Start by marking “Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)

Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles #2)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  12,572 Ratings  ·  538 Reviews
It's been centuries since Isabeau St. Croix barely survived the French Revolution. Now she's made her way back to the living and she must face the ultimate test by confronting the evil British lord who left her for dead the day she turned into a vampire. That's if she can control her affection for Logan Drake, a vampire whose bite is as sweet as the revenge she seeks.

The c
Published July 1st 2010 by Walker Childrens (first published June 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Feud, please sign up.

~Tina~
Jun 29, 2010 ~Tina~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore this series!

Everyone who knows me knows I love, love, love my Vamp's so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I'm having a total blast with this series!
I am loving the chemistry that the Drake family have. I love there voices, I love there banter, punkness, sass, and wit. This is a great cast of characters here to entertain, make you laugh and ready to swoon you over. I love to have fun with the characters I read, so in short, they make me smile, every last one of them.

Blood Feud is anot
Amelie
Oct 29, 2015 Amelie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Der erste Band hat mir noch einen Hauch besser gefallen, aber auch Blood Feud war eine clever und spannend erzählte Geschichte mit einfach wundervollen Charakteren, jeder Menge Humor und einer Liebesgeschichte, bei der man geradezu dahinschmelzt! Und alle geliebten Charaktere aus dem ersten Band sind auch wieder vorgekommen. Was ich bei Alyxandra Harvey übrigens immer mit am besten finde, das ist die Beziehungen zwischen den Charakteren, weil das nicht (gerade im Vampirgenre üblich) dieses Ich-b ...more
Dwayne
Jul 05, 2010 Dwayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed @ Girls Without a Bookshelf.

I was hugely excited for the second installment in the Drake Chronicles and am glad to say that it pleased me a lot! I know a lot of you girls out there are excited for it too - you better be, because this is so much better than Love Lies Bleeding (US title: Hearts at Stake)!

Let me start by saying that it surpassed all my expectations. I thought it was going to be a book that was more romance than anything but boy was I wrong. It was a good mix of mystery and
Jessica
Mar 28, 2011 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hardcore-Vampire-Fans
Shelves: 15-vampires
Hmm, I liked book 1 but this was only an okay read for me.
Logan and Isabeau were nice enough but Nick and Lucy are definitely my favorite couple. While reading Blood Feud I constantly found myself wishing for more on those two and I found it a little bit difficult to bring myself to care for the actual main characters of this installment. Still, I'm going to read book 3 since I want to hear more about the Drakes. :)
Mara
Aug 14, 2012 Mara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Najlepšie:
( Pre tých čo neviedia: Lucy- Najlešia kamáratka(človek) upírky Solange a priateľka upíra (brata Solange) Nicholasa
Kde je Lucy?-opýtal som sa
Na farme-usmial sa Nicholas akosi neisto
A ako sa ti ju podarilo ju prehovoriť?
Nepodarilo. Je v skrini.-obrátila Solange oči v stlp
Vyvalil som na Nicholas oči- Ty si zamkol svoje dievča do skrine ?No to je je teda dosť dobre- :D :D
Nic
Jul 30, 2010 Nic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good series. Another action packed and witty installment that had plenty of romance. Alxyandra Harvey has a interesting and unique take on vampires with all the different types. In this one we learn more about the Hounds.

This is the story of Logan and Isabeau and again we get dual narration which I love. I like knowing what both characters are thinking and feeling. We also get flashbacks from Isabeau past before she was turned which didn't really hold my interest like the rest
Romy
** Warning if you haven’t read My Love Lies Bleeding (or Hearts at Stake depending on where you live) I don’t recommend reading this review as there are some spoilery details from the first book that are discussed in this review. You have been warned.**

I’d been waiting over a week for this book to arrive in my mailbox (bookdepository you were very slow) and then suddenly it appeared (queue trumpets), I squealed a bit when I took it out of the letterbox. Unfortunately I had to work :( so I starte
chucklesthescot
I first read this book back in 2011 and I'm only just getting round to writing up my review of it!

I was a little concerned when I noticed that the book was narrated by Isabeau, a vampire Hound Princess on a diplomatic mission to see Helena, and Logan Drake. I was a big fan of Lucy so I wasn't sure about the changes. However, once I started reading it, I was enjoying the story too much to be bothered by it.

I liked Logan, and it was interesting to get his view on what was happening-Solange being p
Kristi
Dec 31, 2010 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm could describe Blood Feud the same way I described Hearts at Stake... A great book for vampire fans looking for a fun, fast and entertaining read. I'd even recommend this for non vampire fans. This was just a feel good, make you laugh, can't stop turning the pages.... awesome book.

I would have to describe these novels as my "guilty pleasure" vampire novels. (I have a werewolf guilty pleasure too: The Dark Guardian novels.) And I call them guilty pleasures because they aren't exceptionally w
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Blood Feud starts a week after the events of My Love Lies Bleeding where Helena has become the queen, Montmarte is still after the crown and Solange and the Drakes are holding negotiations with the Helios-Ra and the Hounds.

This book is really good and has the combination of action, humour and romance that I love from Harvey’s books. This book is all about discovering about the characters discovering about themselves
Connie
Aug 18, 2015 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Free gift

Title: Blood Feud
Series: The Drake Chronicles #2
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
Overall Rating: 3.5 stars

This book follows the perspective of another Drake child, Logan and a two century old Hound Vampire Princess called Isabeau. As the coronation of Queen Helena draws closer, those loyal to Lady Natasha aren't happy and everyone's on guard to protect the Drake family's lives. However, the loyals may have a plan to make the vampires fight one another. Ki
Lacy
Aug 09, 2013 Lacy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book might be more entertaining for... Junior-highers? Meh, probably not even then. The first book was entertaining enough that I got the rest of the series from the library, but after reading this one, I'm done. I'm taking them all back and am thankful I didn't spend money on them. I'm not sure what it was, because I'm a pretty big YA fan/fic nerd, but this was just... not very captivating. I suppose I don't care for the characters at all. In fact, I was hoping they might die to break the ...more
Freckles
3,5/5
Mám pocit, že na některé knížky už začínám být příliš stará. Kdybych tohle četla v patnácti, milovala bych to. Teď... ne tak docela. Některé pasáže mě příliš nebavily a zase ta téměř osudová láska... no, prostě ne můj šálek čaje.
Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical)
Aug 20, 2011 Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical) rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who want a light, silly little story with no depth.
Okay, imagine this:

You are under police protection, because someone has been stalking you and your family. You meet two very nice policemen, who vow to protect you with their lives.

What do you do?

You invite a friend over without telling your guards.

Your guards then see a shadowy figure approaching your house in the dark of night. Naturally, they take out their weapons.

Of course, you didn't tell your friend about the policemen, so your friend, who happens to be a paranoid person, whips out t
Bobs (Reader Unbound)
Review from the back cover:

It's been centuries since Isabeau St.Croix survived the French Revolution. Now she's made her way back to the living, and must face the ultimate test by confronting the evil British lord who turned her into a vampire and left her buried for two hundred years. That's if she can control her affection for Logan Drake, a vampire whose bite is
as sweet as the revenge she seeks.

My Review:
Blood Feud is the second installment in the Drake series,and in my opinion is even bette
Karen Keyte
Blood Feud, the second entry in Alyxandra Harvey’s Drake Chronicles, shows some marked differences from Hearts at Stake. Whereas that first book was primarily a frothy, if eminently enjoyable paranormal teen romance (although it does also provide a solid introduction to the very interesting vampire world Harvey has created) Blood Feud is darker, more mature and even more engrossing.

Blood Feud picks up almost immediately after the point where Hearts at Stake ends, with the seven Drake brothers an
daisychainbooks
Blood Feud, the second instalment in the Drake Chronicles, is a fun, action-packed and enjoyable read. It picks up right where the first book left off, but this time our narrators are Logan Drake, the fashion loving Drake brother, and Isabeau St.Croix, who we were briefly introduced to at the end of My Love Lies Bleeding.

I have to say I warmed to Isabeau straight away. I loved learning of her extensive background and the historical aspects of her story. The flashbacks to her life in Paris during
P.E.
Mar 05, 2011 P.E. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Feud is the second book in the Drake series, centering around the Drake family. I'm starting to really like this series. I was really pleased with this book because book 1 in the series (Hearts at Stake) didn't interest me much but Blood Feud was so much more interesting.

What made me enjoy Blood Feud was the characters. Isabeau is strong, and fierce, but also so vulnerable at the same time. I would never want to be her because she has faced so many difficulties. I also liked the bits of Fr
Kristen
Why I read this: Because the first book (Hearts at Stake) was so awesome, I had to read the second - no question about it.

Plot: Action-packed and full of adventure, this book does not disappoint. Following two different characters - one of Solange's brothers (Logan) and a Hound named Isabeau - there's the same new romance and it follows the arc of the first story line, just from a different point of view. Another great aspect was the flashbacks into Isabeau's past - having survived the French Re
Elizabeth
Source: I own a copy of this book.

Note: These are my personal opinions. I received no outside person comments or opinions.

Much like the first book, I really loved all the action and suspense in every chapter. It kept me on edge and engaged in the book. I just know by after reading the second book its going to be a great series. Its just too bad this series isn't more popular.

The first book was written in two POVs and like that book this one is too. Although, this book is told from the POVs of tw
Novels On The Run
Nov 08, 2010 Novels On The Run rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michelle's Review:

'Blood Feud', is the 2nd book in The Drake Chronicles series. I really enjoyed reading it. Again a great little YA read.

This book is Isabeau St. Croix's story and Logan is there for her. Isabeau is a Cwn Mamau , a handmaiden to Kala the Hound Shamanka. Isabeau is driven by her revenge for the man who left her in a coffin for over 200 years, saved by Kala's Hounds.

Liam and Helena are to be the new King and Queen of the Vampires and need to keep the peace that is wavering betwe
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of AllThingsUrbanFantasy.blogspot.com

BLOOD FEUD is the second book in The Drake Chronicles and delivers up another romantic adventure. As in Hearts At Stake, there are two protagonists and the chapters alternate between them, this time it is Solange's brother Logan Drake and Isabeau, a Hound princess.

I had some issues with the cover of the first Drake Chronicles book, and while this one is a marked improvement, the cover model is a huge miss for Isabeau. She is described in the b
Mishma
Dec 29, 2015 Mishma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I am probably going to make a lot of fans angry by this review.So if you are a person who loved this book,maybe you should not read this.As Blood Feud was one of the books that made me go "you've got be kidding me."

Because after reading the amazing book Hearts at Stake,you can't blame me for expecting so much from Blood Feud.I thought that it will be packed with adventure,romance and wonderful characters.

But what I got is a really boring heroine(at least to me) and a Drake brother who wears froc
Midnight
Jan 09, 2011 Midnight rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I didn't add this book after I finished reading it. I really enjoy this series. I like really like the Drake family, and I like the twist added to the vampire characteristics and the how, in this family, they become vampires. Even the different variety of vampires is interesting. Of course, the love story is also fun. With the Drake children, love never runs smoothly. And of course, we still get to see Lucy and Nicholas.

In this second book in the series, the romance revolves arou
A Leisure Moment
description

I couldn’t wait to enter into the Drake’s world again; the first time I read it and when I chose to reread the books. Instead of switching between Lucy and Solange, like Hearts at Stake, the second installment, Blood Feud, alternated between Logan Drake, one of Solange’s older brothers, and Isabeau, a 232-year-old Hound. When Isabeau showed up at the caves for the coronation she was immediately drawn to Logan for his knowledge in ettique and his sense of style. Their love grew slowly, and she ha
Wee Shubba's World
Alyxandra Harvey is becoming one of my favourite YA authors. The Drake Chronicles are nothing short of amazing. They are fun, sassy, witty and explosive.

Blood Feud follows the story of Isabeau and Logan. Both vampires but Logan was born a vampire and Isabeau was made and left buried for two hundred years. Now she is out for revenge on the man to made her into a vampire. But there is one small thing getting in her way, Logan Drake.

The second in the Drake Chronicles is every bit as wicked as book
Destiny
I'm not really into reading vampire stories after the Twilight Saga but I received a copy of Ruling Passion (My Love Lies Bleeding, Blood Feud and Out for Blood) for an award.

This book is split between the POV's of Logan and Isabeau, with Isabeau's POV weaving between the present day and her time as a human during the French Revolution.

As all Drake boys, Logan was clearly a gentleman and fell for Isabeau faster than Solange for Kieran. Logan is very sweet in his internal thoughts about Isabeau.
Lady Allison
Feb 08, 2011 Lady Allison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, vamps
The second installment of the Drake Chronicles follows another Drake brother, Logan, and the Hound princess, Isabeau. The Hounds are a more earthy vampire sect that live in caves, use magic, and dogs are their companions and fellow warriors. They are attempting a treaty now that the Drake family has taken over the monarchy, but before real talk begins, the war that was started in the first book revisits them as revenge and evil vampires try to take the crown and Solange.

I enjoyed Logan, he was
J.Elle
Jan 09, 2012 J.Elle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
July Book #7: Well, this book decided it for me. I won't be pursuing any more books in this series as they come out. It's just not done well enough or different enough for me and it lacked the real sexual tension of the first book, so it had even less going for it. This book focuses on one of the boys in the rather large Drake family. (I wonder if we can expect one book for each child?) As the Drake's attempt to settle in as the royal family and make peace with other vampire clans, they find the ...more
Danigerous
This book was so much better than the first one in the series. The first part "My Love Lies Bleeding", otherwise known as "Hearts at Stake" was all fluffy mindless teenage stuff. This one, however, has a lot more consistent writing and an actual story, instead of the perpetual whining and the Romeo and Juliet like rendition, nothing against Romeo and Juliet, but Shakespeare has already done it, it's over, leave it alone.
Now back to the novel at hand, it's centered around Isabeau St. Croix and L
where was duncan 2 20 May 29, 2012 02:41PM
where was duncan 5 24 Feb 13, 2012 08:36AM
vampire fans!!: blood feud 2 7 Oct 22, 2011 10:55AM
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Dark Guardian, #4)
  • Almost to Die For (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #1)
  • Slayed
  • The Hunt (Dark Touch, #2)
  • Love Sucks!
  • Vampire Crush
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Night Life (Vamps, #2)
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
  • Crave (Crave, #1)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
  • The Den of Shadows Quartet (Den of Shadows, #1-4)
  • Fangs for Freaks (Half-Blood Vampires, #2)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
  • The Vampire Stalker
3020684
www.alyxandraharvey.com

Alyxandra Harvey lives in a stone Victorian house in Ontario, Canada with a few resident ghosts who are allowed to stay as long they keep company manners. She loves medieval dresses, used to be able to recite all of The Lady of Shalott by Tennyson, and has been accused, more than once, of being born in the wrong century. She believes this to be mostly true except for the fac
More about Alyxandra Harvey...

Drake Chronicles (6 books)
  • My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)

“Exactly. These guys just want me to play Snow White singing in her little cottage while they do all the work.'
Lucy snorted. 'Snow White and the Seven Buttheads. You could give Disney a run for their money.'
Nicholas poked her in the ribs. 'I am not a singing dwarf!'
'No, you're a butthead. Weren't you paying attention?”
198 likes
“Where's Lucy?" I asked the others.
"At the farmhouse," Nicholas said with grim satisfaction.
"How'd you manage that?"
"She's in a closet." Solange rolled her eyes.
I stared at Nicholas. "You locked your girlfriend in a closet? Smooth."
"She's going to eviscerate him," Quinn said cheerfully.”
166 likes