Start by marking “Complete Abandon” as Want to Read:
Complete Abandon

Complete Abandon

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  378 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
No bargain as enticing as...

When Emma Fitzgerald storms the manor home of the new Viscount Wakefield, she feels more than justified fury. Having just inadvertently witnessed his lordship in scandalous dishabille with his London mistress, her blood pounds with outrage...and with a thrill she has never felt. She has come to demand better treatment for his tenants, to seek so
Published September 15th 2003 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Complete Abandon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complete Abandon

Romance Rating 4 Stars
Heat Level 4 Stars
Favorite Character - Emma
Overall Rating 5 Stars

I read all of Cheryl Holts older book's years ago and remembered that I loved most of them. Rereading this book completely reminded me why I did love them so much.

I loved both the H&h in this book, Emma being my favorite character. She was so feisty and smart and she put others needs way above her own. The Hero John started out as a total rogue. He spent his days
Geo Marcovici
Oct 25, 2015 Geo Marcovici rated it it was amazing
Când am auzit ca apare o noua carte a acestei autoare, am zis imediat ca o cumpar. Citisem cu ani in urma Lectii de amor , care imi placuse foarte mult si eram sigura ca si aceasta va fi pe masura.
La rugamintea unei prietene, am luat cartea la citit cu prioritate, si nu-mi pare rau!!!
O fiica a unui pastor, Emma este o fire voluntară, care este capabilă sa se sacrifice pe ea pentru cei pe care-i iubeste. Acum , ganditi- va la John: viconte, un libertin destrabalat , obișnuit ca femeile sa-i ca
Nikki
I'm torn on what to say about this book. The parts of the story that pertained to John and Emma and their budding friendship turned romance were amazing. I loved every bit, even when I wanted to smack John for being a stupid man. ;) I'm fairly new to historical romance, so my feminist side still has a hard time getting past the way men were so high handed and hypocritical in that era. (not that they aren't today ;)) I can't stand when they say things like what they do in their private lives is n ...more
Lindsay
It's been so long since I've read a Cheryl Holt book. I hadn't forgotten how much I love her work, but I'd forgotten how addicting her books are. One is never enough.

I love Emma. She's spunky and awesome. She went after what she wanted and wouldn't take no for an answer.

And I liked Wakefield. Lol. He was a character. And he was completely enamored by Emma. He didn't know what hit him. She made him a better man.

This is one of my favorite Cheryl Holt books. Although, seeing as I'm more than a l
Ana Ionite
Oct 24, 2015 Ana Ionite rated it it was amazing

"Complete adandon" by Cheryl Holt is extraordinary, I completly surrender myself! This is a novel so nice to have it all: engaging characters and unpredictable, unforeseen fates spectacular inverted (soul malicious and depraved becomes honest and faithful, and the heart Puritan's unleashed passion dam break and delight us with delicious erotic pages).
It fit and original title: "complete abandon" because Emma gives plenty : the kindness of her soul, her innocence, her body, her principles ( she i
Greentea
Jan 15, 2015 Greentea rated it liked it
My blog Papernovel

I was totally enamored by this book mainly because it's been weeks since I've read a good one. It's a typical cookie-cutter story of lady falls in love with a wealthy lord. Both are fighting attraction to further prevent hurting each other but ended up together. Bedding a woman in exchange for cancelling land evictions was a typical old story plot. I am satisfied with the story not just because of the smexy scenes *wink wink. I liked it because as an individual, Emma was a lik
Ana
I really love this book. It's the quintessential fairy tale: the plain spinster is saved by the dashing prince. Although that does not happen until the end, the ups and downs of the relationship of Viscount Wakefield and Emma Fitzgerald is fraught w/ laughter, tears and at times insurmountable class separation. But persevere because it is such a wonderful book you'll ask for nothing else.
Kelly
Jan 23, 2011 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, read-2011
Another Cheryl Holt winner for me. I so hope Ian and Caro have a book I am so intrigued to see the two go head to head.

Cristina Contilli
Passione e differenze sociali...

"Emma si chiese se il mondo di ricchezza e di lusso in cui viveva il visconte non fosse in realtà miserevole quanto il suo. Forse anche lui non aveva nessuno che gli dimostrasse vera empatia, che lo capisse davvero, che lo abbracciasse con tenerezza."

Avevo già letto qualcosa della Holt in inglese e, nonostante la difficoltà di leggere e tradurre contemporaneamente, i suoi libri mi erano piaciuti... certo resta il fatto che solo in un rosa un nobile libertino con
Deb Diem
Aug 31, 2015 Deb Diem rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Complete Abandon by Cheryl Holt. I loved the humor in Emma and John's fantastic story. Complete Abandon is well written and has lovable characters, drama, a bit of action and plenty of sizzle. I look forward to my next read by Cheryl Holt. Complete Abandon is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Gloria75
Nov 21, 2011 Gloria75 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La storia non è male, lei povera si innamora di lui che sta nei gradini più alti della società...prima lo travolge e cerca di redimerlo dai suoi vizi peggiori (alcool e donne) ma nel farlo si innamora e poi lui la coinvolge in una relazione che sanno entrambi non potrà avere nessun futuro...
invece, tra un colpo di scena e l'altro l'amore vince su tutto, e la passione è la vera protagonista, anche se da un romanzo erotico mi aspettavo più scene infuocate... cmq non male nel complesso, forse una p
Laura Calderone
Jan 31, 2016 Laura Calderone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
È stata una bella scoperta questa autrice.
KittyKat
Mar 22, 2014 KittyKat rated it it was amazing
Great read
Vivianne
Feb 15, 2011 Vivianne rated it really liked it
Really cute! The main characters are a little outside the patterns at last!! She, at the beginning of history, it is almost embarrassing and I tore easily even to laugh! Too funny! I also liked the evolution of the story that although at some point tracings stories already read the author calls for a truly original way to propose them. Really picevole and satisfying!
Anna
Mar 19, 2011 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: historic-romance
It's a good story but not one of Holt's best. The hero could be described as tortured or spoiled depending on how you see him. There are incidents of child abuse described in this which some readers may find objectionable, but they add some gravity to the book. Not a bad read.
Danette Steward
Jul 31, 2010 Danette Steward rated it really liked it
Shelves: holt-cheryl
Just a bunch of sex along with a common plot of an aristocrat ending up with a commoner....(gasp). Entertaining enough and certainly steamy enough. If you're a Cheryl Holt fan you'll be happy, content, and satisfied.
Pamela(AllHoney)
While I don't hate Cheryl Holt's work, I am becoming a bit bored with the repetition of the stories. It feels like I've read this same storyline in several of her books.
Billie Jo
Jan 09, 2011 Billie Jo rated it really liked it
While this is not my all time favorite, trust me, you cannot go wrong with any book from Cheryl Holt!
Janice Hamlet
Apr 18, 2013 Janice Hamlet rated it it was amazing
Excellent book
Mitzi
May 10, 2008 Mitzi rated it it was amazing
Great
Nola Johnsen
Nola Johnsen rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
victoria atchinson
victoria atchinson rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Tonyaprice
Tonyaprice rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2016
Sondra Boykin
Sondra Boykin rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Infogirl
Infogirl marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Meghan
Meghan added it
Jan 15, 2016
June Price
June Price rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
  • Kept by Her Greek Boss
  • Purchased for Revenge
  • Angel in a Red Dress
  • Mistress to Her Husband
  • A Fiery Baptism (Mills & Boon Romance, #3499)
  • Gorgeous As Sin (Bruton Street Bookstore, #1)
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • The Pleasure Seekers
  • Intimate Betrayal
  • Must Have Been the Moonlight (Donally Family, #2)
  • Notorious
  • The Sweet Surrender of Janet Buchanan (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #2.5)
  • The Dark Side of Desire
  • Promise of the Rose
  • Tender Fury
  • Tempt the Devil
  • The Italian Boss's Mistress Of Revenge
CHERYL HOLT is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-seven novels. She is hailed as the undisputed "Queen" of erotic romance, as well as the international "Queen of Villains". She has numerous national writing awards to her credit and is particularly proud to have been named "Best Storyteller of the Year" by Romantic Times BOOKreviews Magazine. The magazine also selected her ...more
More about Cheryl Holt...