Start by marking “Chic Simple Dress Smart Women: Wardrobes That Win in the New Workplace” as Want to Read:
Chic Simple Dress Smart Women: Wardrobes That Win in the New Workplace

Chic Simple Dress Smart Women: Wardrobes That Win in the New Workplace

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  41 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In these times of economic uncertainty, dressing to impress has never been so important. Chic Simple DRESS SMART-WOMEN guides the professional female to dress to find a job, to keep a job, and to get a better job. Drawing on interviews from top professionals and their own vast experience via their book line, AOL column, and InStyle monthly advice section, veteran style mav ...more
Published December 14th 2008 by Grand Central Publishing (first published September 30th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Chic Simple Dress Smart Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chic Simple Dress Smart Women

Desiree
Feb 09, 2010 Desiree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fashion, nonfiction
the world is a stupid, stupid place where personality and creativity are rewarded with squat, and looking like a cog in a machine is a good thing. barf.
makes me wish i lived in a world where i could have purple hair and a pierced face and people would still take me seriously. but this is not that world, and i am a "manager" in a business setting, so off i go to have my spirit squashed into a navy suit.
February Four
Sep 16, 2012 February Four rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For someone like me who can't tell business casual from business appropriate from business formal? This book is indispensable. The book's best features are its pictures and detailed lists of what's kosher and what's not, and of course, what people think of X, Y, and Z clothing. Granted, I will be making my own changes and tweaks to the suggestions, but I think this is the best set of guidelines I have ever seen for navigating the strange world of corporate attire, and as someone who has always h ...more
LadyS
Nov 25, 2015 LadyS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually, this book changed my life. It really helped me evaluate my spending habits on clothes. I wish I read this book a long time ago.
Cindy
Nov 19, 2014 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A good introduction to professional attire for women, but much of advice and most of the photos seem out of date.
Angel
Jan 23, 2011 Angel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gives pretty good advice around how to take your beginning work wardrobe and improve upon it as you and your career age. Definitely follows the theory, "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have"
Elizabeth
Jan 06, 2013 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
A rather basic book, but helpful to those just starting out in corporate life. If you've ever looked with envy at a well-dressed woman at work, and wanted to look like her, this book will help you get there.
Caryl
Jun 19, 2011 Caryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple, basic advice for dressing in the workplace. An easy read, with suggestions broken down into general job types.
Deb
Dress smart--women : wardrobes that win in the new workplace by Kim Johnson Gross (2002)
Lori Grant
A must-read book on personal branding as you manage your career.
Alina Piddubna
Alina Piddubna marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Dana
Dana added it
Jan 15, 2016
Joanna Katarzyna
Joanna Katarzyna rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Cathy Cole
Cathy Cole rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015
Victoria Ivicek
Victoria Ivicek rated it did not like it
Oct 07, 2015
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Paula
Paula rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Amy Parkison
Amy Parkison rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it liked it
May 02, 2015
Hannah Sheppard
Hannah Sheppard marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Michelle Goodman
Michelle Goodman marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Renea
Renea rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Elba Stewart
Elba Stewart marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
John
John rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Michelle Anne
Michelle Anne rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Tricia Panaro
Tricia Panaro marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Elizabeth Alarcón
Elizabeth Alarcón rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014