Nemesis (Resident Evil, #5)

Nemesis (Resident Evil #5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  1,482 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Zombies. Mutant animals. Bioengineered weapons and surgically enhanced monsters. Secret labs and widespread conspiracies. It seemed impossible, but Kill Valentine and her teammates among the S.T.A.R.S. had seen it all firsthand when the Umbrella Corporation turned Raccoon City into a staging ground for the most insidious genetic experiments ever conceived. After all she's...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Pocket Books (first published 2000)

Halo by Eric S. NylundAssassin's Creed by Oliver BowdenBioShock by John ShirleyAssassin's Creed by Oliver BowdenAssassin's Creed by Oliver Bowden
Video Game Novels/Trades
41st out of 180 books — 191 voters
Star Wars Episode VI by James KahnE.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in His Adventure on Earth by William KotzwinkleStar Trek II by Vonda N. McIntyreStar Wars, Episode IV by George LucasStar Wars, Episode V by Donald F. Glut
Novelizations
32nd out of 149 books — 26 voters

More lists with this book...

Cate (The Professional Fangirl)
This is a Reading Good Books review.

Ah, the Nemesis. To me, he is the "Pyramid Head" of the Resident Evil series. Everybody knows who he is and he is one of the scariest opponents in the entire franchise. He also made an appearance on the movie adaptation, just like his Silent Hill counterpart. But if you must know, the Nemesis is a creature from Umbrella Labs programmed to hunt and kill S.T.A.R.S. members. He appears in the third Resident Evil game and the fifth book adaptation.

Jill Valentine...more
Jan
"S.D. Perry is constantly improving on the the novelizations of the Resident Evil Series and it is starting to show more and more with the novels she is writing. What I know about this novel is it is based off the events of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis which also takes place in Racoon City before it was purged. The story is told through the third-person view of both Jill Valentine and Carlos Olivera - the two main characters of the third video game.

What I like about this novel is it is a very close...more
Robert Beveridge
S. D. Perry, Resident Evil: Nemesis (Pocket, 2000)

Perry (thankfully) returns to Raccoon City for the fifth installment in the Resident Evil series. While most of the disgraced S.T.A.R.S. Team has left for other places (as detailed in books two through four), Jill Valentine is still in the city. She's planning to get out soon, but Umbrella, who are still monitoring the plague-stricken town, have other ideas, and a nasty new monster to stop her if they can. Meanwhile, Umbrella has sent four platoo...more
Paul Wardman
This was ok. Not great, not terrible, just ok.
I've heard for so long that The Nemesis is THE monster of the Resident Evil series and having never played the games I was excited to find out why. Sadly I didn't get that sense of terror or excitement every time it showed up. In this case I'm thinking it's something you have to experience in the game and not on paper.
The characters did enough to hold my interest but never really had me rushing through pages to see what would happen next. As with a...more
Ritz
Protagonizada por Jill Valentine y Carlos algo (el guapo misterioso)

Los hechos se desarrollan posteriormente al incidente en la Mansión Spencer, pero en la ciudad de Raccon City arrazada por la epidemia de muertos viviente y demás bichos de los laboratorios de Umbrella.

Es lo mismo pero en la ciudad entera, con un mercenario loco, el cliché que le da de patadas a las cosas cuando pierde el control y está obsesionado con matar todo lo que respire...

Ya me fastidió que todas las novelas están escrit...more
J.C.
i read these books many years ago and since then have lost them, therefore I am giving them a score based on my original reading and not one that i would necessary hold if I read them today.
Felicia
There were three elements that bugged me about this book:
#1: stupid puzzles, clearly the author thought this was inane too.
#2: the female lead decides to wear a tube top and miniskirt to go fight monsters. I don't know of anyone with a brain in their head who would want to face horrible, rotting monsters wearing a top that won't stay up and a skirt that doesn't cover anything. This is even stupider than the steampunk corset plus tool belt combo.
#3: No one makes any effort to procure clean water,...more
Jade Webber-crothers
I have nearly read all of the Resident evil series by Perry and found them all vey detailed and well written. I was captivated all the way through Nemesis.
Darío
I love it!
Paulo Bana
I was never bored with this although I've playes RE3 like gazillion times. It is good that I've played it and remember how the map looks like and stuff but I don't remember carlos looking like a Hispnic guy from the game.
If you think about it, nothing on the game says that Raccoon smelled like SHIT. And the description made me gag a bit especially with the giant worm freak stuff. Hahahaha.
SD Perry is also getting better and better in writing. I haven't played Code: Veronica but hopefully I'll...more
Neha
S.D. Perry does a phenomenal job at bringing the video game to life in this novelization of Resident Evil 3. The interaction between the two main characters feel more intimate and real. You get a wonderful glimpse into the doubts, fears, anger, etc that they feel as you are introduced to their thoughts and feelings. The action is good and the suspense isn't too predictable. I absolutely love the games and I thoroughly enjoy reading the novels.
AndrewP
This book back tracks in the timeline a bit to follow Jill Valentine's escape from Raccoon City and therefore takes place at the same time as the events in City of The Dead. Another quick read that was fairly predictable. These books are so short that you have to read a couple of them at a time to really get an satisfaction. Hard to find so your best chance is a set on E-Bay or in a used bookstore.
Neha Prasad
now this is what you call a show down..I was literally running beside Jill in the whole book...nemesis is the best monster yet that has been created..Jill is one of the toughest characters I have read about and a real badass
John P.
My favourite of S.D.Perry's Resident Evil books.

Based around the events of the computer game Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, the book gives some great back-story and in-fill to the game whilst being a great book in itself.

Jill Valentine and the other characters are faithfully brought to life, and Raccoon City is brilliantly described.

Well worth reading!
Chicokc
A pesar de que el juego es el peor a mi parecer (dentro de los RE) el libro tiene lo suyito. Claro, no es el mejor libro de la tierra, ni la escritora se convertirá en la nueva Shakespeare, pero el libro cumple su cometido, entretenerte y contarte la historia según una monita de lo que pasa dentro del 3er juego de la saga de RE.
Bea
My favourite, and not just because it features my favourite RE character- part war story, part espionage, it's a faithful adaption of my favourite of the original RE trilogy. Jill is given the dimension that the movies and RE5 was lacking. I hope if the character ever returns, they will pay more attention to Perry's rendition.
Alex
Resident Evil 3 was once of my most favorite videogames when I was younger--making this book instantly appealing to both my eye and my interest. Like City of the Dead, Nemesis clearly depicted the events that had occurred in RE3 perfectly. Another supurb book written By S.D. Perry.
Kyle Bullis
Finally i have finished Resident Evil: Nemesis. I have to say it had an amazing ending. The epilogue leads me to believe that it will be going in order of the popular video game so that means the next book will be Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Dereck
I started playing the game with a friend, and I found this book, and it fits the same mood of the game, and actually stays pretty close to the plot of the game. It actually was a good read, and I was a bit surprised by that.
Rich Zowaski
An excellent adaptation of the 3rd game. S. D. Perry adds elements to the back story that were eluded to in the game and expands upon the original content brilliantly.
Chris Lemmerman
Covers pretty much the entire game in decent detail, fleshes out the character of Nicolai very well, and absolutely grossed me out with its descriptions. Great stuff.
Lenny
I absolutely love all of the Resident Evil Books. I play all the games as well as watch all of the movies to. The books rock though and I read all of them quite a bit.
Kevin
I like the resident evil movies and the games but I just couldnt get into this novel.It seemed disjointed and awkward. I gave up pretty quick on it.
Samuel
nemesis program was the intelligence of the umbrella corporation which in return was very active, but hyperactive when it came across Alice
Justine
So for a while there i thought Ada Wong's still alive only to realize that this happened the same time with book 3. bummer.
Abraham Spencer
It had sad parts, gruesome parts, scary parts. The author did a great job! I can't wait to read the rest of the series by her.
Rose
my resident evil journey is almost over. :( So many bad guys in this one, all good! onto the next one, now! :D
Etterkommer
In my opinion,this is the best of the Resident evil books.
I read it over and over and never get tired of it.
Aaron
A good edition to the R.E. books, based on the 3rd. game. Excitement and zombies galore!!!
Thomas Jenner
This one is by far the best one in my opinion. This was the book that made me want to be a writer!
  • Resident Evil: Extinction
  • Endgame (Doom #4)
  • Alan Wake
  • Dead Space: Catalyst
  • Dead Island
  • City of the Dead
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Aliens: The Female War
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • 28 Days Later: The Aftermath
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • Liberty's Crusade (StarCraft, #1)
  • Marvel Zombies Return
  • Dead Space Salvage
  • Dead Space
  • Coalition's End (Gears of War, #4)
  • The Kingdom of Shadow (Diablo, #3)
  • Mass Effect: Retribution (Mass Effect, #3)
52051
Stephani Danelle Perry (credited as S. D. Perry in her works) is a novelist living in the Pacific Northwest. She is the daughter of writer Steve Perry.

S. D. Perry currently resides in Portland, Oregon, with her husband, Myk, her two excellent children, Cyrus and Dexter, and their dogs. She mostly writes tie-in novels based on works in the fantasy/science-fiction/horror genres, including Resident E...more
More about S.D. Perry...
The Umbrella Conspiracy (Resident Evil, #1) City of the Dead (Resident Evil, #3) Caliban Cove (Resident Evil, #2) Underworld  (Resident Evil, #4) Code: Veronica  (Resident Evil, #6)