Start by marking “Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned, Volume 1: The Charmer” as Want to Read:
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned, Volume 1: The Charmer

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned, Volume 1: The Charmer (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned #1 issues #1-5)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,050 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
BEST-SELLING AUTHOR LAURELL K. HAMILTON'S FAN-FAVORITE VAMPIRE HUNTER RETURNS! Anita Blake walked away from her last case with more than a few bruises--but those wounds are nothing compared to the scrapes that lie ahead in this blood-soaked adaptation of Hamilton's third erotic thriller. To find a killer targeting the undead, Anita must descend into the dangerous, supernat ...more
Hardcover, Graphic Novel, 120 pages
Published February 9th 2011 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

Marianne
Review of Circus of the Damned vol. 1-3.

Definitely my favorite Anita Blake graphic novel. Not only did this one have a new artist, but the new guy managed to make the characters look more lifelike, less manga-ish, and that’s a plus in my book. The story itself was really engrossing. I'm sorry girls (you now who you are!) but the graphic novels managed to draw me into the world like my Kindle copy of Guilty Pleasures never did - and now I'm hooked! *Checks for pimples… there might be one on my le
Tif
Oct 16, 2011 Tif rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was recommended to me by someone because I liked American Vampire. If I had known it was as badly written as True Blood I would have stayed miles away from it.
Kirsti
Mar 23, 2014 Kirsti rated it it was amazing
I do enjoy a light read occasionally, going for a graphic novel or Manga over a novel. I needed something to send me to sleep last night, and I'd bought this yesterday. I have read most of Laurell K Hamilton's books anyway, and even some of the other graphic novels, just not this one. I love Anita and how she is drawn, it is absolutely spot on. Her lips are even sexy! A great book for fellow Anita Blake fans, highly recommend :)
Soobie's heartbroken
OK, OK, OK... I didn't remember Jean-Claude being so possessive and always trying to control Anita. And wanting her to admit that she's his human servant. Maybe it's the 30-year-old spinster in me talking but that bothered me a lot. The part where Jean-Claude and Anita were discussing was the most boring in the whole book.

Another thing that I can't digest properly is the fact that the artist changed in this volume and the drawings are a bit different than the ones in the previous volumes. And it
Marcia
Jun 05, 2015 Marcia rated it really liked it
I'm a fan of the series and read this as a way to complete 20 GN's for a class I am taking. I was pleasantly surprised! It is a great adaptation and the art is really pretty. I was sad to see that Marvel ended the run after 3 novel adaptations, but I plan to read all of them.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
I mean it does have its moments and does get interesting. A little crazy but makes for a good read. Anyway, once I'm caught up with these, then maybe I'll continue with the book series.
Alice Rachel
Nov 30, 2015 Alice Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
This book goes back to the first novels, when I still liked Anita and when Richard was nice and cute and that I liked him a LOT (before he turned into a jealous and possessive macho alpha male). Can't wait till they start dating.
The drawings are beautiful.
Edward is still one of my favs.
The only thing this book is missing is sweet Nathaniel. ; )
Elliott Chandler
May 05, 2015 Elliott Chandler rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Awesome! Ordered the second one in the series. Dark, seductive, gritty! The illustrations worked, and movement portrayed. Loved it.
Dan
Nov 04, 2014 Dan rated it it was ok
Yeah don't think I will get into this series or read the novels. This strikes me as pure chic supernatural lit. No thank you.
Carline Rucker
Really like this book. Anita Blake is really a fighter and won't take not stuff. She seem to hold her ground.
Heather McLaughlin
Huh. Now I remember how great Anita Blake was before she starting f*#&ing everything in site.
Alyce Karlee
I loved this graphic novel, the illustrations are absolutely brilliant
Ann Dunn
Feb 26, 2015 Ann Dunn rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this graphic novel. I am ready for the next one.
Racquel
Cheryl
Nov 29, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it
This is a really awesome graphic novel. I have tried a few times to read the print versions of Anita Blake Vampire Hunter. I have had trouble with the print versions understanding the characters and why they are important. I did not have any trouble jumping in to this graphic novel. The story and the characters are immediately understandable and I can't wait to pick up the next one! The art is outstanding and lends a complete picture of the characters and their emotions.

Appeal: gritty, compellin
Bethnoir
Isn't it silly that whilst I was reading this, I kept wanting to shout "No Anita, don't do it!". Having read the books, I thought I'd see what this graphic novel adaption was like. Overall I'd say it was very good. It stuck to the plot , retained the dynamism of the books and although the images of the characters weren't drawn as I'd imagined them, I enjoyed it.
Jen
Favourite Character: Edward

The actual book was better. Not as good as I thought it was going to be. I pretty much gave it a four because I vaguely remember giving the novel a five.

Anita annoys me in even these books now because I know she turns into a monster-fucking-tramp and I don't even remember how the hell that happened in the first place.
Cupof Tea
May 06, 2012 Cupof Tea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been really enjoying the Anita Blake graphic novels. The stories can be told in such a short format, and the pictures are sooooooo pretty. A good way to recap the series and recall how Richard first meets Anita in this first book of Circus of the Damned.

Unfortunately, I have Book 3, but not Book 2. Gotta make an Amazon order soon I think.
Cindy
Story of course is wonderful, and a fun refresher for the older books - especially nice review when Hamilton has a new Anita coming out, as she does so often. Art - well, satisfying enough, I still miss Brett Booth's Anita, and is is most noticable when his art is featured on the cover but not within the pages.
Rob
A fun universe to spend some time in, you can’t help but compare to the True Blood series but I have to say in terms of organizing the supernatural world meets real world I found this universe a little more consistent and fun. The art was great too; I hope the library keeps getting these books.

Jeff
Jul 14, 2011 Jeff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Camille, Kevin, Brian
Recommended to Jeff by: Found it on the Library Shelves
Shelves: fantasy
Graphic Novel adaptation of Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series. Obviously not as deep and informed as the actual novels themselves, this is simply an illustrated gloss...an introduction, if you will, of what is in store for the reader willing to pick up the novels and delve in.
Tony Calder
This isn't an Anita Blake book that I have read, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the adaptation. However, the artwork is good without being breathtaking, and the story feels like an Anita Blake story, so that's good. This isn't the complete adaptation, just the first part.
Michelle Cristiani
Mar 06, 2012 Michelle Cristiani rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
This book translates really well to a graphic novel. Giant cobras! Vampire battles! Crime scenes! It's an action-packed book, taking you back to the time when Jean-Claude was scary, Richard was sweet, and Anita Blake solved crimes.
Tiah
Dec 12, 2011 Tiah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The graphics in the beginning were a little weird to me, especially the faces. By the middle, they started to get more consistent. I so far have been very happy with all the graphic novels in this series.
Jmichaud
May 31, 2012 Jmichaud rated it liked it
"Marvel"ous take on Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. Artists captured a lot of same things I pictured in my head. DEFinitely don't think that Jean Claude and Anita look that similar though. Eeew.
Cottageunderhill
I'm not sure I really liked the way the artist portrayed Anita's character. She didn't seem right on the eye to me-- like the hourglass figure was a little too bulbous.
Gözde Yeşilsefa
Oct 07, 2015 Gözde Yeşilsefa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Özellikle Lanetliler Sirki' nin görsel açıdan çok zengin olması yüzünden mükemmel bir sanat çıkmış ortaya well done
Kim
Apr 02, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hadn't read the novel so I didn't know what to expect. Full of suspense, gore, romance, and humor.
Christine
Mar 19, 2013 Christine rated it it was ok
I'm reminded of why I stopped reading these books, but dang, the boys in these GNs are so pretty.
Kari Ramirez
Feb 28, 2011 Kari Ramirez rated it liked it
Still following along with the novel. It was great to put a face to Richard tho!
  • Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 1
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 3 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #3)
  • Richelle Mead's The Dark Swan: Storm Born (volume 1)
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3
  • The Dresden Files: Storm Front, Volume 2: Maelstrom
  • Blood Work (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • Vampire Kisses: Graveyard Games, Volume 1
  • Tales From Wonderland, Volume 1
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 5
  • Witchblade Vol.1: Witch Hunt
Laurell K. Hamilton is one of the leading writers of paranormal fiction. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Hamilton writes the popular Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels and the Meredith Gentry series. She is also the creator of a bestselling comic book series based on her Anita Blake novels and published by Marvel Comics. Hamilton is a full-time writer and lives in the suburbs of St. Louis ...more
More about Laurell K. Hamilton...

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned (3 books)
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned, Volume 2: The Ingenue