Start by marking “Shooting Gallery (An Art Lover's Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shooting Gallery (An Art Lover's Mystery, #2)
Preview

Shooting Gallery (An Art Lover's Mystery #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  360 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Modernism isn't Annie's thing, but even she is surprised to discover that the "sculpture" in a prestigious gallery's grisly new exhibition is an all-too-real corpse-the artist's. Meanwhile, a Chagall painting is stolen from the Brock Museum, and Annie's old friend Bryan is accused of being in on the fix.

To track down the missing Chagall, she'll need the dubious assistance
Kindle Edition
Published October 3rd 2006 by Signet (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Shooting Gallery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shooting Gallery

Patty
Again, really a 2.75, but I am still a sucker for anything to do with art or art history. Now I have narrowed down my issues with this series. When faced with a myriad of crucial decisions, she makes the wrong one- every single time. Why make someone who is supposed to be smart so stupid? It is annoying. How can we be expected to believe that she is attractive to two sexy men, when all she talks about is how awful she looks? Aside from paint-spattered denim overalls and "frizzy" hair, we get no ...more
Diane
Annie Kincaid is the owner of a successful faux finishing business. She constantly is fighting her inner ‘genetic’ demon. You see her grandfather is the most want art forger in the world. He is always involved in art theft schemes and Annie has an inner voice that tries to push her into the exciting world of her grandfather.

Somehow Annie frequently finds herself in the right place at the wrong time. At the very beginning of the book Annie is at the opening of a “swanky” new art gallery where sh
Kristen
In the 2nd installment of Hailey Lind's Art Lovers cozy mystery series, Shooting Gallery, Annie Kincaid returned to solve another art theft mystery. When she discovered a modern-looking sculpture, she couldn't believe it was the dead body of the artist. That's when a Chagall painting went missing as Annie's friend Bryan was accused of the crime. At the same time Annie's mother showed up acted strange, she needed the assistance of Michael, a sexy art thief to track down the painting and the kille ...more
Diane Rapport
This is the second book in the Art Lovers Mystery series, and it has a little bit of everything: stolen artwork, art forgeries, murder, smuggling, arms deals and two gorgeous men vying for the attention of Annie Kincaid, art expert. Annie is a smart girl but (as another reviewer pointed out), she makes consistently bad choices. She is all over the place in this book, stumbling into solutions rather than using her brain. There is so much going on that I found it hard to follow. At times, I forgot ...more
Annie
I don't usually read mysteries but this series of three books featuring Annie Kincaid, granddaughter of a famous French art forger is really fun. especially because she lives and works in the Bay Area. They're quick reads for those times when you just want to have some fun.
Patricia
This is the second entry in the Art Lover’s Mystery series, formerly called the Annie Kincaid Mystery series. While the action in this novel follows the conclusion of the previous by about 6 months, this is not a standalone. Very little of the backstory established in the first novel is repeated but is necessary to fully understand the current dynamics.

The story opens about a week before Thanksgiving with Annie in attendance at the opening of a new metal sculpture exhibit at Anthony Brazil’s gal
Marla
I love this series! Love the details about art in addition to the well-crafted mystery.
Kitty
Better than the first! More humor, good character development. Great series!
Shirley
Another great one in this series--will next be reading the final one so far.
Dharia Scarab

4 sta
Judy  at Musings and Ramblings
This is the second book in the Art Lover's Mystery by Hailey Lind. This story opens with Annie Kincaid finding a body hanging in a tree a the Brock Museum during a sculptural exhibit. As it turns out, it is the body of the sculptor of the exhibit. While the police are there investigating, a group wandering through another exhibit becomes over wrought from Stendhal Syndrome, and faints. This additional commotion allows for a painting to be removed and stolen right off the wall. One of Annie's goo ...more
Mark Baker
While attending a showing for a sculptor, Annie Kincaid discovers a body swinging from a tree. To make things more puzzling, her own mother seems to have a connection to the dead person. This is a wild cozy caper with plenty of twists and great characters.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Mary E Elasowich
Just fun and learn some art

Any Juliet Blackwell/Hailey Lind books are fun, intelligent and witty. Read all of them so far. Hope she/they keep writing.
Sara
Annie Kincaid, former art forger and current faux-finisher, finds herself involved in a new mystery when a sculptor is found dead at his own art show and another sculptor she knows refuses to answer her questions or return his artwork to its lawful owners. The story was fast-paced, and although there was a lot going on, it was easy to follow. Quite an entertaining read! I enjoyed some of the ridiculous situations Annie got herself into (very Stephanie Plum-ish) and the way the mystery kept me gu ...more
Tori
The second book in this series is just as entertaining as the first. It's nice to come back to familiar characters. In this story, Annie Kincaid adds a few new pals to her group, gets to know Michael and Frank better, learns some interesting facts about her mom, and solves a few more murders. Action is fast paced, dialogue is witty. I enjoy reading about places in the bay area that i am familiar with. I kind of scratched my head in one part, when I-5 seemed to be headed somewhere kind of odd.... ...more
J
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

Light romantic mystery "niche" series, with niche being San Francisco art world. Nice connections between one volume and the next, but no need to read the priors to enjoy any single volume.

To me, the art tips at end of each book on how to faux-finish are superfluous -- a dumb tribute of some sort to Nora Ephron, or whichever author was the first to include recipes, etc. as a complement to a novel's subject matter.

Don't necessarily care for the art-related puns in the book
Susan
In her San Francisco studio, Annie Kincaid struggles to not emulate her grandfather, a gifted art forger. However, escaping her talent is hard work. In addition to discovering a corpse in a modern art exhibition, she is on the trail of a stolen Chagall, with the dubious collaboration of her mysterious art thief friend, who might be named Michael. In her spare time, she attempts to convince a curmudgeonly sculptor to return a work that was entrusted to him for repair. Breezy and funny, a good rea ...more
Kriss
Adored..loved..Juliet Blackwell (as Hailey Lind) does it just the right dash of everything that for me names for a fantastic adventure throughout one of my favorite cities in the US!

Juliet is becoming one of my favorite authors for cozies and I am thrilled to have all of these in the series. If you liked Juliet's newer series do not miss this one! Her protagonist has a flare for the fantastic and has a tendency to be mayhem magnet!

AWESOME series!
Bruce
This wasn't as good as the first entry in the series. The authors are heading into Janet Evanovich territory; our once competent Annie is starting to resemble Stephanie Plum in her hapless approach to her problems. They are also introducing far too many supporting characters. We'll see if this is just a sophomore slump when the third book in the series is released in early July.
Deb Yates Bunnell
Easy going, mind-candy kind if mystery. Short on character development, but interesting twists in the plots. Great book for a cold winter afternoon.
Tracey
This second book was 'okay' but I still feel like the mystery part of story is unfinished even though I reached the end. There was more build up on the characters and Annie's personality is still refreshing to read.

I will move on to the next book and hope that the mystery keeps my interest more.

Sandy
Liked it! Although, this was the first book I read, it's #2 in the series. Reminds me a little of the Stephanie Plum books except this chick deals with the art world instead of the bail bond agent world.
Glenn Harris
The second in the Art Lovers mystery series. The plot occasionally depends too much on bad decisions by our heroine, but it's a well-written and generally entertaining book.
Staci McLaughlin
This was a very enjoyable book. I would have liked a little more focus on the murder, but the characters were lots of fun and the writing was excellent.
Mimi
a good fun quick read about a very strong female artist who solves crimes and gets into lots of trouble. A 3.5
Heather
i enjoy these art lover's mysteries when you want a quick, easy read. wish they had a bit more "depth" though.
Diane Vallere
I love this series. This one is like "Thomas Crowne Affair" meets "How To Steal A Million". Pure fun!
JoAnne
Had a bit of a slow start, but once it got going was a quick and enjoyable read!
Sophiene
This is a fun series, you learn something about art and how to make it or fake it... ;-))
Deb
Annie Kincaids's antics are hilarious She reminds me of Stephanie Plum.
  • Murder On The House (A Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #3)
  • Nine Lives Last Forever (The Cats and Curios Mystery Series, #2)
  • Cooking Up Trouble (Angie Amalfi, #3)
  • Armed and Glamorous (Crime of Fashion, #6)
  • Fire Engine Dead (Museum, #3)
  • Dial Om for Murder (Mantra for Murder, #2)
  • Murder Uncorked (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • The Brim Reaper (Style & Error Mystery, #3)
  • Spackled and Spooked (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #2)
  • The Ghost and the Bogus Bestseller (Haunted Bookshop Mystery #6)
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • Paper-Thin Alibi (Craft Corner, #3)
  • A Deal to Die For (Good Buy Girls, #2)
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • The Bernini Bust (Jonathan Argyll, #3)
  • Hijack in Abstract (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #3)
  • Cropped to Death (Faith Hunter Scrap This Mystery, #1)
  • Murder Unmentionable (Sweet Nothings, #1)
This is a psuedonym for the author Juliet Blackwell and her cowriter/sister Carolyn.
More about Hailey Lind...

An Art Lover's Mystery (4 books)
  • Feint Of Art (An Art Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Brush With Death (An Art Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Arsenic and Old Paint (An Art Lover's Mystery, #4)
Feint Of Art (An Art Lover's Mystery, #1) Arsenic and Old Paint (An Art Lover's Mystery, #4) Brush With Death (An Art Lover's Mystery, #3)