Start by marking “Single White Psychopath Seeks Same (Andrew Mayhem #2)” as Want to Read:
Single White Psychopath Seeks Same (Andrew Mayhem #2)

Single White Psychopath Seeks Same (Andrew Mayhem #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  213 ratings  ·  35 reviews
"Sometimes you wake up in the morning and you just know it's going to be the kind of day where you end up tied to a chair in a filthy garage while a pair of tooth-deprived lunatics torment you with a chainsaw. So as I struggled against the ropes, I can't say I was all that surprised."

Yes, Andrew Mayhem, hero of the bestselling comedy/thriller Graverobbers Wanted (No Exp

Published (first published August 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Single White Psychopath Seeks Same, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single White Psychopath Seeks Same

Stephen
After enjoying Graverobbers Wanted, this sequel was a bit of a steaming turd. Not Baby Rage bad, but certainly worthy of a scowl from Pissy the Penguin.
Photobucket

I’m a fan of Horromedies (the movie Zombieland being a recent favorite), and I really liked the first Andrew Mayhem mystery, which admirably married light-hearted humor with extreme, gore-splattered horror. It's a tough thing to get right, but Graverobbers Wanted succeeded very well.

This story started off very well and I was really enjoying my r
Kaisersoze
This books feels a lot like Die Hard 2 insofar as I kept thinking to myself: How does the same (type of) thing happen to the same guy twice?

Single White Psychopath Seeks Same is a fairly silly book that you have to make the decision to just go along with early in the piece, because it's not meant to be taken seriously and any attempt to do so will only frustrate. But if you're the kind of reader who can get behind an everyday, "normal" individual with a strong wit getting himself and his best f
Chris
The Andrew Mayhem books deserve to be read out loud. I want to pull family members aside and read sections to them if only I wouldn't have to tolerate the "I am greatly disturbed that you find this so amusing" stares. To each his own, I guess.

The sequel to "Graverobbers Needed, No Experience Necessary", this picks up right where the first one left off and continues the fun. In fact, I liked this one even better for the rather elaborate plot that struck me as a sort of homage to James Bond movie
I'm unsure how this book isnt well known..... An amazingly captivating story line with hilarious characters.

This book isnt for the faint hearted since it is about a bunch of killers having a lovely little sadistic club....

I love the sarcastic humour!!!!
Cindy
This second installment in the Andrew Mayhem series is just as good as the first although I do find it more dark and disturbing. Andrew becomes involved, in a somewhat convoluted way, with a group of serial killers. He is forced into posing as The Headhunter while at Looney Central, somewhere on the outskirts of Fairbanks, Alaska. It's a serial killer paradise - there's enough bizarre and demented gadgets to keep all of them amused - not to mention our hero in the midst of some rather tough dile ...more
Adam Wilson
Single White Psychopath Seeks Same is the second brilliant and hilarious Andrew Mayhem novel by Jeff Strand. A tiny bit of the charm of the first book wore off for me a bit in this one so I am only giving it four stars, but the puzzling blend of humor and horror is done just as well as the first in my opinion. If I had read this one first, I would have given it five stars. This book was, for me at least, quite a bit more serious than the first. There are so many situations in this book that are ...more
Brenda Seaberg
I'm thoroughly enjoying this series. Such fun, along with such gore - it's like the perfect storm for me!! The wit is well-written and absolutely laugh-out-loud hilarious, while the gore is in enough detail to sometimes make me wince. I love the characters, and I'm so glad it's a series so I can continue to follow them for a while!! Off to start "Casket for Sale (Only Used Once)"!!
Shadow Girl
I haven't reviewed Graverobbers Wanted: No Experience Necessary, or SWP/SS, yet - because I haven't taken time to stop between books!
Andrew Mayhem is great, and I'm sad that there are only four to read :'( (plus the SS in Suckers).
I'll review these soon, plus Casket For Sale: Only Used Once (starting it tomorrow), and Lost Homicidal Maniac: (Answers to "Shirley"), (going to get it ASAP!)

Lee
Another zany adventure for Andrew Mayhem. I'm beginning to think only Jeff Strand can do a Gory & Giggles story, and make it work. Very fun read.
Nico Wallmann
Dieses Buch habe ich vor einigen Monaten in einer Wühlkiste als Mängeexemplar gefunden und dachte mir, warum eigentlich nicht, der Titel und der Inhalt klangen schon einmal Interessant.
Auch wenn es ein dünnes Buch ist, habe ich dennoch 4 Monate für das Buch gebraucht und das hat auch seine Gründe: Man begegnet Andrew Mayhem gleich zu Anfang in einer brenzlichen Situation, als er von zwei Männern in einer Garage mit einer Kettensäge bedroht wird. Fängt ja gut und spannend an, dachte ich und so b
James
I can't count how many times Andrew Mayhem had a gun pointed at him in this book yet he still got out of it. Talk about lucky. This is the luckiest mama jama around. I was glad to see that Mayhem finally grows some balls three quarters through this book and starts kicking people's asses. However, something about these books still seems "lite" to me. What I mean is even though people are getting be-headed and fatally wounded with darts, nothing seems dangerous or shocking enough. And Roger is sti ...more
LisaDianne
Just read this in one sitting and loved it. Action, suspense and plenty of snark...my kind of guy. I think I held my breath the entire time (which is really hard to do when you're also laughing). Anyway, this is the second of the series so I've got to go back to book one. I've also got to glom onto all the other books by this author. So...I've got that going for me.
Zara KillingRomance1112
Leseeindruck

Dieses ganze Buch kommt mir sehr sureal vor. Es war eine Aneinanderreihung unglaublicher Unglücksfälle und unglaublicher Dummheit. Mir fehlte bei allen Charaktären die Tiefe ... und die "Psychopaten", die Mödern kamen mir nicht wie solche vor. Mir fehlter der Hintergrund - morden aus Spaß okay - aber was macht daran denn Spaß? Es gibt überhaupt keine Preferenzen das jener oder dieserer Charakter etwas lieber oder weniger lieb mag.

Drei Gründe warum du dies troßdem lesen solltest:

- di
Martin
Took a bit longer to get into than the last one, but once it got going was a great read. Really enjoying this series
Adrian Bowman
If Jeff Strand ever turned to evil then I would be seriously worried. Warped, twisted and hilarious; this is a brilliant book from start to finish!
Erin
This is laugh out loud funny. I spent a couple of hours hysterically laughing at the dialogue. Ok, this novel reads like one of the SAW movies. The SAW movies were not funny. Horror and humor rarely go together, but in this case it does. The main character, Andrew Mayhem, is really funny. The situations he gets himself in are not funny. I mostly skipped over the really graphic violent and torture scenes (those were not funny). This novel is not for everyone.
Nancy
Book #2 in the Andrew Mayhem series finds Andrew and his trusty friend Roger in the midst of a murderous mob of friends in the Alaskan wilderness. This book picks up a few months after the end of the first Andrew Mayhem book, "Graverobbers Wanted." You don't *have* to read the first book for things to make sense, but it does help, as certain jokes are made referencing the earlier work. I really enjoyed this funny murder mystery book and am enjoying the series!
Nancy
Matthew Young
Another good read from Jeff Strand. The thing about this book is that Strand is able to keep ratcheting up the suspense, even when it would seem ridiculous to do so. It is something I wish I could do effectively with my writing, but Strand is a great storyteller and is able to do this pretty well. The nonstop funniness doesn't hurt either.
David
I know what strand is going for here, and I appreciate it. Strand can write some really compelling stuff, but the adventures of Andrew Mayhem are perhaps more goofy than funny.
Nicole
The first was good, this one was better. Sick, twisted demented and very funny.
The author may just be redeeming the genre for me. Puts me in mind of a Scream movie written by Christopher Moore. I otherwise see no point to Horror. Unless we are talking Silence of the Lambs or something more crime based.
Brian Mcclain
For a cult and B horror comedy fan this book was right up my alley. It did a great job of alternating between the humorous, the absurd, and the legitimately thrilling. The fact that Andrew is such a smart ass simply adds to that fact. Recommended for sure.
Ubiquitousbastard
It made me laugh several times, so that's something. I wasn't all that in love with most of the characters, but I guess since several of them were serial killers, that's not unusual. Anyway, since it was pretty funny, I'll probably go back and read the first book.
Robert Williamson
Another great book. Not a funny as the first, but a gret read nontheless.

A nail bitter all the way. The ending left a little to be desired, but you will see what I mean. It left me wanting just a little more.

Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Janene
Book number 2 in the series. Funnier, darker, more twisted & horrifying. Harder to put down. Tired today.

If you enjoy this type of read, give J.A Konrath's 'Jack Daniels' series a try.

Brenda
Single White Psychopath Seeks Same is the second book in the Andrew Mayhem series. I can't find the US version of the book on here, but I like this series. It's funny and interesting.
Liz Leib
Jeff Strand's books are all hilarious quick reads. Although all his characters are psychopaths and reading it will make you feel like a psychopath too.
Tanya
Trapped in a house full of serial killers? What could be more fun! I love his characters and the torture devices are imaginative. Fast, fun read
William
Pretty funny. Campy horror involving Andrew Mayhem. There are plenty of slice and dice moments for Andrew but he always comes through with a joke.
  • Dead Drunk: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. One Beer at a Time
  • Midnight Rain
  • Jake's Wake
  • Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery
  • The God of the Razor
  • The Touch (Adversary Cycle, #3)
  • Lake Country: A Novel
  • The PMS Outlaws (Elizabeth MacPherson, #9)
207708
Author of a bunch of demented books, including PRESSURE, DWELLER, A BAD DAY FOR VOODOO, WOLF HUNT, SINGLE WHITE PSYCHOPATH SEEKS SAME, BENJAMIN'S PARASITE, FANGBOY, THE SINISTER MR. CORPSE, and lots of others. Three-time Bram Stoker Award finalist. Three-time Bram Stoker Award loser. Four-time Bram Stoker Award Master of Ceremonies.
More about Jeff Strand...

Andrew Mayhem (4 books)
  • Graverobbers Wanted: No Experience Necessary (Andrew Mayhem #1)
  • Casket For Sale: Only Used Once
  • Lost Homicidal Maniac: (Answers to "Shirley") (Andrew Mayhem #4)
Dweller Pressure Wolf Hunt Specimen 313 Graverobbers Wanted: No Experience Necessary (Andrew Mayhem #1)