Start by marking “The Unwilling Bride (Brothers in Arms, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Unwilling Bride (Brothers in Arms, #3)

The Unwilling Bride (Brothers in Arms #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Betrothed at birth . . .

Published (first published October 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Unwilling Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unwilling Bride

Nicole
Lady Constance was betrothed to Merrick of Tregallas from the day she was born. She remembers him as a spoiled rotten child and doesn’t want anything to do with him, until she meets him as the dashing knight. Merrick refuses to return to Tregallas due to his dangerous past, but when he catches sight of his future bride, he wants to be a better man. Though his past may come back to haunt him and cost him his Lady before she is even rightfully his.

Margaret Moore writes about a strong, determined w
LibraryLass
3.5 stars for this one. I enjoyed the relationship between Merrick and Constance. The plotline meandered a bit and I felt there were loose threads in the story that would have made the book a bit more "meatier". I thought there were lots of missed opportunities in the story to make it a truly great book.

For example:
SPOILER ALERT!! The conspiracy of the uncles to do away with both Constance and Merrick could have been used far more to "fatten up" the book (if you know what I mean). Instead it wa
Elise
I don't usually like cheesy romance novels but this one had me pleasantly surprised. I was shocked that I had found a romance novel with a twist in the plot line and one that had nothing to do with their sex lives.

This book has two stubborn and emotionally stinted, silent people who are in an arranged marriage. Merrick the son of the Lord of Tregellas 'Wicked William' comes home after his father's death to take over his title as Lord of Tregellas. Only Lord Merrick has a secret that could strip
Rachel
Spring of 1243

Merrick is about 25 and Constance is 20. I loved this book! Story was great. They let you know soon that Merrick has a secret but you don't find out until the last few chapters and that was great. What made it great was they didn't rub it in there was a secret but weren't telling you. And the secret was awesome and totally didn't see it coming! You of course wish the 2 would talk about things instead of thinking the other knows what you mean. And they never do, and take things all
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
"Betrothed at birth . . .

Promised to Merrick of Tregellas when she was but a child, Lady Constance was unwilling to wed a man she remembered only as a spoiled boy. Sure he had grown into an arrogant knight, she sought to make herself so unappealing that Merrick would refuse to honor their betrothal. Yet no sooner had this enigmatic, darkly handsome man ridden through the castle gates than she realized he was nothing like the boy she recalled. And very much a man she could love . . . "
Daneesha
By the middle of the book, the hero and heroine have so many people plotting against them...for a minute you wonder how they will prevail. Then, the hero lets out a huge secret toward the end and my mouth dropped open in shock! I really enjoyed the suspense and romance of this book. It will definitely go into my all-time favorites.
Jan
I like the story. The only thing that brings my rating down is that the love scene was to graphic for me. I like the steam but I don't want all the explicit details. I love the twist at the end with the brothers being switched. For the most part this book is a great read.
Marielle Jian Aspa
At first I didn't like it because it was too medieval. But as I kept reading it got better, although some scenes could've been greater. When Merrick let out his secret, I was shocked. It was the biggest twist of this book. You should read this.
Gardavson
Fun and entertaining read. I liked both the characters. The plot was good, though more could have been done to bring it out. One I will keep for a future reread.
Imeelyn
Love accepts every ugliness and treats it as something beautiful.
Christie Palmer
Great book, with a surprise ending that will leave you smiling.
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Adnana
Adnana marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
ClassicMaiden
ClassicMaiden marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
zebroshyennie
zebroshyennie marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 10, 2015
Kelly
Kelly added it
May 31, 2015
Arti Sheth
Arti Sheth marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Husna Koeucretd
Husna Koeucretd marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Van Phan
Van Phan marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
What's The Name o...: Historical romance: forced marriage, Scotland? [s] 6 59 Jun 08, 2013 02:00AM
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • The Countess Bride
  • The Bride of Rosecliffe (Rosecliffe #1)
  • An Honorable Thief
  • The Penniless Bride (Harlequin Historical #725)
  • Anne's Perfect Husband (Sinclair Bride, #2)
  • The Highlander (Graham-Lennox #1)
  • Her Irish Warrior
  • My Shadow Warrior (MacDonell Brides, #3)
  • Notorious (DeWarenn, #3)
  • Knight Triumphant (Graham, #4)
  • Dawn of Camelot (Merlin's Legacy, #5)
  • The Dreamer (Highland Treasure, #1)
  • The Black Rose
  • Knight in My Bed (MacLean, #1)
There is more than one author with this name

Award-winning author Margaret Moore actually began her career at the age of eight, when she and a friend concocted stories featuring a lovely, spirited damsel and a handsome, misunderstood thief nicknamed "The Red Sheik."
Unknowingly pursuing her destiny, Margaret graduated with distinction from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Arts degree i
More about Margaret Moore...

Brothers in Arms (8 books)
  • Bride of Lochbarr (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Lord of Dunkeathe (Brothers in Arms, #2)
  • Hers To Command (Brothers in Arms, #4)
  • Hers To Desire (Brothers in Arms, #5)
  • My Lord's Desire (King John, #1)
  • The Notorious Knight (King John, #2)
  • Knave's Honor (King John, #3)
Gwyneth and the Thief The Warlord's Bride (King John,  #4) Kiss Me Quick (Kiss Me, #1) The Overlord's Bride (Warrior, #13) Highland Rogue, London Miss