Start by marking “Introductory Logic for Christian and Home Schools” as Want to Read:
Introductory Logic for Christian and Home Schools

Introductory Logic for Christian and Home Schools

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Logic is the art of reasoning well—of learning to think God's thoughts after Him. In this book, directed toward junior-high students, Douglas Wilson and James Nance lay the proper foundation of reasoning in the truth of God, and go on to train students in the crucial skills of defining terms, recognizing basic types of statements, arguing with syllogisms, arguing in ordina ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Canon Press (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Introductory Logic for Christian and Home Schools, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Introductory Logic for Christian and Home Schools

While this book covers the material for an introduction to logic, it does not do so in a manner that enables learning. Nance's approach seems to be introducing the material in a succinct way and then expecting the students to regurgitate the text verbatim for the test. The book would have been better if it included more exercises with each section and was written in a more conversational style, with more examples for each concept. The tests would be better if they focused on understanding and kn ...more
Laura Verret
This was an excellent volume from which I learned the rudiments of logic. I especially enjoyed the parts which spoke about (1) the five rules which test the validity of a syllogism, (2)Invalid forms of mixed hypothetical syllogisms, and (3) Informal Fallacies or 'street-fighting' logic. And I just adore the square of opposition!
Argin Gerigorian
Good stuff from Wilson and Nance.

The best place to start for a book on logic. The authors chew the material and feed it to you.

It comes with a workbook to help you further remember the material.

Recommended for high-schoolers and early college students...or really smart middle-schoolers. :)

Probably two and a half stars because I didn't like how you had to memorize definitions for the tests, how the sentences were overtly Christian and sometimes strange and confusing, and how it was sometimes hard to see how everything that was taught applied to real life.
I loved learning logic last school year, and I thought this book was understandable and perspicuous in its teaching of the subject. It had good exercises although some of the statements were incorrect. However, it would have been better if they had more real life examples.
Steven Wedgeworth
This is a great introduction textbook. My criticisms are that there are not enough exercises/assignments, and so I found myself needing to make up more for my class. It also comes out weak on theory, but for a Jr. High text it works well.
Mar 11, 2008 Paul rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: logic
Good little primer on classical, Aristotelian logic.

Best suited for children.
Brenda Cregor
I am still irrational.
Fam is currently reading it
Oct 05, 2015
Kayla M.
Kayla M. marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Vicki marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Sri marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
BaseCampFamLibrary marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
CM_Resource_Room marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Kevin marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Min Lee
Min Lee marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Hussein marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Abby added it
Jan 29, 2015
Ben Wicks
Ben Wicks marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Chloe added it
Mar 16, 2015
Guyann Bracken-fay
Guyann Bracken-fay marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Intermediate Logic for Christian and Home Schools Introductory Logic: Answer Key (4th edition) Introductory Logic Test Booklet Intermediate Logic Tests (Mars Hill Intermediate Logic) Introductory Logic: For Christian Private & Home Schools (Student Guide)