The second half was a big improvement over the somewhat disjointed beginning. What was missing for me in this book was the connection to the characters and the emotional and sexual tension. It was a decent DP book, but certainly not one for the Silhouette Desire line. I’d say the content was more appropriate for a standard Harlequin Romance. I miss DP’s writing of old. I am glad I have an extensive collection of h ...more
Jenny
Feb 15, 2014 Jenny rated it it was ok
I adore Diana Palmer but I thought this heroine was too stupid to live. Trying to find excuses for a man who almost raped you?! Unacceptable! Hero on the other hand was a gentleman, very likable.
Mackenzie
Oct 16, 2016 Mackenzie rated it really liked it
Book 4 of 4
Linda
Jun 21, 2014 Linda rated it did not like it
Okie Dokey then.

When I read one of the thinner Harlequin type romances - I am not expecting deep literature. I am expecting a fluff read to pass the time.

I picked up this little volume because of three elements: Man, Cowboy Hat and Horse. I am expecting a stoic rancher/cowboy type of thing here.

The male protagonist was a police chief in a small town. There was no horse. The female protagonist had a calf which she kept as a pet. They kept referring to this calf throughout the book. Does the calf
Ambereen
Jan 02, 2012 Ambereen rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The main characters have known each other long before the book even starts, adding to their relationship. They are further connected when their uncles leave similar wills, stating their desire for Ted and Jillian to marry in order to keep a ranch. As the book continues on, their relationship and attraction for one another strengthen.

I love the fact that this book gave an example of time strengthening a relationship, instead of the oh-so-overused "love at first sight" concept. The book was fresh
Astraycat
I couldn't believe I would DNF a DP's book because of the h! I liked the first part esp how h and H got to know each other, and it was refreshing that a h was not eager for H's love, but, bam! When the man who almost raped h was out of the jail, he tried to brainwash her that all of her accusation was imagination, and she believed him! Was she nuts? Of course a 15-year-old girl could already tell whether a man was pursuing her or attacking her! Not to mention her customers believed an outsider's ...more
Shandra Teal
Mar 23, 2015 Shandra Teal rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. Ok, calling the female lead stupid is harsh. Jillian is not stupid but is sheltered and very naive. Females without strong role models can seem to be "stupid" about men who are manipulative. And wheither the marriage clause is realistic or not, it's a novel and it's not supposed to be realistic. If you're looking for realism, read a newspaper.
I liked Ted (what woman doesn't like a hot lawman), and Jillian was just a very young adult. Not everyone is super wise about the male gender
Danielle
Feb 02, 2011 Danielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: modern-romance
I have no strong feelings about this book. It was just okay for me. I loved Diana Palmer books in the past but recently her books lack that certain something that pulls at my heartstrings. Don't get me wrong the book was not bad but there was something missing. Or maybe the problem was the storyline was the same as all the other tens of thousands of books Palmer has written. I leave it up to my fellow Palmer fans to decide.
Amanda Sheila
Nov 22, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Shelves: diana-palmer
Good but not my favorite.

I have this little confusion, in the synopsis Ted sounds like a hard and merciless man when in reality Ted's easy going and gentle. And Ted's the one who chase Jillian, not the other way around. So, I think there's a little misfit in this book.

But so far so good. I enjoyed it.
Tasha
Feb 01, 2011 Tasha rated it liked it
I like Diana Palmer and this was a cute quick read but very short and kind of odd. It was like the characters were a throw back to when the west was settled but I believe it was suppose to take place in current day so it was a little odd for me there. I liked the simple goodness of the characters but it was too short to really get into the story.
Tina
Apr 15, 2011 Tina rated it liked it
I would call this a "good" romance story. However, I don't think that the ending should have been so quick, they should have been a little more clever in the way the enemy was taken care of. I think that since the "bodyguard" had such an extensive background in defensive training/combat, the author could have used his character to be a little more imaginative with the ending.
Veronica86
Jul 12, 2011 Veronica86 rated it liked it
7/9/11...just pick up this diana palmer, i love ther as an auther so i hope this is one of her good ones..

what can i say another classic from diana palmer ..love the story and how sassy and john are in this story cuz i love that book too..
Michelle
This is the first time that I recall Not liking a book by this author. It was so bad that I just stopped reading it. Maybe it was one she wrote when she first started writing. Whatever it's bad. The dialogue is silly and immature.
Jenny
Nov 19, 2015 Jenny rated it it was ok
Not my favorite Diana Palmer book. The characters had no chemistry and I think the dialogue was overbearing at times.
Judith
Jul 26, 2013 Judith rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, western
It seemed that every sentence of dialog was laced with some comment about the state of the society today.
Gail A Ostrove
Jul 11, 2016 Gail A Ostrove rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action packed from start to finish

I liked how the characters weren't afraid to speak their minds when Jillian was starting to doubt herself about Jack Graves.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Seriously? I could have done without this book. There was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY he should have believed ANYTHING that guy was saying. Sorry, not buying it. Foul!
Christy
May 16, 2014 Christy rated it liked it
Love her books as she is my favorite author,but,this one just wasn't working for me. She's still the best though. :)
Jessie Persse
Feb 19, 2011 Jessie Persse rated it did not like it
So bad I couldn't finish it. I just skipped straight to the sex scene (well, it IS a Mills and Boon), and even that disappointed me. Big thumbs down!
kasey Dean
kasey Dean rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Maeghan Chapin
Maeghan Chapin rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2016
Christie Maynard
Christie Maynard rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Ariestio
Ariestio rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2015
Zaydee
Zaydee rated it liked it
May 07, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Devonna
Devonna rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Therese Lopez
Therese Lopez rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2015
Me123chan
Me123chan rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2014
  • The Tycoon's Paternity Agenda
  • The CEO's Accidental Bride
  • Dante's Marriage Pact (The Dante Legacy, #7)
  • The Cowgirl In Question (McCalls' Montana #1)
  • Sweet Surrender, Baby Surprise (Duke Brothers #2)
  • Expecting the Rancher's Heir (Dynasties: The Jarrods #3)
  • To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)
  • Have Baby, Need Billionaire (Billionaires and Babies, #11)
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • Expecting Royal Twins!
  • Seduced: The Unexpected Virgin (The Takeover, #2)
  • The Maverick Prince (Rich, Rugged And Royal #1)
  • Cowboy, Take Me Away
  • Honey and the Hired Hand (Hawk's Way #1)
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover, #3)
  • A Reputable Rake
  • One Night with Prince Charming (Aristocratic Grooms, #2)
  • A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

The Men of Medicine Ridge (4 books)
  • Circle of Gold (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #1)
  • The Wedding in White (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #2)
  • Diamond In The Rough (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #3)