Complete Abandon

Complete Abandon

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  276 ratings  ·  14 reviews
No bargain as enticing as...

When Emma Fitzgerald storms the manor home of the new Viscount Wakefield, she feels more than justified fury. Having just inadvertently witnessed his lordship in scandalous dishabille with his London mistress, her blood pounds with outrage...and with a thrill she has never felt. She has come to demand better treatment for his tenants, to seek so...more
Published September 15th 2003 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

Kathleen
May 09, 2012 Kathleen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Kris
Story Rating 5 Stars
Character Rating 5 Stars
Romance Rating 4 Stars
Heat Level 4 Stars
Favorite Character - Emma
Overall Rating 5 Stars

I read all of Cheryl Holts older book's years ago and remembered that I loved most of them. Rereading this book completely reminded me why I did love them so much.

I loved both the H&h in this book, Emma being my favorite character. She was so feisty and smart and she put others needs way above her own. The Hero John started out as a total rogue. He spent his days...more
Kelly
Another Cheryl Holt winner for me. I so hope Ian and Caro have a book I am so intrigued to see the two go head to head.

Cristina Contilli
Passione e differenze sociali...

"Emma si chiese se il mondo di ricchezza e di lusso in cui viveva il visconte non fosse in realtà miserevole quanto il suo. Forse anche lui non aveva nessuno che gli dimostrasse vera empatia, che lo capisse davvero, che lo abbracciasse con tenerezza."

Avevo già letto qualcosa della Holt in inglese e, nonostante la difficoltà di leggere e tradurre contemporaneamente, i suoi libri mi erano piaciuti... certo resta il fatto che solo in un rosa un nobile libertino con...more
Ana
I really love this book. It's the quintessential fairy tale: the plain spinster is saved by the dashing prince. Although that does not happen until the end, the ups and downs of the relationship of Viscount Wakefield and Emma Fitzgerald is fraught w/ laughter, tears and at times insurmountable class separation. But persevere because it is such a wonderful book you'll ask for nothing else.
Gloria75
La storia non è male, lei povera si innamora di lui che sta nei gradini più alti della società...prima lo travolge e cerca di redimerlo dai suoi vizi peggiori (alcool e donne) ma nel farlo si innamora e poi lui la coinvolge in una relazione che sanno entrambi non potrà avere nessun futuro...
invece, tra un colpo di scena e l'altro l'amore vince su tutto, e la passione è la vera protagonista, anche se da un romanzo erotico mi aspettavo più scene infuocate... cmq non male nel complesso, forse una p...more
Kat
Great read
Vivianne
Really cute! The main characters are a little outside the patterns at last!! She, at the beginning of history, it is almost embarrassing and I tore easily even to laugh! Too funny! I also liked the evolution of the story that although at some point tracings stories already read the author calls for a truly original way to propose them. Really picevole and satisfying!
Anna
It's a good story but not one of Holt's best. The hero could be described as tortured or spoiled depending on how you see him. There are incidents of child abuse described in this which some readers may find objectionable, but they add some gravity to the book. Not a bad read.
Danette Steward
Just a bunch of sex along with a common plot of an aristocrat ending up with a commoner....(gasp). Entertaining enough and certainly steamy enough. If you're a Cheryl Holt fan you'll be happy, content, and satisfied.
Pamela(AllHoney)
While I don't hate Cheryl Holt's work, I am becoming a bit bored with the repetition of the stories. It feels like I've read this same storyline in several of her books.
Billie Jo
While this is not my all time favorite, trust me, you cannot go wrong with any book from Cheryl Holt!
Puna
Puna added it
Apr 17, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Natalie Ryabenko
Natalie Ryabenko marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara added it
Debbie Mansell
Debbie Mansell marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Rosette Reid
Rosette Reid marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Brianne Lombardi
Brianne Lombardi marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
  • Angel In a Red Dress
  • Must Have Been the Moonlight (Donally Family, #2)
  • Gorgeous As Sin (Bruton Street Bookstore, #1)
  • Her Ladyship's Companion
  • The Lover
  • Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady
  • When Dashing Met Danger (Spies, #1)
  • Tempt the Devil
  • Dark Prince (Dark Gothic, #3)
  • Carnal Deceptions
  • The Mistress Diaries (Pembroke Palace, #2)
  • Once a Rake
  • Every Night I'm Yours (The Spinster Club, #1)
  • Red Roses Mean Love
  • When Angels Fall
  • So Wild A Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #1)
Love Lessons Total Surrender Too Wicked to Wed Deeper than Desire Further Than Passion