Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)

Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  1,240 ratings  ·  66 reviews

By the author of Heart of the Wolf, a Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year

"This delicious alpha hero will leave you wild for more." — Nicole North, author of Devil in a Kilt

All she wants is the truth…
Lelandi Wildhaven is determined to discover the truth about her beloved sister's mysterious death. But everyone thinks she's out to make a bid for her sister's widowed

Published (first published March 1st 2009)

PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
4.5stars actually
I liked this outing better than book one but didn't really see the connection between the two so I would consider the books fine for stand-alone. Overlap is either very minimal or non-existent. Lelandi Wildhaven has arrived in Silver Town to find out why her triplet sister Larissa was murdered and who did it. Knowing only that her sister mated the Gray leader Armed Darien Silver, she thinks she had best to in disguise to get the information she wants. And she has to do it before...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
"Destiny of the Wolf" is Terry Spear's second 'Wolf' novel published by Sourcebooks Casablanca. In this story, she pens a tale of love, greed, lust, and betrayal. At 416 'story' pages, it's certainly not a small book and the author took the opportunity to include a murder mystery and some foreshadowing for what I assume will be her next novel in this series.

Lelandi's parents are dead. Her triplet brother took off several years ago and now she's just learned that her other triplet sister who ran...more
Michelle (Purr More, Censor Less)
I am wavering between 3.5 and 4 stars on this one. I liked it better than the first book, Heart of the Wolf. It seemed to move along at a better pace. None of the characters or story line carry over from the first book so it can be read as a standalone. I noticed a couple of very minor details that are related to the first book but nothing important to the story.

One detail that annoyed me a bit is that it was mentioned early in the book that the heroine is supposed to have some martial arts trai...more
Bobs (Reader Unbound)
Destiny of the Wolf is the second installment in the Heart of the Wolf series and the first book I have ever read, by this author and most probably the last. I have no idea what repulsed me so much in this book. Was it the names? Cause God help me no parents in their right mind would name their children Lelandi, Leidolf and Larissa Wildhaven. Well, Larissa was just fine, but she died, so yeah...
May be it was the whole idea of the plot? One man sleeps with one twin then with the other?! And thoug...more
Sheila
Terry Spear’s wolves are neither wild not tame. They live in small towns, keeping their identity secret from their human friends, running hospitals, schools, police stations, bars… There’s a human girl who wants to be a nurse, but sick werewolves aren’t quite the same as sick humans. And there’s a girl who’s pretending to be human, but wolves can tell the difference straight away.

Terry Spear’s wolves are sensual, sweet, dangerous and delightful, and her stories are full of intriguing details abo...more
Donna
Bernadette
Mar 27, 2014 Bernadette rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys romantic suspense
This is the 2nd book in the series and I was engrossed from the start. This is also the 2nd book of the author’s that I have read and this one is far better than ‘Heart of the Wolf’. The books are stand-alone novels so I don’t think it really matters in what order you read them. I also like the fact that the author pays as much attention to the suspense element of the book as she does the romance (if not more so).

In this book, the romance is between Lelandi and Darien. Lelandi is from the Wildha...more
Dahlia (yadkny)
Oct 19, 2010 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Wolf Shifter Lovers
Lelandi is a red wolf shifter and part of a set of triplets. Her sister Larissa ran away from her abusive mate and wound up dead a short time later from an apparent suicide. Their brother Leidolf has gone rogue in the hopes of starting his own pack, but who knows where he is. The triplets’ parents are presumed dead from a car accident, but Lelandi knows better and figures it to be an inside pack job due to both Larissa’s and her disappearance. Now she is left to figure out the why’s, how’s, and...more
Janina
Oh how I loved this book! I thought Terry Spear did a fantastic job with this installment. The writing with this book flowed with ease and I devoured this book in a day exactly! AND, I love me a good Alpha male :) You should too!

I guess I'll start with the characters, as always. Like I said before, I love me a good alpha male! Darien was perfect in every way, shape, and form. From the moment I was introduced to him in the book, I fell in love with his character. The dominant personality of his w...more
Sandy M
This is my second book by Ms. Spear, the first being Heart of the Wolf, which I also reviewed. I had an issue with the heroine in HotW, but this time around I enjoyed everything about Destiny of the Wolf, and especially the heroine.

Lelandi is a strong and independent woman — she has to be if she’s to be an alpha’s mate. But when she begins her journey to find her sister’s killer, she has no idea that is where her life is headed. She’s a lone red wolf seeking information from a pack of grays, and...more
LynnMarie
Yadkny’s Review

Suzan
I really enjoyed this book, in fact it may replace the first as my series favourite so far! I love the connection to the previous book considering Leidolf is the mysterious red that became alpha of the red pack in the first book and Darien is related (distant cousin) to the previous alpha hero Devlyn!
I loved Darien and Lelandi, I got a little annoyed that Lelandi so stubbornly kept secrets and refused to cooperate with Darien at the start and then got upset when he didn't tell her everything cau...more
Melissa
This book was great. I whole heartedly agree with all the good reviews! Talk about a book with a lot of neat twists and turns. This one kept me on the edge until the very end. Lelandi has a sister named Larissa who ran away from an abusive mate to a new pack. She decided to impersonate her sister Lelandi and remarries pack master Darien. Not long afterwards she is found dead and it is ruled as a suicide. Lelandi doesn't believe it and goes to Darien's pack to try and unravel what really happened...more
Margaret
Review

Praise for Terry Spear!... the story is a fun glimpse into an animalistic lifestyle full of death, betrayal and love. (Shawn Remfrey Armchair Interviews 20090205)

If you love werewolves, contentious yet steamy romances, and lots of action, you will enjoy Destiny of the Wolf! (Steph B. The Romance Studio 20090223)

The chemistry of Darien and Lelandi set the pages of Destiny of the Wolf afire! (The Pen & Muse 20090302)

Fans will relish this wonderful lampooning of the lycan legend inside

Samantha
Lelandi Wildhaven comes to town with one thing on her mind: find her sister's murderer and then avenge her death. What she isn't prepared for is falling for her late sister's husband and finding herself in serious danger. There are a ton of suspects to choose from as none of the females and some of the males in the pack are happy that Lelandi is there and think that she is after her sister's husband and the leader of the pack Darien. And the question remains as to whether Lelandi can find her si...more
Rhianna
Mystery Worth Wolfing Down

Lelandi shows up in Silver Town with one mission in mind: find the bastard who murdered her sister and avenge her death. What she doesn't anticipate is that her sister had been living under Lelandi's name and got herself in over her head so far she could have never got out on her own. Still grieving, Larissa's mate, Darien Silver, doesn't expect to find his mate's identical sister snooping around his pack's home. When someone tries to kill Lelandi to keep her from disco...more
Karen
"A Werewolf Tale that will have you belieiving they live among us!"

Lelandi Wildhaven doesn't believe her twin sister committed suicide and plans to find out what happened. The pack doesn't like or trust Lelandi since they think she's there to claim Darien for herself.

Darien Silver is the pack leader. He's still dealing with his mate's death. He doesn't want her twin sister nosing around where she doesn't belong. He didn't expect to feel the immediate attraction and it has nothing to do with the...more
Sian
What a great second book into this series !!!!!

I loved Lelandi, her whole character was just amazing. I thought she had some guts to not only do a runner from her abusive pack but to also go in search to find out exactly what happened to her twin sister.

Now her sister annoyed me, not only did she steel Lelandi`s identity but she was also dishonest and stole her sisters true mate....What more can I say....

I actually also liked Darien, I thought he handled the situation well and once he was aware...more
Monique
Was it just my copy that had chapters 9&10 repeated?!

I hated the first book in this series. I wanted to like this book more but I found the whole name confusion annoyingly drawn out and then chapters 9 and 10 repeated. (why did MY book have to be the misprinted one?? Ugh!) I liked that Leilandi knew self defense. I think she had a black belt in jujitsu(?) but she never really used her skills. I expected more from her and was a little let down.. the male leads are smoldering though which kept...more
Avey Shannon
Rating of 4 ½ stars - Destiny of the Wolf is the second book in Terry Spears’ unique concept and outstanding writing of werewolves in her “Heart of the Wolf “series. This was an enjoyable read that gave you lots of action and romance, including the element of “dream mating”, with mystery and suspense that came together to develop into one exciting plot. It definitely deserves the good reviews it received and I look forward to reading the next installment Tempt the Wolf.
Maria
Lelandi Wildhaven is determined to find her sister's killer and bring him to justice. Darien Silver blames himself for his mate's death and can't handle that her sister is digging up details of her suicide. When Lelandi is shot, he realizes that there is more going on.

Why I started it: It's a series about werewolves. Need I say more?

Why I finished it: Once you get over the ick factor of the hero having been with her sister... it is an enjoyable and believable book.
Tania
"Destiny of the Wolf" by Terry Spear. Book 2 in the Heart of the Wolf series.

I really like this book. Fast pace, action and mistery. A case of mistaken identity? Or purposely deceived? Damien, lead of the Grey Pack, is grieving over the suicide of his mate...or was it murder? Lelandi is Damien's mate's sister, and she is willing to do anything she can to find out what really happened to her twin sister.

Excellent story. Can't wait to read more in this series.
Kim
In Destiny of the Wolf I loved the idea of dream-mating, and this book might be my favorite in the series simply because it brings up the question, "What if you mate the wrong person?" Not everyone gets a do-over like Darien did, but it was interesting how Terry managed to work the story. And the bit about Larissa? That was sad. I agree with Lelandi when she said her sister didn't deserve that. She might have done some stupid stuff, but no one deserves to die.
Tia
Once again the second installment of this novel left me cold. I don't know if Terry Spear is just growing with the books or if it's me but I really loved book number nine and I have been comparing it to all the others.

Yes, this book has a great plot but it's such a similar plot to book one with a change in characters, it's not really exciting anymore. So sure it was nice to read but I just kept expecting more. At least the end had a happy ending!
=^☺^=mskitty
The love story in this book just gave me the creeps. A twin took her sister's ID and fled her abusive mate. She then mated with another and got murdered. The orig twin comes to find out what happened to her sister and ends up mating with her sister's x. The love scenes were kind of cheesey and again no mating in wolf form.
On the plus side it was a very good murder mystery, I was stumped almost to the end of the book.
Violet the Vanisher
Well this book was really great I give it a 5star :) but I don't not think anybody under the age of 18 should read unless you have your parents read with you :) but there was so mate heart break for me in this book but all in all it was a great mystery and I love it :) AMD I think you guess might to the only thing I forget how Ault some books can be so yes I still blush a lot of time =^_^=
Ashley
Tonia Rodriguez
I like this book. The chemistry between Lelandi and Darien is ... Well it's indescribable. At times it's sad, and at times it's exhilarating, but overall it's got a sweetness to it. Spears is very good at pulling you into the story and holding you there until the end. The characters and story are well rounded and thought out. I was kept guessing to the end and that's how I like it!
Delia
I have to say Terry Spear is moving her way up in the ranks of my favorite Werewolf romance authors. Her wolves are strong, loyal and compassionate. I also love how the characters from different books interact, meaning you may hear more from some of your favorites later on in the series. Now the trouble is that I have to hunt down the rest...
Sally
For some reason this book of the series didn't enthrall me as others have done. Maybe because I was reading it out of turn so knew the result of the story, but somehow it didn't just gel. Still a good yarn and I was glad to learn of the triplet alphas of the silver pack. Now I can continue this fascinating series.
  • Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3)
  • The Taming of the Wolf (Westfield Wolves, #4)
  • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves, #5)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves #3)
  • Moon Burning (Children of the Moon, #3)
  • Mated to a Wolf (Wulf's Den, #4)
  • The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters, #3)
  • Embracing the Wolf (Ritter Werewolves, #2)
  • Tempting the Enemy (Resurrection, #1)
  • Untouched (The Amoveo Legend, #2)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell...more
More about Terry Spear...
Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1) Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5) To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3) Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf Series, # 6) Legend of the White Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #4)