Start by marking “Alternative Treatment” as Want to Read:
Alternative Treatment

Alternative Treatment

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  278 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Nolan Daniel's got these one hundred hours of community service nailed, just as soon as he nails the handsome Dr. Mark Harrison, who controls Nolan's time served. His sizable ego takes a hit when Mark rejects his advances in no uncertain terms. What did Nolan expect from a man of privilege? Mark's the good boy who always plays by the rules, always does what's expected of h ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Alternative Treatment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alternative Treatment

Daisiemae
Claire Thompson’s books are a hit or miss with me. I have come to the conclusion that I am not a big fan of her BDSM themed books, but I really like the contemporary romances that I have read by her. Since the book, Alternative Treatment, is one of her contemporaries, I really loved it.

Nolan Daniels has been court ordered to a hundred hours of community service for driving under the influence of alcohol. He knew better than to get behind the wheel after having a few drinks, but a fight with his
Lily
Dr. Mark Harrison is working as the Director at one of his family's nursing homes although he'd much rather be practicing medicine than doing paperwork. In the closet and frustrated with his life he's immediately drawn to the new volunteer at work, Nolan Daniels. Nolan is a paramedic assigned to do 100 hours of community service for a DUI he committed when he responded to an ex-boyfriend's suicide threat while out drinking.

When they first meet they are each immediately attracted to the other. Ma
JenMcJ
A well thought out and written book. Mark and Nolan make a good team once Nolan knocks the chip off his shoulder.

Be warned, Nolan is a little hard to like. He is very human. He is no idealized version of man. He thinks the selfish thoughts that we all think sometimes and does some thoughtless things...but he really does strive to be a better person. He eventually comes to recognize some of his worst traits and works at improving himself.

Where Nolan is flawed and searching, Mark is idealized a
Gigi
Ms. Thompson did not disappoint! While it took awhile to get these, this was a sweet story of a two men lost in their own misery, not really knowing what they were searching for. I actually gave it 5 stars right after reading it and then slept before this review, and then dropped it down to 4 stars in the morning because (view spoiler). *shrugs* Not the author's fault, it was a very valid plot point, ...more
Elisa Rolle
There is a serial romance genre called Medical Romance; it was very popular in the ’70 & ’80, usually the story of an handsome doctor falling in love for his collaborator, a young nurse of well-breed but more or less poor like Cinderella. Alternative Treatment takes a spin on this plot, but it doesn’t go so far away: Mark is indeed an handsome doctor, wealthy and young, the perfect bachelor; but on the contrary of the Medical Romance rules, he is not a playboy, he is practically a virgin, sc ...more
Trix
I was expecting something else out of the story. And what the book really delivered didn't impress me either. So I can only give it 2 stars.

For some unknown reason, I assumed the story would include BDSM elements. I read 1/3 looking for hints in that direction. After which it became apparent it was not that kind of story. I tried to focus on the characters and story but just couldn't really like them. (view spoiler)
A.B. Gayle
I actually prefer this one to her BDSM books. By taking more time in developing the realtionship and rounding out the characters, the book is a better balanced read.
Charly
Pretty good overall

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- Both guys are essentially tops, but they’re so into each other that they figure out the logistics of sex pretty quickly. Some of the sex scenes are also very tender.
- Mark’s calm, disarming responses to Nolan’s snarky comments about how different the two men are made me smile.
- There’s a coming out scene that’s a little painful because of people’s reactions to the news, but I couldn’t he
ARe Cafe
Ms. Thompson has created very engaging characters in this book. They’re not necessarily likable at first but they are real. Both men face challenges and obstacles in their lives. Neither can go forward because of their pasts. Their strengths and weaknesses show themselves in their actions and reactions. Nolan and Mark connect on a visceral level. I love their honesty and their determination. This is no fairy tale romance, it’s a love story filled with private fears, big mistakes and a steep lear ...more
Td
Familiarity with this author's work might have gotten in the way. I was reminded of scenes from some of her other books on a few occasions. I liked the book, just didn't feel like anything memorable, new or different. It felt a bit too familiar and almost got too preachy.
Readers Roundtable
I loved the give and take between these two men and found Alternative Therapy to be a great story with awesome chemistry and relatable characters. To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://thereadersroundtable.com/eroti...
FloJ
need more stars.This is more 3.5 but not 4 because not too taxing. A good story though.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Okay read. While I liked Mark, I didn't care much for Nolan for most of the book.
Rosie
This was an easy read...sometimes I just love a nice, sweet story...sigh..
ED
3.5 more likely.
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
  • Second Sight
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Beyond the Norm
  • My Father's Lover
  • Letting In the Light
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
  • True Colors (True Colors, #1)
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Roughstock: And a Smile- Season One (Roughstock, #3)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Precious Ache
  • Easy
I have published erotic fiction and romance since 1996. My work includes the sensual exploration of D/s and erotic romance, as well as the darker side of BDSM. My work includes in-depth exploration of both m/f and m/m relationships, in the context of romance and D/s. I have published over fifty novels and short stories, both in print and ebook format.
It is important to me to write about real peop
More about Claire Thompson...
Handyman (Handyman #1) Polar Reaction Accidental Slave Obsession: Girl Abducted Enslaved