The Discovery (Ghost Huntress, #5)

The Discovery (Ghost Huntress #5)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  411 ratings  ·  28 reviews
After some time off, Kendall's ready to begin ghost hunting again. But her life is still in flux. She misses Patrick, her new love. She needs to find a photographer to replace Taylor. Plus, she may have discovered who her real father is, but to be sure, she has to convince his family she's not a fake. And then there's a certain doll that seems to be out to get her and her...more
Published May 2nd 2011 by Graphia

To ask other readers questions about The Discovery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Discovery

The Awakening by Kelley ArmstrongThe Summoning by Kelley ArmstrongThe Reckoning by Kelley ArmstrongShadowland by Meg CabotTwilight by Meg Cabot
Young Adult Ghost Stories
50th out of 146 books — 183 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothDelirium by Lauren OliverCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
My Must-reads
130th out of 191 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Brob
This book was full of paranormal events. The Ghost Huntress team winds up investigating some pretty creepy stuff. There will not be a boring narration in this book. Personally I have always had a closet fear of chucky and the doll in this book has a similar creep factor to my childhood fear. Dolls are just creepy in general to me though.

Kendall and Patrick continue to make a cute couple. Although, I am waiting for the shoe to fall with them. Reading each other's thoughts and feelings will not a...more
Nicole
The history, ficional or otherwise, Marley Gibson jammed into this book has blown my mind - and has even gone as far as scaring hell and four dollars out of me at one point or another.

Ghost Huntress: The Discovery is a roller coaster in all aspects, may it be with Kendall's ghost hunting, love life or family affairs. And Marley Gibson changed up the case this time around for Kendall and her gang from the usual spirit to a much more unexpected and unusual, though all-around creepy, menace.

But af...more
theghostwriter
well i've officially become bored with the ghost huntress series. i'm not really sure why but i just can't bond with the main character kendall and find all the supporting characters kind of weak. the book even got a bit god-heavy with an entire chapter dedicated to an episcopalian (i think) mass kendall attends and she further annoys us all by carrying on about her newfound faith in her psychic abilities that she received from "her Creator" the lord jesus christ yadda yadda amen and no-thank-yo...more
Maria
OMG! i love this book ive read all of them already and i couldnt put any of them down....once a new one came out when i started the series i jumped to the store and got it....i totally recommend this book to people that like paranormal stories and friendship and love stories because these books do have some romance in them... =] i totally hope a 6th book comes out because i will definitley get it! :)
RP
I cannot wait for the next book! The ending has the reader wanting more, I need the next book!
Sara
OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG.
Can't wait for the next one O_O
Mary (BookHounds)
This latest installment of the Ghost Huntress brought new heights of creepy to this fun and fabulous read. Kendall has just returned from a seminar by a world famous television ghost hunter and is armed with a few new methods. Her ex and his twin have left the area leaving an opening for a photographer and a boyfriend. She meets Patrick at the retreat and quickly falls in love with him. It also doesn't hurt that they can communicate telepathically. She is also searching for her birth father and...more
Doris
This was an interesting book, bringing Kendall and her friends back together in the South, and dragging her boyfriend into Georgia as well. I liked the way that the author used the story to tie into the Underground Railroad, a historical pathway to freedom that is both mythical and real.

One of the things I don’t like about the story is that the characters, while realistic, do not reflect the historical background of the community. There were black slaves, Indians (or as the word warriors would h...more
Jhoana Marie Navarro
I like the series, but i don't know about this case.

I'm kinda hooked at first because it reminds me of ghost hunt series House of Doll, and as the case was progressing it really gets good but sadly when they are on the actual scene/place where it all started well it sort of kinda let down unlike the first cases that really gets intense when they face the entity but nonetheless i still love the series.
Joti
Bri
Amazing, can't wait for the next one
Natalie
Book 5. There was a little less brand-name dropping this time around but the overall story-lines aren't doing anything for me anymore. The ghost hunting stuff is good but the teen story in the background has become too annoying. This is an OK YA series, but there're way too many cuss words to make it appropriate for J! It's a teen version of the Ghost Whisperer TV show, which I got tired of just before the final season, and I'm not coming back for another season of Ghost Huntress either.
Nicole
This book was amazing one of the best in this series! Kendall is back to ghost hunting and with Patrick by her side she is more confident then ever! The ghost story this time has to do with slaves, the underground railroad and of course a haunted doll. what more could you ask for and then there's the surprise you get at the end! Marley Gibson did not disappoint!
Carla Cirelos
I Loved so much!
Im so excited for book 6.
I Bought the whole set Book 1-5
I never missed a single detail!
Kendall has this amazing abilities, i kinda wished i had one. haha. She's Smart, Beautiful and such a caring friend. and NEVER let any ghost past her way. ;)
i love Patrick and Jayson. Kendall has SUCH a Drama in her love life. haha. Thumbs UP! :)
Say
not bad....though i find kendall in this one annoying at times, even patrick. i just don't see the chemistry between them anymore like i did in book 4. though the story was good hence the 3 stars. but the characters, they don't appeal to me anymore. xander the doll was more entertaining for me....a doll what the heck! lol!
Ilana Weiss
I don't really like how this one ended because it kind of leaves you hanging, waiting to see what happens. Everything gets really complicated, but the other book isn't out yet for the story to continue, which is really depressing because I hate cliff hangers, but it's still a good book anyways,.
Isabela O.
IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so surprised at the end... *SPOILER ALERT!!!* When Jason was back. I can't wait to read the next book!!!!! Jason and Kendall earn THE WORST COUPLE award. I love Patrick and Kendall. They deserve, THE BEST COUPLE award! :)
Susanne
A wonderful end to the Ghosthuntress books...although I still have the Christmas story to finish reading. This volume is only available via e-book which is a bummer; I couldn't get it via the library.
Wendi
I love this series. And book number 5 did not dissapoint. There were an array of touching moments and a few surprises along the way. And you might need a few tissues toward the end.
Heather
Its not a bad book, but its not my type. I think I am pretty much done with the vampire, werewolf, ghost and paranormal genre!!!
Sage (the Mage)
This had way to much cheese. It made me wince with all that... sweetness. Blegh. The doll, however, was very nicely done.
Kristin
I love this series. It's creepy with great characters. It's like watching the Ghost Hunters cast only 24/7 with kids.
Jehaenah de Ramos
it's very interesting and perfect for young adults age 13 and above
Kaylabookworm22 L
Love this series and cant wait for more!!
Farah
Actual Rating: 3.5
  • Swear (Swoon, #2)
  • One Hundred Candles (Past Midnight, #2)
  • Spookygirl: Paranormal Investigator
  • Tombstone Tea
  • Broken Stone (Souls of the Stones, #3)
  • Dead Is Not An Option (Dead Is, #5)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
  • Broken Illusions (Midnight Dragonfly, #2)
  • Wherever You Go
  • Magician's Muse (The Seer, #6)
  • The Trust (Secret Society, #2)
  • Silent Night, Haunted Night (Nicki Styx, #4)
  • Destiny (Immortal, #4)
  • Discovering (Lily Dale, #4)
  • The Moment (Lila, #0.6)
  • The Vision (The Mark, #2)
  • Nearly Departed (Weirdsville, #1)
  • A Killing Notion: A Magical Dressmaking Mystery
Marley Gibson is the author of the hit young adult paranormal fiction series, "Ghost Huntress," from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s Graphia line, as well as "Radiate," which is a fictionalized version of the cancer she went through as a teenage cheerleader.

Gibson was featured on the premiere episode of The Biography Channel’s "My Ghost Story," as well as being interviewed by CNN.com for a Halloween f...more
More about Marley Gibson...
The Awakening (Ghost Huntress, #1) The Guidance (Ghost Huntress, #2) The Reason (Ghost Huntress, #3) The Counseling (Ghost Huntress, #4) Radiate