Start by marking “The Gecko and Sticky: The Power Potion” as Want to Read:
The Gecko and Sticky: The Power Potion

The Gecko and Sticky: The Power Potion (The Gecko and Sticky #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Dave Sanchez (aka The Gecko) and his pet gecko (aka Sticky) are back in their fourth dangerous encounter with the dastardly treasure hunter Damien Black!

Thirteen-year-old Dave Sanchez is a daytime student, an after-school courier . . . and a secret superhero! So far Dave's been able to juggle his different roles. But in Dave's hands is the scariest package he's ever been a
Audio CD
Published June 8th 2010 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published December 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Gecko and Sticky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gecko and Sticky

Tami
The Gecko & Sticky are two of the most hilarious characters I have ever come across in literature. Sticky is the actual gecko and the “Gecko” is the superhero moniker of Sticky’s 13-year-old friend, Dave Sanchez. Confused? It makes sense when you read the book, whose tongue-in-cheek narrative style is full of asides and inside jokes for the reader.

The Gecko and Sticky actually make their first appearance within the pages of van Draanen’s four book Shredderman series–which I also highly recom
Jay
This was the funniest one so far, and I thought the prank used on the substitute teacher was genius, because it is exactly what could happen, it shows the consequences, and it became key to the plot. Plus, it was really really funny.

This installment from the series made me laugh aloud multiple times.
Emily
I wanted to love this, but the fact that I turned off the book and turned on the radio after a few minutes of listening several times...can't be ignored. I loved the alliteration and the story was ok, it just didn't suck me in. Also I thought it was the first book in the series...it wasn't.
Tanairis
this book was weird to me it had some werid words that i could'nt understand
Bjorn Parker
it was ok lots of movement and description pretty good book
Audrey Hoeschen
Audrey Hoeschen marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Juan
Juan marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Kristin Helms bosma
Kristin Helms bosma marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Mightyguy
Mightyguy marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Alexander Gloux
Alexander Gloux marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Shyanne Gillum
Shyanne Gillum marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Jennifer Priester
Jennifer Priester marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Van Draanen was born in Chicago, Illinois. One of her early influences was Dandelion Wine . According to the author, the book was "about the magic of growing up and [it] reminded me of all the wonderful mischief my brothers and I got into when we were young." Bradbury's work inspired Van Draanen to write How I Survived Being a Girl, which was published by HarperCollins in 1997. Other early influen ...more
More about Wendelin Van Draanen...
Flipped The Running Dream Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief Runaway Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy (Sammy Keyes, #3)