Start by marking “Reiki for Life: The Complete Guide to Reiki Practice for Levels 1, 2 & 3” as Want to Read:
Reiki for Life: The Complete Guide to Reiki Practice for Levels 1, 2 & 3
Preview

Reiki for Life: The Complete Guide to Reiki Practice for Levels 1, 2 & 3

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The must-have guide to self-healing and treating others with Reiki.

An exciting and comprehensive handbook, Reiki for Life contains everything readers need to know about the healing art of Reiki. This practical guide covers all points: basic routines, details about the power and potential of each level, special techniques for enhancing Reiki practice, and helpful directi
Published April 15th 2010 by Tarcher (first published June 27th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Reiki for Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reiki for Life

Christina
This would probably be a higher rated book for people who've taken at least one reiki class. The second half of the book is pretty useless for anyone who hasn't. Lot's of good info though!
Meredith Kendall
pretty good, might use as text for class
Kosjitov
Penelope Quest goes through the ins and outs of reiki, attunements, philosophy, and setting up your own practice. I intend to buy this book for my permanent shelf when I become attuned.

That being said, I only gave this book 4 stars. If I could give a further half star I would for the quality of the content as well as the direct approach to reiki. There is little fluff in this book which makes for an almost text book like read for those who are serious about the study and eventual practice of ene
Luminea
This was a comprehensive and easy to read overview of Reiki. I learned so much and discovered so many additional methods for working with Reiki that I never heard of before! I am planning to read all of Penelope's books! She is very knowledgeable on the subject. I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in learning about or practicing Reiki.
Garrett Dunnington
This was perhaps a good read to read about the process of being "initiated" as a Reiki professional, but as far as learning how exactly to use / do Reiki without being inititated, it is not so good for that. I am not going to criticize it for such a superficial reason as that, seeing as there was a enough information to digest unbeknown to myself. In fact, it is probably something great to recommend to souls out there who want to be enlightened to this relatively new practice and discipline.
Perfect beginner book for an explanation of Reiki; the book supplies very detailed uses, hand placements, and visualizations. The author tends to give the topic a mysterious/metaphysical view, which is fine, but leaves much unanswered with regard to questions about healing and views from the allopathic medical fields, research, and how to discuss with clients.
Kristi
I liked this book a lot. It was a good read with interesting information about Reiki. I did not know much about Reiki at all but this book was very to the point and informational. I really like how it gave a well rounded overview of Reiki and wasn't filled with extreme stories of awesomeness.
Satia
I really liked this book and would say it is a "must have" for anyone who is a Reiki practitioner. For more:

Jenny

A very good description of what to expect throughout the whole reiki process--from receiving a reiki treatment to becoming a teacher of reiki. Vey informative!!!
Susan
Loved this book! I plan on getting a Reiki attunement as soon as I can afford it! I would love to be able to share this wonderful ability with as many people as possible.
Martine
Provides comprehensive information about Reiki.
Velma
I absolutely found this book a valuable read. I enjoy Penelope's style of writing....warm, informative, concise, and precise. I am happy I read it!
Tara
Well written. Very informative. Good reference book.
S Moallemi
S Moallemi marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Ram
Ram marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Kate Rhodenizer
Kate Rhodenizer marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Gursewak Singh
Gursewak Singh marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Charlotte Moore
Charlotte Moore marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Maan-Ha Osho
Maan-Ha Osho marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Betsy Sutton
Betsy Sutton is currently reading it
Mar 11, 2015
  • Opera 101: A Complete Guide to Learning and Loving Opera
  • Reiki: A Comprehensive Guide
  • Magic and Medicine of Plants
  • Goddesses in Older Women: Archetypes in Women over Fifty
  • The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start: Lose Weight, Get in Shape, and Start Living the Biggest Loser Lifestyle Today!
  • Crystal Bible 2
  • The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui: The Traditional Usui Reiki Ryoho Treatment Positions and Numerous Reiki Techniques for Health and Well-Being
  • Animal Reiki: Using Energy to Heal the Animals in Your Life
  • A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as If It Were Your Last
  • The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy
  • The Minds of Boys: Saving Our Sons from Falling Behind in School and Life
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Rodale's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Herbs
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self
Penelope Quest, MSc, BA, Cert.Ed, is one of the UK's leading Reiki Masters with an international reputation based on 22 years' experience in the practice and teaching of Reiki and other mind/body healing and spiritual development techniques. She is a Master/Teacher Member and former Vice-Chairman and Education Co-ordinator of the UK Reiki Federation, and she was involved with the Reiki Regulatory ...more
More about Penelope Quest...
Reiki for Life: A Complete Guide to Reiki Practice The Reiki Manual: A Training Guide for Reiki Students, Practitioners, and Masters Self-Healing with Reiki: How to Create Wholeness, Harmony & Balance for Body, Mind & Spirit Living the Reiki Way: Reiki Principles for Everyday Living The Basics of Reiki: A Step-by-Step Guide to Healing with Reiki