Start by marking “Most Likely To Die” as Want to Read:
Most Likely To Die

Most Likely To Die

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  2,750 ratings  ·  109 reviews

New York Times bestselling authors Lisa Jackson, Beverly Barton, and Wendy Corsi Staub join forces to create a thrilling novel about love, revenge, and the dark secrets three women hold to a terrifying murder...

Published February 1st 2007 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Most Likely To Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Most Likely To Die

Most Likely To Die contains three connected stories by three different authors. Part One: Kristen, by Lisa Jackson, was my least favorite of the three, and I would only rate it three stars. To be fair, it may have been my least favorite because of the way it had use so much space to introduce most of the characters and set up the story. I did find Kristen and Ross Delmonico, the main characters in this part of the story, to be likeable, but I felt that their story together wasn't given enough de ...more
Dikarang oleh 3 pengarang thriller-romance yang berbeda membuat buku ini menarik untuk dibaca. Menceritakan kehidupan 3 orang wanita, masing2 dikisahkan oleh pengarang yang berbeda dan di bagian terakhir diceritakan pertemuan dalam acara reuni dan pengungkapan siapa pembunuh yang sebenarnya.

Sebenarnya menebak pembunuh yang dicari2 tidak sukar, sekitar separuh buku sudah dapat ditebak tetapi kisah mengenai romance dari ketiga wanita tersebut membuat buku ini tetap sangat menarik untuk dibaca.
Plot was given away about 1/2 way through the book with little surprises left once you figure out who is wrecking the havoc on the high school classmates. Too many predictable reunions. Only redeeming entertainment value was that book was written in 3 sections by 3 different authors, so there's some fun to be had in trying to find inconsistencies and differences in style throughout.
This book did not keep my interest, i dont know if it was the combined writing styles or maybe I was not in the mood for a murder mistery?, I will probally try reading this again.
Interesting concept: three authors, one novel, which worked pretty well with these women, whose writing styles are similar enough to provide some continuity. There were a couple of twists along the way that made for interesting subplots and, of course, the big reveal at the climax of the story for those who hadn't already figured everything out. My only complaint is that there was a late development that did not seem to fit and felt more like something thrown in to tie up a few loose ends. Other ...more
aku cuma suka bagian Beverlynya doang..
yg lain agak kurang ngena hahah
This Book has three parts written by three different authors: Lisa Jackson, Beverly Barton, and Wendi Corsi Staub. I like the part written by Beverly Barton the most and the part by Wendi Corsi Staub the least.
The beginning of the story reminds me of Fear Street series by R.L. Stine because the setting was in high school.
It's not hard to guess who the murderer was. When reading the second part I already knew who did it but I still enjoyed reading it.
Overall I think this is a good book but not as
Kris - My Novelesque Life

It's been twenty years since the night Jake Marcott was brutally murdered at St. Elizabeth High School. It's a night that shattered the lives of Lindsay Farrell, Kirsten Daniels, and Rachel Alsace. It's a night they'll never forget. A killer will make sure of that...

A 20-year reunion has been scheduled for St. Elizabeth's. For some alumni, very special invitations have been sent: their smiling senior pictures sla
Terri Lynn
I have read books by Lisa Jackson and Wendy Corsi Staub but none by Beverly Barton and after this book written by this trio, I doubt if I would ever read anything by Beverly Barton.

This books is about a group of women in 2006 who are having a 20 year reunion- their first ever- of their graduation from a girls' Catholic school in 1986. They had not kept in touch over the years and the reason why is that so many of them were infatuated with bad boy and supercreep Jake Marcott who was murdered at t
Angela Blount
I'll admit from the start, I'm not a huge murder mystery fan. On the whole, this wasn't a bad book. Well built suspense kept me reading. I had some difficulty with becoming attached to most of the characters. In part, because I had trouble grasping how one shady young man, however handsome, could have ended up idealized in the minds of that many teenage the point of contributing to failing areas of their lives even two decades after being devastated by his death.

They gave away the mur
Sep 03, 2012 Louise rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people in a coma
I found this book in the airport and picked it up because I'd forgotten a book of my own to read. It immediately became apparent why the previous reader had left it on the bench. Wow, was it bad! From the improbable setting of a convent in Portland, Oregon, to the blatant, almost racist, tokenism of the characters (including a fat Mexican girl who loves jalapenos on her pizza), this book was an example of everything a good writer should not do. I laughed out loud when the killer -- yes, that's h ...more
3.5 stars. The premise having 3 authors write 3 parts of the same book was interesting and it almost worked. If there were more twists in the plot, I would give Lindsay, by Wendy Corsi Staub and Beverly Barton's Rachel part 4's, but only a 3 for Lisa Jackson's Kristen.

* Romance stories intermingled with murder mystery
* Interesting three main characters: Kristen Delmonico, Lindsay Farrell - NYC event planner, and Rachel Alsace - police officer
* Police officer point of view of investigation
Cheryl "Mash"
Most Likely To Die by Lisa Jackson, Wendy Corsi Staub, Beverly Barton (Rating 5)
EBook purchased by me
Twenty years ago at the Valentine's Dance hosted by an all female small high school, St. Elizabeth's there was a gruesome murder which was never solved. Since the school will be leveled, a small committee of alumnae are planning for their 20 yr reunion even though they have never resolved their feelings of that night so long ago but then one by one they are dying, is it an accident or is it
Nov 13, 2007 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested :]
Tidy Hiby
Portland, Oregon. Pesta dansa malam valentine di SMA Katolik St. Elizabeth berubah menjadi mimpi buruk. Jake Marcott sang casanova ditemukan tewas terbunuh. Tubuhnya tertancap di di pohon dengan anak panah tepat menghujam jantung. Sang pembunuh, yang dijuluki The Cupid Killer, tak pernah tertangkap.
Setelah 20 tahun berlalu, The cupid Killer kembali beraksi. Sasaranya adalah cewek-cewek yang ada hubunganya dengan Jake Marcott. Dengan mengirim undangan reuni yang ditambah dengan "tanda maut" di fo
the way Lisa Jackson tells story of three main characters in this novel is quite entertaining. it's like we're taken to travel to three places where each of it containing one woman who have suffered from horrible high school moment. unfortunately, i couldn't find this book thrilling. the story about each main character's romance life is taking this novel way too far out of the theme. predictability in this novel is caused by the usual 'the most unlikely murderer is the murderer' type. Lisa Jacks ...more
T.M. Carper
I wasn't sure what to expect given that three popular authors were a part of the book. However, the book was split into thirds, with each author handling one-third of the storytelling primarily from the POV of one character. The three main characters were Kristen, Lindsay, and Rachel.

The reunion actually doesn't happen until near the end of the third part. There are bits from the killer's POV throughout the novel and several very good suspects. I wasn't entirely sure who was the killer until the
Now this was a good one. Three different authors, but you almost can't tell a difference. All three stories are connected together, a strong connection, not like a series. All three authors nailed it with their writing, the sexual tension, the fear, the hope, the suspense, the action... A story well told, glueing you to the page. I really had a hard time putting this one down! If you like Lisa Jackson, you've got to read this. It's not just her, but it doesn't matter - all three parts of the sam ...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
I liked the mystery aspect the most. Trying to figure out who the killer was and being stumped when my suspect was killed off. It had a great pace that really made the book a non-stop read.
wasn't hard to figure out who was the killer but, it was still an amazing read. It was interesting to see how Lisa would plot the killers stories and justify the persons reason for such a sick plot. I enjoyed how the story was broken down into each characters life so you can see how they drifted apart from each other and how they soon came back together slowly.
A classic murder mystery told in multiple character perspectives with a few flashbacks into the past, this novel is a spellbinding tour through the drama and back-stabbing of teenaged girls, the tragic early murder of a teenaged boy, and the incidents that all culminate with a 20 year high school reunion. When a teenaged boy is killed in 1986 at a Valentine's dance and the killer escapes detection, twenty years later the murders of several women will draw attention back to the original death. Wh ...more
Brilliant Hermione
Kolaborasi apik tiga pengarang suspense ternama yang sayang untuk dilewatkan. Setiap penulis memiliki tokoh utama dan bagian cerita tersendiri yang terangkai sempurna.
This book was difficult to get into.. I thought at the end when they revealed who the killer was... that they could have come up with a better way of telling who the killer was...
William Malmborg
I didn’t mind that I figured out who the killer was fairly quickly into this book. What I didn’t care for was all the repetitive inner dialogue about how the killer was going to make the women pay. It just seemed excessive and over the top. I also thought it odd that the three main women characters would so easily fall into the arms of the three men, the first being with her husband who she was on the verge of divorcing, the other two being men they hadn’t seen since high school. I don’t doubt t ...more
Beth Lechman
Lisa Jackson keeps you guessing as to who the killer is up to the very end. Just when you think you have it figured out there is a new twist.
Carrie Garza
Read this one a while back. It is a collaboration, and as always with anything Lisa Jackson, very good.
Jennifer Gelert
I loved the fact that writer got a chance to write on each of the 3 main characters. A murder at a high school Valentine's Dance with a crossbow. Jake's killer was not found and a whole senior class was in shock. 20 years later they are planning a 20 yr class reunion and it seems the killer has returned. I was so excited because about 40 pages near the end I finally pegged the killer. I had a few pages of doubt but in the end I was right. That shows you how good these writers are. Not being tota ...more
Mungkin..mungkin karena buku ini ditulis 3 orang yang berbeda.
Part 1-2-3 gak terlalu nyambung. Kayaknya pada awal cerita penulis belum punya ide siapa yang mau dijadikan penjahat. Terus waktu pertengahan, ide itu muncul. And...dari yang awalnya misterius jadi yang ketebak banget siapa si jahat itu.
Untuk jenis cerita misteri/detektif/romans, buku ini setengah-setengah. Masih jauh dari Sidney Sheldon yang walo banyak sinis sama manusia, tetep harus diakui jago bikin cerita yang gak ketebak pembaca
Great thriller, but a little too obvious as to who the murderer was and the reasoning behind it. It has some good anxiety moments, but nothing too scary.
A suspense book written by three different authors. I liked the book and thought the story flowed nicely between the three separate chapters. Kept my interest.
  • Every Move She Makes
  • Don't Scream

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver. She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a nationa

More about Lisa Jackson...