Start by marking “Complete Abandon” as Want to Read:
Complete Abandon

Complete Abandon

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  305 ratings  ·  14 reviews
No bargain as enticing as...

When Emma Fitzgerald storms the manor home of the new Viscount Wakefield, she feels more than justified fury. Having just inadvertently witnessed his lordship in scandalous dishabille with his London mistress, her blood pounds with outrage...and with a thrill she has never felt. She has come to demand better treatment for his tenants, to seek so...more
Published September 15th 2003 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Complete Abandon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complete Abandon

Romance Rating 4 Stars
Heat Level 4 Stars
Favorite Character - Emma
Overall Rating 5 Stars

I read all of Cheryl Holts older book's years ago and remembered that I loved most of them. Rereading this book completely reminded me why I did love them so much.

I loved both the H&h in this book, Emma being my favorite character. She was so feisty and smart and she put others needs way above her own. The Hero John started out as a total rogue. He spent his days...more
Kelly
Another Cheryl Holt winner for me. I so hope Ian and Caro have a book I am so intrigued to see the two go head to head.

Cristina Contilli
Passione e differenze sociali...

"Emma si chiese se il mondo di ricchezza e di lusso in cui viveva il visconte non fosse in realtà miserevole quanto il suo. Forse anche lui non aveva nessuno che gli dimostrasse vera empatia, che lo capisse davvero, che lo abbracciasse con tenerezza."

Avevo già letto qualcosa della Holt in inglese e, nonostante la difficoltà di leggere e tradurre contemporaneamente, i suoi libri mi erano piaciuti... certo resta il fatto che solo in un rosa un nobile libertino con...more
Ana
I really love this book. It's the quintessential fairy tale: the plain spinster is saved by the dashing prince. Although that does not happen until the end, the ups and downs of the relationship of Viscount Wakefield and Emma Fitzgerald is fraught w/ laughter, tears and at times insurmountable class separation. But persevere because it is such a wonderful book you'll ask for nothing else.
Gloria75
La storia non è male, lei povera si innamora di lui che sta nei gradini più alti della società...prima lo travolge e cerca di redimerlo dai suoi vizi peggiori (alcool e donne) ma nel farlo si innamora e poi lui la coinvolge in una relazione che sanno entrambi non potrà avere nessun futuro...
invece, tra un colpo di scena e l'altro l'amore vince su tutto, e la passione è la vera protagonista, anche se da un romanzo erotico mi aspettavo più scene infuocate... cmq non male nel complesso, forse una p...more
Vivianne
Really cute! The main characters are a little outside the patterns at last!! She, at the beginning of history, it is almost embarrassing and I tore easily even to laugh! Too funny! I also liked the evolution of the story that although at some point tracings stories already read the author calls for a truly original way to propose them. Really picevole and satisfying!
Anna
It's a good story but not one of Holt's best. The hero could be described as tortured or spoiled depending on how you see him. There are incidents of child abuse described in this which some readers may find objectionable, but they add some gravity to the book. Not a bad read.
Danette Steward
Just a bunch of sex along with a common plot of an aristocrat ending up with a commoner....(gasp). Entertaining enough and certainly steamy enough. If you're a Cheryl Holt fan you'll be happy, content, and satisfied.
Pamela(AllHoney)
While I don't hate Cheryl Holt's work, I am becoming a bit bored with the repetition of the stories. It feels like I've read this same storyline in several of her books.
Billie Jo
While this is not my all time favorite, trust me, you cannot go wrong with any book from Cheryl Holt!
Choko
Choko marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Normal
Normal added it
Oct 19, 2014
Tricia
Tricia marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Nico Tataru
Nico Tataru marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Lori Helwing
Lori Helwing marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Weanzy
Weanzy marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Marsha Stapleton
Marsha Stapleton marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Sinfonia
Sinfonia marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Susan Shay
Susan Shay marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
  • A Fiery Baptism (Mills & Boon Romance, #3499)
  • At Her Service (Darley, #3)
  • Must Have Been the Moonlight (Donally Family, #2)
  • Angel in a Red Dress
  • The Markonos Bride
  • Purchased for Revenge
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
  • The Brunelli Baby Bargain
  • Tempt the Devil
  • Her Ladyship's Companion
  • Winter Garden (Winter Garden #2)
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • Champagne Girl
  • Seducing Mr. Right
  • Imagine
Love Lessons Total Surrender Too Wicked to Wed Deeper than Desire Further Than Passion