Start by marking “Will of Steel (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #4)” as Want to Read:
Will of Steel (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #4)

Will of Steel (The Men of Medicine Ridge #4)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  560 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Follow New York Times bestselling author Diana Palmer to Medicine Ridge, Montana, and meet Police Chief Theodore Graves—a man as rugged as the land he passionately wants to claim as his own. Only one thing stands in his way, a feisty woman who is prepared to meet his challenge. Sparks fly as they go toe-to-toe, but can the man with a will of steel finally learn wh ...more
Published November 30th 2010 by Silhouette (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Will of Steel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Will of Steel

Melanie♥
This book had a rocky, choppy start for me; it improved as it went along, however. The second half was a big improvement over the somewhat disjointed beginning. What was missing for me in this book was the connection to the characters and the emotional and sexual tension. It was a decent DP book, but certainly not one for the Silhouette Desire line. I’d say the content was more appropriate for a standard Harlequin Romance. I miss DP’s writing of old. I am glad I have an extensive collection of h ...more
Jenny
I adore Diana Palmer but I thought this heroine was too stupid to live. Trying to find excuses for a man who almost raped you?! Unacceptable! Hero on the other hand was a gentleman, very likable.
Linda
Okie Dokey then.

When I read one of the thinner Harlequin type romances - I am not expecting deep literature. I am expecting a fluff read to pass the time.

I picked up this little volume because of three elements: Man, Cowboy Hat and Horse. I am expecting a stoic rancher/cowboy type of thing here.

The male protagonist was a police chief in a small town. There was no horse. The female protagonist had a calf which she kept as a pet. They kept referring to this calf throughout the book. Does the calf
Shandra Teal
3 1/2 stars. Ok, calling the female lead stupid is harsh. Jillian is not stupid but is sheltered and very naive. Females without strong role models can seem to be "stupid" about men who are manipulative. And wheither the marriage clause is realistic or not, it's a novel and it's not supposed to be realistic. If you're looking for realism, read a newspaper.
I liked Ted (what woman doesn't like a hot lawman), and Jillian was just a very young adult. Not everyone is super wise about the male gender
Christy
Love her books as she is my favorite author,but,this one just wasn't working for me. She's still the best though. :)
Spinneretta
Not one of Palmer's better stories, but I do enjoy seeing Rourke pop up in cameos!
Ambereen
The main characters have known each other long before the book even starts, adding to their relationship. They are further connected when their uncles leave similar wills, stating their desire for Ted and Jillian to marry in order to keep a ranch. As the book continues on, their relationship and attraction for one another strengthen.

I love the fact that this book gave an example of time strengthening a relationship, instead of the oh-so-overused "love at first sight" concept. The book was fresh
Dorothy Morawsky
Was ok, but a little boring to get through.
Danielle
I have no strong feelings about this book. It was just okay for me. I loved Diana Palmer books in the past but recently her books lack that certain something that pulls at my heartstrings. Don't get me wrong the book was not bad but there was something missing. Or maybe the problem was the storyline was the same as all the other tens of thousands of books Palmer has written. I leave it up to my fellow Palmer fans to decide.
Tina
I would call this a "good" romance story. However, I don't think that the ending should have been so quick, they should have been a little more clever in the way the enemy was taken care of. I think that since the "bodyguard" had such an extensive background in defensive training/combat, the author could have used his character to be a little more imaginative with the ending.
Tasha
I like Diana Palmer and this was a cute quick read but very short and kind of odd. It was like the characters were a throw back to when the west was settled but I believe it was suppose to take place in current day so it was a little odd for me there. I liked the simple goodness of the characters but it was too short to really get into the story.
Tania
Enjoying reading about some Native American history... Amongst the romance, of course.
Amanda Sheila
Good but not my favorite.

I have this little confusion, in the synopsis Ted sounds like a hard and merciless man when in reality Ted's easy going and gentle. And Ted's the one who chase Jillian, not the other way around. So, I think there's a little misfit in this book.

But so far so good. I enjoyed it.
Veronica86
7/9/11...just pick up this diana palmer, i love ther as an auther so i hope this is one of her good ones..

what can i say another classic from diana palmer ..love the story and how sassy and john are in this story cuz i love that book too..
Michelle
This is the first time that I recall Not liking a book by this author. It was so bad that I just stopped reading it. Maybe it was one she wrote when she first started writing. Whatever it's bad. The dialogue is silly and immature.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Seriously? I could have done without this book. There was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY he should have believed ANYTHING that guy was saying. Sorry, not buying it. Foul!
Jessie Persse
So bad I couldn't finish it. I just skipped straight to the sex scene (well, it IS a Mills and Boon), and even that disappointed me. Big thumbs down!
Judith
It seemed that every sentence of dialog was laced with some comment about the state of the society today.
Finished it within a day of getting it! Definitely a good, fast, easy read :) Loved it!
~Megan~
Not my favorite Diana Palmer book by far, but still enjoyable!
LeeAnn G
love her books...will stop other books to read hers.
Lesley
OK, easy read, sort of juvenile.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Men of Medicine Ridge
Jeanette
This was a good book.
Jojo
So bad I couldn't finish.
PWRL
Jan 28, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
Large Print
  • Sweet Surrender, Baby Surprise (Duke Brothers #2)
  • The CEO's Accidental Bride
  • Dante's Marriage Pact (The Dante Legacy #7)
  • The Cowgirl In Question (McCalls' Montana #1)
  • Have Baby, Need Billionaire
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • Seduced: The Unexpected Virgin (The Takeover #2)
  • Expecting Royal Twins!
  • Expecting the Rancher's Heir (Dynasties: The Jarrods #3)
  • The Maverick Prince (Rich, Rugged And Royal #1)
  • Honor (Bannon Brothers, #2)
  • Honey and the Hired Hand
  • To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)
  • The Sheikh's Wayward Wife (Sheikh Tycoons, #2)
  • One Night with Prince Charming (Aristocratic Grooms, #2)

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...

The Men of Medicine Ridge (4 books)
  • Circle of Gold (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #1)
  • The Wedding in White (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #2)
  • Diamond In The Rough (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #3)
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)