Start by marking “Dark & Day” as Want to Read:
Dark & Day
read book* *Different edition

Dark & Day

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Journey to a world torn between Dark & Day! It is earth like you have never seen it; a sphere of mythical creatures, epic adventures and lurking mysteries!

Jonothon Wyer is the scrawniest kid in the Twilight Ring. His only hope to become healthy & whole is to join the army of the Empress of the Dark End. On his last fateful wake at home, Jono makes an unexpected dis...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dark & Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark & Day

Diego Valenzuela
The wild imagination of Clive Barker's "ABARAT" with the deliberate plotting of an early "Harry Potter" novel.

It's always fun to see someone pay homage to the things you love. "Dark & Day" appears to be written as a love song to the SNES-era "Final Fantasy" games, and that whole series in general.

In a land quite literally divided between eternal day and eternal night, we follow Jonothon Wyer, a dark dweller. Jono is a sickly little boy who is admitted into the prestigious Windom Academy, whe...more
Rachel Brune
I decided to grab a copy after seeing a post in a Facebook "Blogging the Books" group. I am recently intentionally reading genres outside my main interest, and YA is one of those genres, so I decided to give it a chance.

The first thing that grabbed my eye was the well-illustrated cover. The fully-realized, visually catching graphics are repeated through the book, and they are wonderful. The author credits each one at the end, as multiple artists worked on it. Kudos to the author and illustrators...more
Israel Grey
Apr 05, 2011 Israel Grey rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
(Review from a fan via Deviant Art)
First of all, this is what everyone should be doing: READING DARK AND DAY.
Period.

Unless you've already read it, then you should be posting on the forums and waiting for the second book!

No seriously, it's a great read, and reading is awesome.
It's a way to help your imagination form unimaginable worlds, guided by someone else.

Check out [link] !

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

So, what's this all about?

[Intro]
Somewhere there's a world full of magic and highly advanced te...more
Cathy
I won this in a GoodReads giveaway some time ago intending to give it to my little nephew. But I'm going to give it a go. Looks like good reading. I apologize for not getting to it before now.
--------------------------------------------------------
This is a great story probably intended for middle-schoolers but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Jono is 11 and has been sickly all his life. The only way he can aspire to good health is to get good grades and be accepted into military academy where his life w...more
Paul
I can remember as a youth, nestled under heavy blankets on a cold winters night just delving into my favorite books. As a young man with no lacking for vivid imagination I often would craft my own costumes of my favorite characters from the stories. Brandishing my cardboard tube that you get out of the center of wrapping paper for a sword and wearing an old blanket I would play with my brothers in the backyard. Each of us would argue over who got to be the good guys and bad guys and usually as t...more
Eliece
I remember reading the Lord of the Rings series under my covers with a flashlight and being so tired for school the next day. I fell in love with that series a few years ago, later I read the Harry Potter series and a few months ago I really got into The Lightning Thief -- that new Percy Jackson series. NOW! I am reading Dark & Day by Israel Gray.. this book is a fantastic combination of some of my favorite stories from movies, books, I see parallels from my favorite characters in Anime and...more
Rupert Pollard
A very good story and a wonderful adventure.

Though the book is aimed at younger readers, I think anyone with an imagination will enjoy the richly diverse settings and colorful characters.
W
I haven't read the book but I know the author. He is a delightful and interesting fellow. I really have no excuse for not reading his work, other than the fact that I can't find a electronic copy for my Nook.

Mr. Grey is about the hardest working, most generous, humble, honest, disciplined man I know. A true Renascence man.

I wish him well with this book and the subsequent books.
S1h4d0w
May 08, 2011 S1h4d0w rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to S1h4d0w by: Deviantart
A must read!

If you're into fantasy, liked the Narnia and/or Harry Potter books, or just like reading, check it out.
It's an awesome story set in a unique universe and will leave you wanting for more!
Tessa
Usually not a fantasy girl but I won this book on goodreads and decided to give it a try and I am really glad I did! Very good book I thoroughly enjoyed this till the very end.
Rod Weymouth
Excellent read for all ages. I can;t wait for the second book.
Kiki
I really enjoyed this book! I thought the characters were engaging and the storyline was fun. I did have a bit of a problem following who was who in the big battle scene, but was able to sort it out during the aftermath. But overall it was a great read and has promise to make an awesome series. I look forward to reading the next one!
Cynthia
I loved the drawings!!! It was so cute, cuddly and lovable. Of course, this is coming from a teen which loves small and little things. The characters were very lovable and the title pretty much draws out my enthusiasm. After winning this I have to say that it brought me back to my childhood with fairy tales and others. It is recommended.
Mike
Perhaps a good book, but the editing is so poor that it prevented me from being able to pay attention to the story. I ultimately became too frustrated with the reading experience and stopped almost half way through.
Lady Belinda

I'm excited to read this book. I haven't received it yet from the giveaway I won, but I look forward to getting it and reading. I hope that it is worth all this waiting around.
Tiffany Anderson
Tiffany Anderson marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Lylias
Lylias marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Kathy Richardson
Kathy Richardson marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 27, 2014
Kimberly Silva
Kimberly Silva marked it as to-read
Cheryll Cosenza
Cheryll Cosenza marked it as to-read
James
James marked it as to-read
Tandi Rios
Tandi Rios marked it as to-read
Kiri Alex
Kiri Alex marked it as to-read
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Darcee Kraus
Darcee Kraus marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
The Friday Indie ...: Friday Indie Review, 6/13/14 1 3 Jun 13, 2014 04:34AM
Society and choice 1 3 Apr 07, 2011 02:20PM
Fantasy reading 2 4 Apr 05, 2011 01:04PM
Dark & Day: The Withering Mark Dark & Day: The Angels' Masquerade Dark & Day 3: The Angels' Masquerade