Start by marking “Orchard Valley Brides: Norah/Lone Star Lovin'” as Want to Read:
Orchard Valley Brides: Norah/Lone Star Lovin'

Orchard Valley Brides: Norah/Lone Star Lovin' (Orchard Valley #3-4)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  976 ratings  ·  55 reviews

Norah Bloomfield is feeling a bit unneeded these days. Her father is recovering from his heart attack, and her sisters, Valerie and Stephanie, are busy planning their weddings. But then a cantankerous Texan named Rowdy Cassidy crashes his small plane in Orchard Valley. The same Rowdy Cassidy who'd been Valerie's boss...and who'd demanded she marry him. Now he's Norah's pat
Published August 1st 2010 by Mira Books (first published July 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Orchard Valley Brides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orchard Valley Brides

Drebbles
“Orchard Valley Brides”, a sequel to “Orchard Valley Grooms”, consists of two previously published books by Debbie Macomber: “Norah”, first published in 1992 and “Lone Star Lovin’” first published in 1993.

Norah

Norah Bloomfield’s sisters Valerie and Stephanie have found true love but Norah is still looking for Mr. Right. She certainly doesn’t think it will be Valerie’s ex-boss Rowdy Cassidy, whom she meets after he crashes his small plane in Orchard Valley. Rowdy is cantankerous, stubborn, and pr
Doris
Having read Orchard Valley Grooms - the story on how the older two Bloomfield sisters found love - I simply had to find this book in order to find out the story of sister number three. And it involved a nice little twist ...
I have definitely come to love Debbie Macomber's writing and this book is no different. Her style is straight forward and her characters fleshed out to the nines - another author who's stories are often so involving and intriguing that I simply could not stop reading until I
Patricia Solla
This is the second of two books written about three sisters and a friend. The middle sister who has always been the homebody remaining in Orchard Valley with their father while the other sisters have travelled away from home. She meets her man in the most unusual way and finds love makes home anywhere. The friend has moved from Orchard Valley to make a new start for herself in Texas. She finds herself new friends and a new love in a small town full of interesting characters.
Holly
Though I have loved some of her books, I'm not a huge DM fan. She can be hit or miss for me. These are two short novels that were originally published in the early 90s.

I enjoyed both of them. Some of the notions were a little antiquated, but for the most part these novels are timeless.
Brandy *Ahviel*
Norah Bloomfield is feeling a bit unneeded these days. Her father is recovering from his heart attack, and her sisters, Valerie and Stephanie, are busy planning their weddings. But then a cantankerous Texan named Rowdy Cassidy who’d been Valerie’s boss…and who’d demanded she marry him. Now he’s Norah’s patient, and in all her nursing experience she’s never encountered a more difficult man. Or a more irresistible one! Except…is he still in love with her sister?

Okay when we first met Norah we had
Ryann Murphy
Have you ever been strongly attracted to someone against your better judgment? That's exactly what happens to the both heroines in the stories that make up Debbie Macomber's Orchard Valley Brides, another of the Harlequin Big Summer Reads.

In Norah, the heroine is working one last shift as an ER nurse before her sister's wedding the following day when the lone survivor of a private plane crash is rushed in. His injuries are serious and things get complicated when Norah realizes the man was flying
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This book was a continuation of the first "Orchard Valley Grooms," and I read it due to wondering about the third Sister, Norah.

Norah's love story was very predictable and pleasant. I zoomed through it due to knowing what was going to happen. This is unusual for me with a Debbie Macomber book.

However, the second half of the book was a new story about a friend of Norah's, Sherry, which we were briefly acquainted with from Valerie's romance in the first book. Now, I really enjoyed Sherry's tale. F
Lani
I should have read Orchard Valley Grooms first, but neither book was marked as part of a series. I assumed they were companion novels not part of a series so I read them out of order. I had a problem with the male leads. In both stories they seemed to be the same character-a Texas cowboy who didn't know how to express himself and wanted to marry a woman because he felt he had no other choice. I'm all for the change of pace and not having every guy be the most romantic man in the world, but both ...more
Elaine
I picked this book up at the grocery check-out since I had a 7 hour drive. It has two short stories in one book. I had enjoyed Macomber's Blossom Street series so I thought this book would be a good read for a long drive. Unfortunately, this book is not a good read. After reading just a few pages, one can see exactly how the story will end. There are no surprises and it was very boring. The author chose to stereotype the characters and write them as one dimensional. The only reason I finished th ...more
Heidi
I liked the first story. I would be a little hesitant to fall in love with Rowdy too. Especially since he seemed to like her sister so much.

I did not care too much for the one about Sherry. It seemed a little too far fetched for me. Plus I was in 4-H enough yrs to know that they do NOT have a project on getting your parents hitched. Not even as a self determined project. I did enjoy the character of Heather.
Stacey
Super quick and easy read. I do love reading Debbie Macomber books. They are very nice, feel good stories. I try to read one feel good story every 4 or 5 books, helps to clear the head with the other books - which also aren't very deep reads but do have more meat to them. Anyway, my point is that when I'm looking for this type of book, I find myself grabbing a Macomber book, and am never disappointed. Finished in two days. Couldn't put down, even though I already knew the standard formula: insta ...more
Alison Ross
Well what did I expect? Junk food/junk reading is enjoyable in moderation. :)
Ella
Enjoyed how the women stood up for what they wanted from stubborn men. it was a delightful read
Sarah Eisele
3.5 or 3.75 I think, overall. Worth a read.
Ruth Ellen
really enjoyed this book.good read.
Virginia Markhart
OK, so I lied about not reading the sequel to Orchard Valley Grooms. This one was actually a lot better. The first bride was Valerie and Stepanie's sister Norah. It was a fun read. She made quick work of Valerie's former boss who flew in from Texas and left with her heart.

Second story was about Sherry, a friend of Norah's who moved from Orchard Valley Oregon to Texas. Really fun read. Cowboy fell for her at first sight and could not handle it. Funny how the whole town got involved in the romance
Millie
Jul 17, 2012 Millie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

This title contains two books: "Norah" and "Lone Star Lovin' ". The first is not quite up to Macomber's usual standards. Too much of a pat romance format, though I did find the characters well drawn and individual. It was a relaxing read. Will add more after reading the second story still underway.

The second title was just very silly and a little boring.
Tiffany
Norah

I found this conclusion of the three sisters a cute read. I enjoyed Norah and Rowdy's characters. I wasn't expecting the two of them getting together when I read the first book in the series.

Lone Star Lovin'

It started out where I was really enjoying the story. I still liked the story but it sort of fizzled toward the middle until the end.

Dusty
I really like the books DM writes. However, I notice a pattern, almost, in them. The main male character of them is usually someone difficult to get along with. And the women are usually 'good' women who fall fot these 'bad' men. I liked this book. It was an easy read. I didn't know it was part of a series. So at times, I was confused.
Joy Gerbode
Two good romance stories, about friends, which relates the stories to one another, make up this book. Both are simple romances, with all the usual ups and downs you expect. They are both very good stories, and a very enjoyable read, nothing spectacularly different to make them stand out from all the rest.
Amos
of Walmart 8/6/2010, Planning to start reading tonight, after 9 pm 10/28/2010... finished first story "Norah" c 6 am 10/28\9/2010 started Lone Star c 7 pm 10/20/2010
comment that Texans will eat anything... tastebuds burnt out with chili peppers. pg 247... Hmm.
finis at 4 am 10/30/2010
Susan
I have to read one of Debbie Macomber's books every so often. They are very nice, feel good stories with clean romance. I need the light read to help to level out the deeper, more intense ones. I just love them even though I know basically what will happen, I enjoy the ride.
Lauri
Liked Orchard Valley Grooms better, but this was good. Biggest complaint was that the second story was full of eccentric characters who seem to feel free to comment on the characters lives. Characters to give a "local color"/eccentric tend to be a pet peeve of mine.
Barbi
I loved Norah's story! There were a couple of times in her story that I was just wanted to smack Rowdy upside the head. That just made me like the story that much more. I had already previously read the other story but it is still a good one.
Joyce
Great romantic stories - not my favorite but a nice switch from suspense! Easy reading and a little action included with a couple of turns and twists. Always know that they get together in the end but fun to read about the ride.
MsSmartiePants ...like the candy...
A good light Summer read. Something pleasant to enjoy relaxing in the sun or just before bed. This is an idealized view of romance, without the graphic sex, written for modern times. Leaves you with a smile in your heart!
Megan
Cheesy romance...blah blah blah...predictable plots...blah blah blah...horrible dialogue...blah blah blah...worst romance novels ever. I seriously rolled my eyes about 500 times while listening to this. So glad it is over....
Shelena
Great book. Two sweet love stories in one book. I check it out from the library and one of those books you can't put down because you've got to find out what happens. I look forward to reading more of her books.
Maggie
A delightfully easy summer read requiring turning the pages and just going with the stories. Unrealistic? But of course. Implausible? Again, but of course. Mindless fluff? OF COURSE! :-)
Nancy
This book brought to a conclusion the last of the three sisters that we met in Orchard Valley Grooms. Very entertaining and a nice love story.
  • Home at Rose Cottage: Three Down the Aisle\What's Cooking?
  • Sins of the Flesh (Sins, #2)
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)
  • The Sheriff's Runaway Bride (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #2)
  • Garrett (McKettricks of Texas, #2; McKettricks, #12)
  • Blue Skies
  • Nightingale Way (Eternity Springs, #5)
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Orchard Valley (3 books)
  • Valerie (Harlequin Romance, No 3232)
  • Stephanie: An Orchard Valley Story
  • Norah (Orchard Valley Trilogy)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)