Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)

Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  11 reviews
What’s my name?

With a twist of his body, Rhyl avoids being staked in the heart but not being shoved toward hell. Trapped between slabs of rock, he has to drink the blood of rats to survive. It’s a desperate fight to stay sane.

What did I do last night?

For eleven long years, Piper has awakened every morning with no idea of who or where she is. How can she find someone to lov...more
ebook
Published July 27th 2010 by Loose Id LLC

To ask other readers questions about Fight to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight to Remember

LMM
I really like Elsborg. She is pure escapist & despite the long & graphic & sex scenes (which are definitely hawt), she actually manages to weave a good plot in her stories & create characters you come to care about & root for.

I think her sex scenes are the most imaginative I've read & for me, the sexiest.

Her dialog is also very funny in a cute way but also very cheeky as I've mentioned before. For example she gives a nod to Sookie Stackhouse in this last one.

SPOILER -

P...more
Coyora Dokusho
I'm glad the epilogue did a quick check in from all the MC's from the series. Well, in the end, I kind of felt like it was a clumsily mended shirt. The author tried so hard to sew up the plot holes she left puckers all over the fabric.

Storm update: nothing much happened so far YAY THREE DAY WEEKEND
Fairyblood
Left on the edges of hell, Ryhl has forgotten who he is and why he has been left underground. He's a vampire starving for blood, and all he has is his lucky charm and his dreams.

One day at a time is all Piper has. With a rare condition, everyday she starts as a blank slate having to read her diaries everyday to tell her about her own life. Though her skills seem to always be there, which is a good thing since she's a tattooist.

Each fight might be his last, but at least Kier's family will be saf...more
Wicked Nyx
I enjoyed this book tremendously, the unique set-up, the unusual characters, the BDSM hotness...

Piper has short-term memory loss, so anything that happened yesterday she has to write down if she wants to remember it. She has stacks of notebooks and reminders for herself, but the tedium of reading about her own life is starting to make her look at ending it.

Rhyl has been trapped, starving for a very long time, and when something draws Piper to him, he can't help but take what he needs from her.

Ke...more
Lori Strongin
It's always a joy to read Barbara Elsborg's books, because her characters are that perfect blend of inviting and dangerous.

Piper's memory loss issues are such a unique trait for a main character. But rather than getting bogged down in a bunch of backstory and infodumping, Barbara shows her mastery of her craft by navigating both her MC and her readers through the scenes with delicious teases of information--just enough to keep us guessing, and more than enough to hook us all the way through.

And...more
MK
The questions that I ask on my review on the fourth book is answered. The supposed to be super climax of the story is cut-off and boring. Miss Elsborg likes her characters to have a last night when they think that it is the end for them, just like Worlds Apart. The only loophole that I have noticed is how does Piper get her notebook when it is described earlier that she doesn't have it with her when she is caught by Oz (Maybe I just hadn't read that part). The scenes are titillating but not over...more
MT
I have this on my to-read list because I haven't read it cover to cover, but I read a lot of it while formatting it before it was released. Barbara finally gives Rhyl his story and matches him with Keir, a shape-shifter forced to fight to the death in the ring to gain his freedom, and Piper, a tattoo artist with an undeniable artistic talent and a form of amnesia that makes her forget almost everything once she falls asleep. It's a fascinating premise that unfolds into a very satisfactory additi...more
Julianna
Loved the interesting things that Barbara thinks up! Really liked this one, the story was good and i really liked the characters. Wasn't a huge fan of Oz and the blow jobs/sex scenes that Keir had with him but otherwise really liked the story. Would have loved a little more at the end to wrap up the rest of the stories a little bit more but otherwise no complaints.
Missyb
Very funny, new characters again, but more tie in quicker to the other books. Piper is funny, and she fits well with Keir (Puma)& Rhyl (vampire), but takes a while to warm up to them all. Good mystery as to who's good or bad or both. Feels like a few stories going on, but most of them intertwine with each other.
Arlene Webb
Awesome plot with unforgetable characters such as Keir. This is a book to treasure and read again and again.
Aashna Shah
Aashna Shah marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Jami-leigh Ashcraft
Jami-leigh Ashcraft marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Alice Gottschall
Alice Gottschall marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Sweetpea41
Sweetpea41 marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Kimmy Helt
Kimmy Helt marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Coyote
Coyote marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Anabella Nardi
Anabella Nardi marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Sammy Jo
Sammy Jo marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Jessica Hamade
Jessica Hamade marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Madeleine
Madeleine marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Anita Moreira
Anita Moreira marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
  • Guilty as Sin (Phoenix Rising, #4)
  • Satyr's Myst (Satyr's Myst, #3)
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Enticement
  • Asylum (Sanctuary, #2)
  • Missing Linc
  • Belle Starr
  • Taming Her Wolf
  • Rebound (Heartwarming)
  • Dead Moon Rising
  • Welcome to the Underworld (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, #1)
  • Prides of the Moon (Bundle #1-5)
  • The Priestess (Wasteland, #4)
  • Between Tooth and Paw
  • Double Dare
  • Summer's Caress (Wolf’s Heritage, #2)
  • Fallen Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2)
  • Finding Chrissten (Legacy, #5)
Barbara Elsborg lives in West Yorkshire in the north of England. She always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed to everyone without them even resorting to torture, she decided it was not for her. Vulcanology scorched her feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, she spent several years successfully selling cyanide.

After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children a...more
More about Barbara Elsborg...
Strangers An Ordinary Girl With or Without Him Anna in the Middle Susie's Choice

“The power that was your father's." He looked at her bewildered face. "To get it, I need to take you away."
"Where to?"
"A vacation to somewhere warm and cozy."
"Florida?"
"Nearly. Hell."
Piper glared.
He shrugged. "I don't know why people are so down on hell. It never rains; it's always hot; you can get a nice tan; there's plenty to do.....”
2 likes