Holly and Mistletoe (Hometown Heartbreakers, #6)

Holly and Mistletoe (Hometown Heartbreakers #6)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  665 ratings  ·  32 reviews

A storm had claimed her apartment and now Holly Garrett was without a home for the holidays. But just when she saw her plans for Christmas crumbling, a miracle came her way. The handsome firefighter who'd saved her and her cat--and who'd injured himself in the rescue--was now asking her for help. And he was inviting her to live with him. Sure, she could cook and clean for

Published (first published November 1st 1996)

Barb
A storm had claimed her apartment and now Holly Garrett was without a home for the holidays. But just when she couldn't see a 'merry' Christmas the handsome firefighter who'd saved her and her cat--and who'd injured himself in the rescue--was now asking her for help. Flat on his back for more than a month, he was inviting her to live with him, and could cook and keep him company, and be his nursemaid.

Jordan Haynes couldn't let Holly be alone for Christmas--not when she brought out his every pro...more
Rochelle
Jan 14, 2013 Rochelle rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: 40-year old virgins
Shelves: read-2013, chick-lit
I hate virgins.
I really do.
I mean, sure, if you're 16, save it, etc. 16 is too young. But I'm getting sick of the Regency Romances where all of the women are expected to be pure and chaste, and the men are rakes. But this takes the cake - a 28-year old virgin?? Basically, her mom is sick for so long she didn't have time?!?!?
And it's not only that she is a virgin, she's so annoying - "oh, I have an extra 15 pounds, oh, why would you ever like me?" Get some self-esteem and then call me!
This book w...more
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
There are moments btwn Jordan and Molly sweet as cotton candy, in a good way.

The problem is you're never allowed to forget that this is part of a series, cause the darn family members keep showing up EVERYWHERE. Constantly meddling, making glib references to their own romances, or brow beating the main characters ( Tell her you love her why dont cha! Whatever you say, just don't break his heart....dun dun dun dun. You'll nevah evah evah find another like ___ ( insert name and prerequisite sassy...more
Yona
This book was just silly and unbelievable and i hated the end.
Diana Brockelbank
A little slow to start, but a great finish! Nice Christmas story.
Sarah Eiseman
This book, I think, is part of another series, although I’m having some trouble finding the other books on Kindle. Holly and her cat, Mistletoe, are new to town. But not new enough to avoid disaster. She ends up meeting Jordan Haynes, a local fireman, as he rescues her cat from her apartment’s flood. During Jordan’s recovery from saving her (and the cat), this brooding Haynes closes himself in his Victorian home desperately in need of renovation. Holly, with her store called A Victorian Parlor,...more
Victoria
Since December, I have been reading a box of Romance novels. Through more than 30 novels, I have fully explored the genre of Romance. I end this travel with Holly and Mistletoe, feeling as if this was a quintessential novel of the genre. I had so much fun reading all of these novels, the bad and the good.

Oh and this book was ok. Sick of the virgin trope, tbh.
Cailey
I wanted to read a quick cheesy Christmas book, and this delivered on that, but was pretty poor plot-wise and had a lot of little errors. I am a pretty attentive reader, so those bits really bugged me, as actual descriptions were kind of light. I liked Holly, but I thought they used the word "innocent" about 6,000 times in the book and that just kind of pissed me off. I also haven't read any of the other books in the series, so I was irritated at the constant intrusion of the characters from pre...more
Mindy
Really enjoyed this one! Sad thing is, It is the last in the series of a very old series by Susan Mallery. I even went so far as researching where i could get the rest of the books and they are only available from book markets. I was hoping they were library available. I fell in love with the family that embraces Holly and her cat Mistletoe. Great read and got it for a sale price--win, win.
Angela
Ugh. A republished Harlequin that used every trite overblown romance plot device. Eye-rollingly ridiculous.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Holly's apartment is destroyed in a storm and the fire-fighter, Jordan, who saved her cat needs some recuperation time so she offers to cook for him. The more time they spend together, the more the sparks fly. He lives in a large, old victorian house and asks her expertise and help to restore it. His large family likes and accepts her, bringing her into their family. Long term commitment has never appealed to Jordan until Holly. Good read!!
Tai the Lioness
This is book is actually not so bad. It is really cute and cuddly and warm. It is a great book if you are just in a Christmas mood, or are a new comer to romance. Seasoned Romance Vets probably won't appreciate it however, the nuvo-roms probably will enjoy it. The characters were really nice, makes you wish they were in a serious contemporary romance.
Donna
I may have made an error by reading this series straight through because they all seem to be basically the same book with a few changes....man afraid to love and woman afraid to trust...I really liked Holly, but the plot wasn't particularly interesting.
S
A sweet story with a predictable plot. What better to read during the holiday period when our mind turns to good things. Although the plot was predictable and the reader knows what was going to happen, it was still enjoyable.
Mary:   Harry Dresden's Love Slave
It was ok. I like Susan Mallery. But this one had some issues. I was able to beleive the 28yr old virgin thing. But not knowing that a man gets hard when he's aroused? Or what a condom is? I mean come on!
Kat
The characters were likable enough and the Christmas setting was endearing, but the book seemed highly repetitive. Same phrases over and over, characters harping on the same issues over and over. Not the greatest.
Christy
Back when I read these things, this was one of my "fluffy" favorites. Susan Mallery is a great series romance writer. Too bad I'm disillusioned with romance right now. :/
Thomasina Goss
I like this book,only problem that I had was that holly was a 28 year old virgin. And never been kiss or touch by a guy. hard to believe in this age in time.
Sueij
Another silly little romance, also worth the quarter I paid at the thrift shop. Better than the Sheik book, but still all fluff.
Nikki
Good quick, easy and light read for the holidays.
However.....same parts were just ridiculously unbelievable.....
Season
kinds of predictible and I didn't know it was part of a series so I felt a little behind in the storyline.
Gina
Terrible book. The characters are boring, the dialog is terrible. It takes great effort just to finish it.
Cynthia
If you like romance and a book that makes you laugh and feel good inside you will like this.
Allison
Loved it! Now I just have to find the books about the other brothers and Austin!
Captmashpea
It was a really fun story and I liked how they got to know each other.
Gina Hott
loved it! need to grab the rest of the series!!!
Tammy
As always a great read.
Viki
nice Christmas romance!!
Jen
GREAT love story!
kul! 3 5 Apr 20, 2013 11:14PM
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • The Prince's Virgin Wife
  • Finders Keepers
  • A Regency Christmas: Scarlet Ribbons\ Christmas Promise\ A Little Christmas (Harlequin Historical Series)
  • Christmas Belle (Frazer, #2)
  • Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)
  • The Naughty List
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • Don't Open Till Christmas (Santori Stories #3)
  • Falling for King's Fortune
  • I'm Your Santa (Brava Brothers, #3)
  • Mistletoe & Margaritas
  • Night Moves
  • Small Town Christmas (Lucky Harbor, #2.5, Deep in the Heart of Texas #2.5, Last Chance #2.5)
  • Heart of Ice (Western Lovers: Denim & Diamonds #24)
  • Jingle All The Way
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it come...more
More about Susan Mallery...
Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) Only Mine (Fool's Gold, #4) Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5) Almost Perfect (Fool’s Gold, #2) Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)

“The worst part is the unknown. The pain of being alone, the loneliness, is familiar. You've dealt with that. You understand it. But loving someone, risking everything, is unknown. There's no way to know how bad it's going to be. You barely survive the pain of being alone, so how can you deal with anything worse? So you don't bother to try.” 4 likes