Start by marking “Moment of Truth (The Laws of Magic, #5)” as Want to Read:
Moment of Truth (The Laws of Magic, #5)

Moment of Truth (The Laws of Magic #5)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  246 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Aubrey has a difficult choice to make to save his friendswhen Albion erupts into war—and it could cost him his life

The war that has been looming for so long finally erupts, sending Albion and the continent into chaos. Aubrey, George, and Caroline are brought into a top-secret espionage unit and sent on a mission to investigate a mysterious magical facility on the Gallia–
Published July 1st 2011 by Random House Australia (first published August 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Moment of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moment of Truth

Aelvana
The long-dreaded war with Holmland has erupted, leaving the normally opportunistic Aubrey in a bit of a bind. With no clear objective, he decides to enlist---and promptly enters a world far different than any he ever imagined. Secrecy, plots, spies, and games have gone to a whole new level, and this time it's deadly serious right from the start.

When his nominally dangerous mission becomes critically unstable, though, Aubrey goes back to what he knows best: taking care of things himself. With the
Charlie
When war is declared, Aubrey, George and Caroline enlist in the Special Services, determined to do everything they can to restore peace. Aubrey and his espionage unit are sent into Gallia, near the border of Holmland, and told to monitor (from a distance) the magical outpourings from the town of Stalsfrieden. But when war comes to them in full force, the unit makes the decision to travel into Holmland and explore the town for themselves. What they discover in Stalsfrieden is a terrifying blend o ...more
Kathryn Wilson
Aubrey Fitzwilliam is getting something of a rude awakening when it comes to adulthood - he's going to war. It's happened - Albion has finally had to declare war on Holmland. Aubrey is thrown into work as a special operative at the Security Intelligence Directorate, where his magical skills are in demand.

It's not long before Aubrey and friends find themselves at the Gallian front, undertaking some serious work and seeing the impact of Dr Mordecai Tremaine's work on the Holmlander enemy forces.

I
Kate
May 24, 2015 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I loved this book beyond words... Aubrey, Caroline and George take us off on another rollicking adventure into the midst of War. As usual Michael Pryor has managed to capture the heart of adventure and finely tune it to create the ‘Moment of Truth’, as once I started reading it I could not put it down. The twists, turns and plot developments constantly kept me on my toes as Aubrey and his friends faced the challenges and expectation of wartime.

I shall not spoil this amazing book for anyone else,
Yvonne Boag
Albion is at war so of course the first thing Aubrey and George do is enlist. They are sent as spies to Gallia and are to remain undercover and prepare the way for a secondary, more experienced team. Naturally nothing goes as planned and Aubrey discovers that the Holmlanders are building a weapon so powerful it will be catastrophic to Albion. Aubrey of course can not simply hide and hope for the best but can he stop or at least delay without getting caught.

This is a great young adult series that
Kligy
Follows nicely from the previous books in the series. Characterization is consistant as the characters behave similarly as they do the earlier books. This is good but it sometimes allows for accurate predictions of behaviour in various circumstances. Enjoyed the series.
Hon Kar Yee
Lots of progress on the romance bit ;)

Interesting turn of events ...
Trisha
bring on 'hour of need'. How long do I have to wait???
Sharon Armstrong
Only disappointing thing was the change of cover art.
Bec
Incredibly fine writing by a master storyteller.
Veronica
The best one so far!
Tyler
it was awesome
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Oliver Andreasen
Oliver Andreasen marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
SmilingDork
SmilingDork marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Rachael Barnier
Rachael Barnier marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Minda Collins
Minda Collins marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Debbie Matthews
Debbie Matthews marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Kory Gauger
Kory Gauger marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Matthew Brohn
Matthew Brohn marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
  • A Plague of Bogles
  • The Museum of Mary Child
  • Song of the Slums
  • The Coming of the Whirlpool (Ship Kings, #1)
  • The Shiny Guys
  • The Locket of Dreams
  • Awakening (The Twins Of Saranthium, #1)
  • Tales from the Half-Continent (Monster Blood Tattoo, #3.5)
  • Solace and Grief (The Rare, #1)
  • The Bone Tiki (Aotearoa, #1)
  • The Disappearance of Ember Crow (The Tribe #2)
  • New Guinea Moon
  • The Red Wind (The Kingdom of the Lost #1)
  • Borderlands (Chasing the Valley #2)
  • Oracle
  • Pretty Girl
  • Tallow (Curse of The Bond Riders, #1)
  • Eat the Sky, Drink the Ocean
Michael Pryor's bio

I was born in Swan Hill, Victoria. I spent my childhood in country Victoria and Melbourne before moving to Geelong at the age of 10. I lived in Geelong until I went to university in Melbourne after secondary school.

I currently live in Melbourne with my wife Wendy and my two daughters Celeste and Ruby. I’ve worked as a drainer’s labourer, a truck driver, a bathroom accessories s
More about Michael Pryor...

The Laws of Magic (6 books)
  • Blaze of Glory (The Laws of Magic, #1)
  • Heart of Gold (The Laws of Magic, #2)
  • Word of Honour (The Laws of Magic, #3)
  • Time of Trial (The Laws of Magic, #4)
  • Hour of Need (The Laws of Magic, #6)
Blaze of Glory (The Laws of Magic, #1) Heart of Gold (The Laws of Magic, #2) Word of Honour (The Laws of Magic, #3) Time of Trial (The Laws of Magic, #4) Hour of Need (The Laws of Magic, #6)

“An ally in time of need is worth more than gold.
(Lady Rose quoting Scholar Tan)”
0 likes