Start by marking “Love and Rockets” as Want to Read:
Love and Rockets

Love and Rockets

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  52 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Space...the final frontier. Or is it? Many say there's no frontier more forbidding than a romantic relationship between a man and a woman. But what if one's a human, and the other's an alien? Here is an original collection of space opera stories where authors take love (unrequited or not), on a spaceship, space station, or planetary colony, and add enough drama, confusion ...more
Published December 7th 2010 by DAW (first published October 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love and Rockets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Rockets

Joshua Palmatier
Feb 04, 2011 Joshua Palmatier rated it really liked it
Love & Rockets

I have to admit that I started reading this anthology with some trepidation, since in general I am not drawn to stories involving the usual romance tropes. I like stories with relationships in them, but there are certain elements that romance readers expect from their reading and I just don’t enjoy those aspects as much. However, it turns out that this anthology is not so much a set of stories that mix the sci-fi and romance genres, as it is stories about sci-fi and relationshi
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Aug 28, 2011 Jo (Mixed Book Bag) rated it it was amazing
Love and Rockets[Image] contains short stories by a variety of authors. The book came to my attention when Gini Koch mentioned that a story she had written under another pen name was included in the book. I am not that much of a short story reader but I purchased the book and enjoyed all the stories. I also am developing a real appreciation for short story writers. It takes a lot of work to get the plot, character development and world building in a story with so few words.

When I started readin
Colette
Jan 22, 2011 Colette rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
I admit that I was a little hesitant to read this because the only sci fi romance books I've successfully been able to read are Gini Koch's Kitty Kat Series (Touched by an Alien and Alien Tango) and Wanderlust by Ann Agguire. There are about fifteen short stories in this anthology, and I have to admit they have been the perfect length for someone new to the genre. The only problem I've found with them is that some of them are just too short! With most of them only being 10 pages in length, by th ...more
Carien
Mar 04, 2011 Carien rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi
I must say I'm getting all happy when I spot an anthology by Greenberg as I've read several of those now that had a great selection of short stories. And as this anthology also had a short story by Anita Ensal (one of Gini Koch's pen names) I just had to get this book.

And let me tell you this anthology didn't disappoint me!
It's filled with cool, fun, intriguing, romantic SciFi stories. Even with the theme Love & Rockets, the stories are very diverse. Some were perfect just as they are, other
Jeff
Dec 09, 2015 Jeff rated it liked it
This is a collection of romance-themes science fiction stories. A few of them were quite good, others moderately good. In all, an amusing collection.
Child960801
Apr 24, 2014 Child960801 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels
This is a series of short stories, each a science fiction one about love. I enjoyed it. These collections are a good way to try a bunch of different authors at once. Also, a bunch of different ideas.
Al
Apr 12, 2013 Al rated it really liked it

Space . . . the final frontier . . . or is it? There are many who would say that there is no frontier more forbidding than a romantic relationship between two people. But what if one's a human and the other's an alien?

What if a starship captain is in love with the artificial personality that guides his spaceship? Just how will we solve these matters of the heart in the far-off future?

Susan
Jan 31, 2011 Susan marked it as to-read
Shelves: anthology, paperback
I bet it'll surprise ya'll that this book has a short story by Nina Kiriki Hoffman. :>

also Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch each have a story in it. Goody, more stories
Tamahome
Jul 06, 2011 Tamahome marked it as to-read
All I know is Kristine Kathryn Rusch has a sexy story in it, which she will later turn into a novel under a new pen name.
Donald J. Bingle
Aug 27, 2012 Donald J. Bingle added it  ·  (Review from the author)
My story, "F Isn't for Freefall," is a bit of a change of pace for the book and for me. Let me know what you think.
Meril
Jan 10, 2011 Meril rated it it was ok
Shelves: sff
warning to romance readers: these are not romance-as-genre stories, they are relationship/sexuality stories.
Victoria
Sep 27, 2010 Victoria rated it liked it
Shelves: review-books
For a complete review, see the November issue of RT Book Reviews Magazine.
Cathy
Oct 31, 2011 Cathy added it
didn't finish
Kerri Kamper
Kerri Kamper marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Darlene Reilley
Darlene Reilley marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Erinn Di Staulo
Erinn Di Staulo rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2016
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Violeta Yaneva
Violeta Yaneva marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Laranna Knight
Laranna Knight marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Jennifer Harrison
Jennifer Harrison rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Staci
Staci marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
DB in Richmond
DB in Richmond marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Dove
Dove rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Martin Harry Greenberg was an American academic and speculative fiction anthologist. In all, he compiled 1,298 anthologies and commissioned over 8,200 original short stories. He founded Tekno Books, a packager of more than 2000 published books. In addition, he was a co-founder of the Sci-Fi Channel.
More about Martin H. Greenberg...