Start by marking “Memory: Volume 1, Lasting Impressions: A Tale Of Pride And Prejudice” as Want to Read:
Memory: Volume 1, Lasting Impressions: A Tale Of Pride And Prejudice

Memory: Volume 1, Lasting Impressions: A Tale Of Pride And Prejudice

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  258 ratings  ·  16 reviews
In Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, Fitzwilliam Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet meet when their personalities are fully formed. Influenced by their experiences and the people around them, they must endure a year of transformation to find their love. What effect would the sight of their soul mates have upon Darcy and Elizabeth if it occurred at a much earlier and vulnerable mo ...more
Published (first published July 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Memory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memory

Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
TYPE OF AUSTENESQUE NOVEL: Alternate Path, Mature Audience

TIME FRAME: A couple months before the death of Mr. Darcy (senior) – 1807. Several years before the beginning of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

MAIN CHARACTERS: Elizabeth Bennet, Mr. Darcy, Jane Bennet, Charles Bingley, Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner, Lord and Lady Matlock, Colonel Fitzwilliam, Viscount Layton, Mr. Harwick, Mr. Stewart, Georgiana Darcy, Lady Catherine de Bourgh, Anne de Bourgh, Caroline Bingley, George Wickham

SNYOPSIS: Over the
Suzan Lauder
I tried really hard to get into this book when it was posting online as a serial, but after the first 10 chapters, gave up, as it seemed to drag and go nowhere. That's a shame because so many online JAFF readers love Linda Wells' writing, at least those who are able to last through the epic lengths of the stories. I know quite a few like myself who give up. Unfortunately, the author hasn't taken advantage of a good editor to cut out 50% of the material and focus, necessitating three books. There ...more
Halah
KILL IT BEFORE IT BREEDS !

I forgot when i started reading it . It's THAT long ! To say i was disappointed wouldn't cover how i feel right now ! i enjoy reading authors' creativity in P&P variations . But everything goes wrong for me here , the execution ( of a refreshing concept ) was a disaster ; it was boring , sometimes dull , full of unnecessary details and too many secondary charters , sometime i felt that some parts of conversations ( and some behaviors too ) were a little modern .

Leslie
Do you like your P&P variations with lots of drama and angst?? Then you will love this series. This is based upon the premise that Darcy & Lizzy and fated to be together. They encounter one another on the day Darcy returns from his grand tour and learns that his father is dying. He flees to Hyde Park where he sees and hears a 15 year old Lizzy Bennet, but they don't speak.

The next year he sees her at a race and a gallery but both times she is swept away in the crowd. When they finally d
Lynette

Linda Wells along with Abigail Reynolds have become one of my favorite Pride and Prejudice fanfic authors. Mostly because she usually has Darcy and Elizabeth getting there groove on, and I also love how I can totally buy into how she makes it so believable that Darcy and Elizabeth are fated and no one else can do for the other.
In MEMORY, VOLUME 1, Darcy first spies the fifteen-year old Elizabeth in Hyde Park when Elizabeth and Jane are in town visiting the Gardiners. Darcy has just returned from
Ceri
This is the first in a trilogy that explores another way for Darcy and Elizabeth to meet; they first spot each other in a park in London when she is just 15 and he is 22. He is at a bad time in his life, having just found out that his father is dying and he is struggling with the thought of all he is going to have to take on, the estate, guardianship of Georgiana etc. Elizabeth is at a susceptible point too, having been told constantly by her mother that she is nothing to Jane, ugly and so on. S ...more
Susan
I thought the premise of this Austenesque
novel was interesting - a sighting of Elizabeth
by Darcy (and vice versa) when she was only a young teen. There are 2 more volumes in this
imagining which I will look into...
Brittany
I think it's official. I am not going to finish this book.

I like some of Linda Wells' books, but not all. This one not only dragged on, which normally I don't complain about, but it really became a chore to finish. I don't think any variation should be like that.

I just didn't like the story in general either.

I will not be reading this one again :(
Sophia-Elizabeth
Fantastic book! Romantic, sweet, passionate and as always wonderful Darcy albeit a young one! And even younger Elizabeth who is as always lovely! The book follows their first encounter by glances and follows them until shortly after their wedding. Problems arise with suitors and bitching aunts and impossible families! Follow Darcy as he learns his responsibilities at Pemberley and as Elizabeth grows into the woman Darcy loves with a passion! A complete work of a master!
T.
Yes-so far, my most favorite Pride and Prejudice variation. It's with great difficulty to describe exactly what I enjoy about this book (and volumes 2&3) without sounding completely sentimental, so I'm not even going to try. Let's just say it was nice to read about a fated couple completely committed to one another over the course of their lives.
Dianna Anderson
i was torn equally between loving and hating this book. mrs bennet was mean. jane was petty and spiteful. lady catherine was criminally neglegent. anne was completely insane. other than that i liked it a lot. I wanted to give this book both five stars and one star at the same time so I went with three.
Nicole
Thoroughly entertaining! I cannot fathom what the next volume will contain, since so much occurred in this one. Luckily, I bought all three at the same time so I do not have to wait. On to the next… I know I will love it!
Naz
Nov 07, 2014 Naz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
A little belabored, and the language sometimes veers from Regency, but overall, it's a good read. A lot of unexpected changes to the source story.
Anasheh Satoorian
Was a little disappointed with the dynamic of Jane and Elizabeth but other was really enjoyed this read
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Sharon
Sharon added it
Dec 14, 2014
Caro Santucho
Caro Santucho marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Leslie
Leslie is currently reading it
Dec 09, 2014
Witide
Witide marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Debbie Lester
Debbie Lester marked it as to-read
Jessica Smith
Jessica Smith marked it as to-read
Nicole
Nicole added it
Dec 04, 2014
Jane Austen Sequels: Memory - Volume 1 - Lasting Impressions by Linda Wells 4 25 Sep 29, 2010 02:52PM
  • Remembrance Of The Past
  • The Journey
  • Bluebells in the Mourning
  • Mr. Darcy's Refuge: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • He Taught Me to Hope (Darcy and the Young Knight's Quest #1)
  • Affinity and Affection
  • A Noteworthy Courtship
  • Fitzwilliam Darcy An Honourable Man
  • Drive and Determination
  • My Bff
  • One Thread Pulled: The Dance with Mr. Darcy
  • Darcy's Decision (Given Good Principles)
Fate And Consequences: A Tale Of Pride And Prejudice Chance Encounters Memory: Volume 2, Trials To Bear: A Tale Of Pride And Prejudice Memory: Volume 3, How Far We Have Come: A Tale Of Pride And Prejudice Imperative: A Tale of Pride and Prejudice, Volume 1

“Of course the bride outshined them all."
"Naturally." Fitzwilliam nodded.
"She does." Layton admitted. "She is glowing Darcy, much as you are."
"Men do not glow." He said defensively. "We..."
"Smoulder." Fitzwilliam suggested.
The collective gaze turned to him. "I had a long recovery gentlemen, I read many novels." He saw the rolling eyes. "Ah but I know what the ladies expect now, do you?”
2 likes