Start by marking “The Tao Of Dating: The Smart Woman's Guide To Being Absolutely Irresistible” as Want to Read:
The Tao Of Dating: The Smart Woman's Guide To Being Absolutely Irresistible

The Tao Of Dating: The Smart Woman's Guide To Being Absolutely Irresistible

The #1-Rated Dating Book on Amazon for 157 Weeks, From April 2010 to April 2013
This is what readers have to say:
"I have read many books about relationships and dating, but 'The Tao of Dating' is one of a kind, so different and mind-blowing in its common sense and simplicity that it is impossible to put it down once you start reading."

"Well, where shall I start? Mind blow
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Tao Of Dating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tao Of Dating

Sep 20, 2012 Leslie rated it really liked it
I dislike self-help books. I find them indulgent and a bit ridiculous. I also feel like I don't need them.

However, I picked this one up and read it cover to cover in about 3 nights.

It is easy to read, appeals on a number of levels, both simple and straightforward all the way to the more spiritual and meditative levels...nd is also practical. There are bits and pieces that everyone, at any level, can take from this book. I expect there are dog-eared/highlighated copies all over the world of this
Mar 04, 2012 Jaci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More a book about general Taoism than dating, but I actually appreciated it. Now, off to find me some boys!
Oct 03, 2014 Letitia rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All smart, attractive women who want to be in a fulfilling relationship but aren't.
I read this book 2 years ago and have since bought copies of it for six women I love, including my mother, sister and girlfriends, which sets a personal record that I doubt will be broken by another book. That may be the highest recommendation I will ever bestow on a non-fiction book, in part because it enabled me to reconsider a guy I rejected with new eyes. The book is not perfect, but it helped me see the things that matter, the things that make a guy a "Good Guy", that I can't establish with ...more
Jun 02, 2013 Kharah rated it liked it
This is one of those books, particularly with that title, that you're almost loathe to add to your reading list just because it's going to pop up on everyone's feed. But a friend of mine got a kick out of and forwarded me one of Dr. Ali's Huffington Post articles on dating for people that are too smart for their own good. And I was so impressed with his perspective and tell-it-like-it-is approach (e.g., only someone so smart could screw up something so basic) that I decided to give the book a tr ...more
Mar 05, 2015 Sophia rated it it was amazing
I ordered the "Tao of Dating" while still recovering from an abusive relationship which took me almost 3 years to get over. I had noticed that I didn't trust my instincts anymore about identifying a good man and how to build a healthy relationship.
It's hard to understand or even explain why one is attracted to the "bad guy" especially if it's not that obvious in the beginning, and then, how I got so deep into this wrong relationship to the point that I didn't even notice how I was being manipula
Jul 08, 2013 Bells rated it it was ok

I purchased this book after reading many amazing views from Amazon. Rated the best selling dating book.
Much of the content is digested and regurgitated how to love yourself theories. Whilst I definitely think this is true the book didn't really tell me anything that I hadn't already read from other such books.

I soon discovered the reason for the positive reviews from Amazon. The author offers each reviewer that leaves a review on Amazon a 15 minute coaching slot. So who would want to leave a ba
Jul 29, 2013 Kim rated it liked it
This book is a bit touchy-feely. Some of the exercises that he advises readers to do are a bit out-there. But I guess if it helps you get in touch with your authentic self, then great. It's not the best dating book I've ever read, but it's good. I'd recommend it especially to those who have a spiritual streak or are looking for more off-beat, unconventional advice.
Feb 07, 2012 Kristy rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, self-help
...because I kind of suck at dating.
Jun 30, 2012 Jesse rated it really liked it
I got a mini ebook by the same fellow and it hyped that The Tao of Dating was the best selling dating guide on Amazon. I decided to see what he could offer me.

I will start right now by saying this isn’t your typical dating guide. It focused as much on personal development as it did with relating to the opposite sex. The book alternated chapters on how to improve your dating skills and how to better yourself as a person.

Binazir was not messing around when he titled his book. Taoism and the Tao Te
Jan 31, 2014 Eve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I purchased this book July 2012, after re-entering the single scene and needing some dating pointers. This book turned out to be so much more than just dating "pointers"

In the very first chapter Dr. Binazir points out "Deep down, women seek relationships not because they want a particular guy, but rather because they want the feelings that a good relationship brings them." The chapter then becomes about loving yourself fully, focusing on all the great things you already have going on in your lif
I had to come back and increase my star rating of this book. I read it cover to cover in a few days back in the summer and thought, "Oh, I guess this book is alright, but what's it saying that hasn't been said before?" Another thing that held me back was that I honestly wonder whether some parts of this book aren't downright sexist (e.g., some of the feminine-masculine polarity writings).

I realized five months later, however, that I have been coming back to the book again and again. The author m
Mar 01, 2015 Adsjv1 rated it it was amazing
This book has quite literally changed my life. Yes, it is a book about dating and relationships. But it is also a book about how to live life to the fullest and really living life as the best you. It has helped me not only personally but relationally. It has taught me how to be a person I like and respect and as such get dates with people who I also like and respect. It demonstrates how to recognize and distinguish the really good men, how to get dates, and even start relationships.
One part I e
This is a self-help book for women which sets out to do exactly what the title says. It contains lots of nuggets of very good advice, liberally sprinkled with quotes from the Tao Te Ching and people like T.S.Eliot. It covers not only the finding and dating aspects, but also maintaining relationships once established, along with some sensible stuff about how to have a relationship with yourself first. Definitely has an Eastern slant to it (hence the Tao bit), and just to save you reading it (poss ...more
May 29, 2014 Aliya rated it really liked it
Great book for women, quite a tome on relationship mgmt from the XX chromosome perspective. If you were to read only one book on the topic, this would be it. I took off a star because of the religious buffet the author continuously presented. The part about going to a mosque to hookup with a guy cracked me up, because mosques are strictly segregated, and in any case such intentions defile one's relationship with Allah, which is the only relationship that is worthwhile in the long run.
Sarah O'Flaherty
Jan 01, 2016 Sarah O'Flaherty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psychology, self-help
This book is absolutely excellent!! I never thought a book on dating would actually be useful, but this one definitely is. I would highly recommend it to any smart women who's about to head into the world of dating, or has been dating for a while and struggling with the process. Thanks Ali - I think you might have changed my life.
Karen Rubin
Mar 01, 2015 Karen Rubin rated it it was amazing
I was impressed with how the advice Dr. Ali B proposed for how to comport oneself while dating was actually the best advice for "Winning at Life." It's a two-fer. If you have been engaging in some dating insanity (of course you have, or you wouldn't be shopping for dating advice books), then reading this one will point you toward peace in your interactions with dates.
Jan 25, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: winter2014
I was expecting a lot more from someone stamped with Harvard, Cambridge and McKinsey. The concept is pretty intuitive (or I've already mastered the Tao? yes I'm an expert at wu wei/non-action...) but some advice are downright destructive.
Aug 15, 2012 Katie rated it really liked it
Most important take away from this book. Fulfillment is a feeling, not a person. I also loved the philosophy of Taoism that runs throughout. Striking a balance, avoiding extremes, compassion, etc - all important in the everyday, not just dating. Loved it and have recommended it to several people.
Nov 13, 2015 Emma rated it really liked it
Read it in a single day

Not usually into dating books but this was well written and had a basis in science which was well appreciated.
Christine Knight Bailey
Feb 27, 2015 Christine Knight Bailey rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on living life from a more fulfilled point of view... I highly recommend for all women regardless of whether they are single or in a relationship.
Jul 08, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!
What a wonderful read! Every woman who is divorced or single, young or old should read this! I love the author's approach. Very easy to read and he has a website that has supporting info and a blog.
Feb 16, 2014 Lani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really spelled out what my married girlfriends couldn't and helped me identify bad habits, inadvertent self defeating thoughts and dating trends. Well worth the money!
Rebecca Tolley
May 17, 2015 Rebecca Tolley rated it liked it
If you're new to Taoism & new to dating books, this is a gentle, soulful, & smart introduction. Otherwise it's about average but contains some good bits of advice.
Becky rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2014
Isabelle rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2014
Marisa Tellez
Marisa Tellez rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Jessi rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2013
Candy Sparks
Candy Sparks rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Ltlewis rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2014
  • 500 Dates: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the Online Dating Wars
  • The Agency, Volume 1
  • The Philosophy of Thomas Aquinas
  • Reading Lips: A Memoir of Kisses
  • Argumentation: The Study Of Effective Reasoning (Great Courses, #4294)
  • Prince Harming Syndrome: Break Bad Relationship Patterns for Good -- 5 Essentials for Finding True Love (and they're not what you think)
  • If You Loved Me You'd Think This Was Cute: Uncomfortably True Cartoons About You
  • Dressed: A Century of Hollywood Costume Design
  • Creativity For Sale: How I Made $1,000,000 Wearing T-Shirts and How You Can Turn Your Passion Into Profit, Too
  • Charlemagne
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • Adele: The Biography
  • Corrupted Science: Fraud, Ideology and Politics in Science
  • Moving In: Tales of an Unlicensed Marriage
  • Jumpstart Your Novel
  • Styled: Secrets for Arranging Rooms, from Tabletops to Bookshelves
  • Eskimo Folk-Tales (1921)

“Remember that in life, everything that you want is outside of your comfort zone. Because if something is inside your comfort zone, it's either something you already have or something so trivial as to be undesirable: you don't want something you already have. So in order to get what you want but don't yet have, you have no choice but to venture outside of your comfort zone.” 14 likes
“Elegance is not buying a new dress.” 1 likes