Start by marking “The Gunman's Bride” as Want to Read:
The Gunman's Bride

The Gunman's Bride

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Bart Kingsley had followed her to New Mexico, ready to lay his love--and his life--on the line. But spirited Laura Rose had made a fresh start for herself. She hadn't left her controlling father in Kansas to let some gun-slinging outlaw ruin her hopes--no matter what scandalous past they shared six years ago. Or how his green eyes beckoned!Rosie was his light in the darkne ...more
Published January 4th 2011 by Harlequin (first published December 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Gunman's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gunman's Bride

JoAnn
Margaret Metz
On many levels I could relate to Rosie because she often let her fears and worries get the best of her. I have one of those minds that can imagine a hundred different outcomes - vividly. It's one of the reasons I write. It's a mistake to oversimplify and think she's weak. She did leave her father for a fresh start on her own. She also was so determined to get the teaching job of her dreams that she made a plan and saw it through - step by step. She wasn't honest with her father or herself though ...more
Amy
I did like this book, as I like almost all of the love inspired historicals. I have certain expectations of a relaxing quick vacation read and this fit the bill.

Some comments:

I was surprised/disappointed at what part of the past came back to haunt the couple. I thought there would be more with Bart's past that would come back to bite them.

Rosie is really indecisive.

I don't completely understand what Bart was doing with the train at the end, or what ploy he used to get the unwelcome guests away
April Suter
This story happens in New Mexico Territory in the 1880's. Rose finds her estranged husband under bed, bleeding. All she wanted to do was be a teacher and now the guy she married 6 years ago that had left her finds her. This ia a cute story about learning the lesson "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything." Philippians 4:6 Will Rose find Bart under her bed again? Read the story and find out.
278 pages
Monica
This was a fast pace, no thought necessary story. It was redundant in some places and Rosie kept leaving Bart at the slightest notion that something was going wrong. Also the names seem very juvenile in some parts. Overall this is a good book for a quick light hearted read.
Jane
3.5. Kinda got tired of Rosie being worried all the time by the end. Really liked the premise. Didn't expect overly much and it was decent, but not really something to write home about.
Shawnee
The first half was intense; I couldn't put it down. The second half was somewhat disappointing compared to the first. Overall, it was still a good and interesting book.
Megan
Jul 07, 2013 Megan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: paper
Not a bad book and I realize it's about trusting God, but it was really annoying that the female lead still couldn't trust her man by the end of the book.
Brenna H.
Er...yeah. Not my favorite Catherine Palmer read, let me just say.
Terri Pray
One of those I simply couldn't get into.
PWRL
Jan 11, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
E
Caroline Garvin
Caroline Garvin marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Wendy Sparkes
Wendy Sparkes marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Aerykah
Aerykah marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Jan
Jan added it
Oct 05, 2014
Charity Faith
Charity Faith marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Melody Phillips
Melody Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Candy
Candy marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...
Prairie Rose (A Town Called Hope, #1) A Kiss of Adventure (Treasures of the Heart #1) The Bachelor's Bargain (Miss Pickworth Series #2) The Affectionate Adversary (Miss Pickworth Series #1) Finders Keepers