Start by marking “Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way” as Want to Read:
Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way

Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  220 ratings  ·  28 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Tosca Reno knows exactly how you feel. She went from being a flabby, 200+ pound woman to a slim and sexy fitness expert—all past the age of 40! Now, for the first time ever, she reveals her secrets to looking better every year. Using the simple, Eat-Clean principles that have helped millions lose weight and featuring all-new advic ...more
Published September 28th 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Your Best Body Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Best Body Now

Andrea
Not quite what I expected... I thought this was going to be a workout book, with a lot of different exercises and clean-eating recipes. Well, it had one chapter of recipes, but many of them had 10+ ingredients, and it had a handful of exercises, but only 1/2 of them had accompanying photos!

The rest of the book covered changes that happen to the average body during your 30s, 40s, and 50s and the reasons why good nutrition and exercise are important to prevent disease and premature aging; info on
Trish
I'm a big fan of Tosca Reno - who couldn't look at her and be inspired? I'm not a big fan of this book however, as I found it simply too repetitive. While of course there will be some tidbits within this book that would strike a cord with anyone really, it felt like more filler content.
When covering the exercises roughly 50% showed no pictures. In addition, I think it would have been beneficial to show more exercises that can be done at home.
There seemed to be a lot of focus on supplements - an
Leitha Cosentino
I love Tosca Reno and this book. I've read all her books and while some specifically focus on diet or exercise, this book is a little bit of everything which comes together to be truly motivating and inspiring. Positive thinking, skin care, ways to handle common pitfalls. This book is one to pick up in times when you're tempted to give up on your health goals.
Kimberly
Geared toward the rich and famous, or those that want to be rich and famous.
Deborah
I love all Tosca Reno's books. This one doesn't disappoint.
Carla
i absolutely, positively LOVED this book. i will be continuing to refer back to it for recipes and motivation/inspiration. i could identify and relate to Tosca, the author, on SO many different levels. the following are some of my FAVORITE quotes from the book:
"if you ate perfectly, you wouldn't have to adjust your health plan by using supplements, or other treatments--you would be getting right amount of nutrients and fuel from food." pg. 153
"your body responds to smart health choices the secon
Shonna Hill
Honestly, I did not read every word of this book because it's TERRIBLY repetitive. It's like Tosca Reno found a format to bulk up the book and did not deviate from that format even though it didn't make sense to say the same thing over and over.

Pros: inspiring story of a woman getting in the best shape and health of her life after she turned 40, the recipes sound delicious and easy, eating clean is very do-able, lots of different gym exercises to choose from for different parts of the body

Cons:
Brenda
As with any book of this type, I felt that it was very repetitive. There is only so much information on nutrition and fitness, and I don't think anyone has enough to fill a 300 page book without repeating things. I do think there is some good information here, and I really like Tosca Reno. I think she's inspirational and even though I'm nearly 20 years younger than her, I'd love to be as fit as she is. I'm working on it. :)

I think my favorite quote from the book was this:

"Absolutely everything y
Tina
Rated G. I like the thought of eating clean and the philosophy that what you eat is either going to help you or harm you so decide before you put it in your mouth whether it is worth the harm. I wonder if her first book would have more detailed content in it. This book seemed to have a lot of summary and overview. The recipes looked okay, nothing special. I may have to try some garlic soup, though.
Gloria
Nov 03, 2010 Gloria rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women exercisers
I like this woman just because she is inspiring to look at and she is in her 50's. The book itself doesn't present virtually anything you don't already know from reading other diet/exercise books. This is quite similar to the famous book by Bill Phillips entitled "Body for Life." Features quite a number of before and after pictures and discusses both diet and exercise (especialy body building). Her number one theme is putting yourself at the top of "the list" which is a strong self-empowering st ...more
Dee Vasquez
Learning HOW to eat clean was the beginning of my transformation and THIS BOOK is what gave me the TOOLS. Tosca tells you exactly what to do and how to do it to achieve results. After reading this book, I went on to read five others. The recipes are difficult and have too many ingredients for my taste and budget. I did learn to become my own experimental cook and enjoy eating clean. This is a life choice....not a quick fix diet. expand your horizons & taste the fruits of life!
Delores
As other readers mentioned, there were interesting tidbits but overall this book fell short. The author does offer a lot of inspiration and positive reinforcement and she looks great, but compared to other health/fitness books I've read, it did not offer as much information as I was expecting. If you're doing Paleo or the no sugar/no starch plan, the recipes and eating plan in this book will not be helpful.
Kellyann
Tosca is her usual inspirational self. reading this slowly, a bit every day, was a nice ongoing infusion of motivation. i have to say that i preferred the Eat Clean Diet (Recharged) to this one, though. while i like the concept of personal advice for your age bracket, it too often felt like "do this in your 30s, now do more in your 40s, even more in your 50s" and so on.
Becci Welborn
highly recommend
Harlequin Books
Tosca Reno shares a letter with us on eHarlequin.com
READ
Gryhndlady
As soon as I started reading this book, I was hooked. Tosca Reno provides a simple plan for you to follow to begin to feel better and get in better shape.
Ashley
Some of the info just didn't apply. This book is really aimed at 30+ age ranges. But still a lot of really good info and some great recipes at the end.
Kristi
This is not my favorite book of Tosca's. It is really just a rehash of her other books but broken down into 30s, 40s, & 50s.
Valerie
Easily skimmed through. Not quite what I was expecting and had a lot of makeup advice which I wasn't looking for.
Brenbren13
I liked it in theory, but to me it seemed more like a book for her to talk about herself and not about fitness.
Stephanie Mccaslin
I don't need to be told what to eat- But I did like the tutorial about strength training.
Emily
A bit repetitive but the best inspiration for getting fit that I've read
Gina
Mar 25, 2013 Gina marked it as to-read
Shelves: health-related
Pgs. flagged: 18, 22, 29, 56-60, 73, 81, 91, 95, 138, 160, 259

Up to pg. 92
Polly
Nothing new here. Nothing that hasn't been covered in her other books. Eh.
Saha
a lot of this is common sense but i liked her style of writing.
Tracy Pence
Great book for eating better and getting in shape after 40
Wendy P
Good, solid advice on how to eat and exercise better.
Debbi
LOVE this book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The New ME Diet: Eat More, Work Out Less, and Actually Lose Weight While You Rest
  • Diet Recovery: Restoring Hormonal Health, Metabolism, Mood, and Your Relationship with Food (Diet Recovery Series Book 1)
  • The Body Fat Solution: Five Principles for Burning Fat, Building Lean Muscles, Ending Emotional Eating,  and Maintaining Your Perfect Weight
  • The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking: 80 Low-Carb Recipes that Offer Solutions for Celiac Disease, Diabetes, and Weight Loss
  • The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess
  • The Lean: A Revolutionary (and Simple!) 30-Day Plan for Healthy, Lasting Weight Loss
  • If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight?: Tools to Get It Done
  • Ride Your Way Lean: The Ultimate Plan for Burning Fat and Getting Fit on a Bike
  • 21 Pounds in 21 Days: The Martha's Vineyard Diet Detox
  • Green Smoothie Revolution: The Radical Leap Towards Natural Health
  • Flight Plan: The Real Secret of Success
  • The Sexy Years: Discover the Hormone Connection: The Secret to Fabulous Sex, Great Health, and Vitality, for Women and Men
  • Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches - Third Edition
  • The Flexitarian Diet: The Mostly Vegetarian Way to Lose Weight, Be Healthier, Prevent Disease, and Add Years to Your Life
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • Thrive Fitness: Mental and Physical Strength for Life
  • 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart: Boost Metabolism, Lower Cholesterol, and Dramatically Improve Your Health
  • Secrets of Lemon Rediscovered: 50 Plus Recipes for Skin Care, Hair Care, Home and Laundry Cleaning along with Lemonade, Vegan, Curd, Cookies, Cakes and Desserts
Former overweight Canadian woman. Now an expert on dieting and an columnist for Oxygen magazine.
More about Tosca Reno...
The Eat-Clean Diet: Fast Fat-Loss that lasts Forever! The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged!: Lasting Fat Loss That's Better Than Ever! The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook: Great-Tasting Recipes that Keep You Lean! Just the Rules!: The Eat-Clean Diet Presents Tosca's Guide to Eating Right The Eat-Clean Diet for Family and Kids: Simple Strategies for Lasting Health & Fitness