Start by marking “What We Could Have Done with the Money: 50 Ways to Spend the Trillion Dollars We've Spent on Iraq” as Want to Read:

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  23 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
The war in Iraq is not only controversial, it's also astronomically expensive. Now Rob Simpson answers the question many concerned Americans have been asking: Wasn't there some other way the government could have spent one trillion of our tax dollars?

What We Could Have Done with the Money presents 50 thought-provoking spending alternatives. With a trillion dollars, we coul
Published July 1st 2008 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about What We Could Have Done with the Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What We Could Have Done with the Money

Traci
Aug 18, 2008 Traci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
The author's writing is almost funny enough to distract you from the harsh reality he's presenting... but not quite. In the beginning, he writes that Americans probably aren't more outraged about the 1 TRILLION dollars spent in Iraq because we have no concept of how much money that is. Every short chapter is, as the title states, something else we could have done with the money. One example is- we could have bought an ipod nano for every person on Earth, and still have enough money left over to ...more
Some of the ideas in this short book are serious, but they are all presented in a humorous, tongue-in-cheek manner. I liked the idea that we use the trillion dollars to take everyone out to a ballgame (and there's enough money left over to put a few jumbotrons at little league parks, too). Or, we could fix social security -- wouldn't that be great?
This is a fun, interesting, though-provoking nugget of a book that gives us an idea of where our priorities are (and should be).
Katya
Jan 02, 2009 Katya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could think of some ways of spending all that money too! This book was a quick, fun read. I am sure we'll need an updated version soon.
Colleen Martin
This was humorous and depressing at the same time...no easy feat!
Holly
Holly added it
Sep 12, 2015
Joe Phillips
Joe Phillips marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
Brandon Whyte
Brandon Whyte rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2013
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Nuha
Nuha rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2012
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2012
Chelsi
Chelsi rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Quinn Rollins
Quinn Rollins rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2011
Mike Gettel
Mike Gettel rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2011
Alan Michelson
Alan Michelson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2011
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2011
kaira simmons
kaira simmons rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2010
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2009
Ewelina
Ewelina rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2009
C.
C. rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2008
Steven Farmer
Steven Farmer rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2008
Rob Simpson
Rob Simpson rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2008
Renee
Renee rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2008