Start by marking “The Gunman's Bride” as Want to Read:
The Gunman's Bride

The Gunman's Bride

Bart Kingsley had followed her to New Mexico, ready to lay his love--and his life--on the line. But spirited Laura Rose had made a fresh start for herself. She hadn't left her controlling father in Kansas to let some gun-slinging outlaw ruin her hopes--no matter what scandalous past they shared six years ago. Or how his green eyes beckoned!Rosie was his light in the darkne ...more
Published January 4th 2011 by Harlequin (first published December 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Gunman's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gunman's Bride

JoAnn
Jul 04, 2011 JoAnn rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian, romance
Margaret Metz
Feb 12, 2011 Margaret Metz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On many levels I could relate to Rosie because she often let her fears and worries get the best of her. I have one of those minds that can imagine a hundred different outcomes - vividly. It's one of the reasons I write. It's a mistake to oversimplify and think she's weak. She did leave her father for a fresh start on her own. She also was so determined to get the teaching job of her dreams that she made a plan and saw it through - step by step. She wasn't honest with her father or herself though ...more
Michelle
Jun 07, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This was another wonderful book written by a very talented author named Catherine Palmer! I always get so involved in her books that I cannot put it down until I read the last page (although sometimes I have to). If you are looking for a simple love story, this is not the book. This book is darker than a lot of the Love Inspired books. The circumstances surround a wanted man who rode with Frank and Jessie James. He's accused of many things. But he comes to town to profess his love to the woman h ...more
Amy
May 17, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I did like this book, as I like almost all of the love inspired historicals. I have certain expectations of a relaxing quick vacation read and this fit the bill.

Some comments:

I was surprised/disappointed at what part of the past came back to haunt the couple. I thought there would be more with Bart's past that would come back to bite them.

Rosie is really indecisive.

I don't completely understand what Bart was doing with the train at the end, or what ploy he used to get the unwelcome guests away
April Suter
Apr 15, 2011 April Suter rated it really liked it
This story happens in New Mexico Territory in the 1880's. Rose finds her estranged husband under bed, bleeding. All she wanted to do was be a teacher and now the guy she married 6 years ago that had left her finds her. This ia a cute story about learning the lesson "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything." Philippians 4:6 Will Rose find Bart under her bed again? Read the story and find out.
278 pages
Monica
This was a fast pace, no thought necessary story. It was redundant in some places and Rosie kept leaving Bart at the slightest notion that something was going wrong. Also the names seem very juvenile in some parts. Overall this is a good book for a quick light hearted read.
Jane
Apr 21, 2011 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5. Kinda got tired of Rosie being worried all the time by the end. Really liked the premise. Didn't expect overly much and it was decent, but not really something to write home about.
Megan
May 08, 2012 Megan rated it liked it
Shelves: paper
Not a bad book and I realize it's about trusting God, but it was really annoying that the female lead still couldn't trust her man by the end of the book.
Shawnee
Jan 29, 2011 Shawnee rated it liked it
The first half was intense; I couldn't put it down. The second half was somewhat disappointing compared to the first. Overall, it was still a good and interesting book.
Julie Bihn
Lamork1
Lamork1 rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2015
June
June rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2012
Julianne
Julianne rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2011
Kelley
Kelley rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2016
PWRL
Jan 11, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
E
Farah Mahmood
Farah Mahmood rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
May 30, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Linda Ortiz
Linda Ortiz rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2012
Betsy
Betsy rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Noelle Marchand
Noelle Marchand rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2011
Charline Bonham
Charline Bonham rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2011
Barbara Stone
Barbara Stone rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2016
Patricia Demyda
Patricia Demyda rated it really liked it
May 08, 2011
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2013
Shawn
Shawn rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 10:38AM
  • Prairie Courtship
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • The Maverick Preacher  (The Women of Swan's Nest, #1)
  • Calico Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #3)
  • Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)
  • The Aristocrat's Lady
  • The Cowboy Tutor (Three Brides for Three Cowboys, #1)
  • Second Chance Family
  • The Runaway Bride
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • The Husband Campaign (The Master Matchmakers, #3)
  • Captain of Her Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #1)
  • The Wedding Season: Much Ado About Nuptials\The Gentleman Takes a Bride
  • The Unexpected Bride (Bowen, #1)

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...