Start by marking “The Red Sea Rules: 10 God-Given Strategies for Difficult Times” as Want to Read:
The Red Sea Rules: 10 God-Given Strategies for Difficult Times

The Red Sea Rules: 10 God-Given Strategies for Difficult Times

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  358 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Just as Moses and the Israelites found themselves caught between "the devil and the deep Red Sea," so are we sometimes overwhelmed by life's problems. But God delivered the Israelites, and He will deliver us too.

The Red Sea Rules reveals, even in the midst of seemingly impossible situations, God's promise to make a way for us. His loving guidance will protect us through da
Published November 1st 2001 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Red Sea Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Red Sea Rules

Crista Huff
Mar 14, 2014 Crista Huff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely for Christians who are going through long, difficult situations, like job loss, bankruptcy, death, relationship struggles, getting arrested, serious medical issues, etc. The advice is on-target.

If you're early-on in your trauma, this book is going to seem like a bunch of sappy Christian platitudes. As you continue in the trauma cycle, and you re-read the book, you're going to recognize many things the author discusses, because you have personally experienced and contemplated t
Pj
Nov 28, 2013 Pj rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I was given this book by my Brother Gary. He was reading this book while he was in the hospital dying of cancer.
I was greatly inspired by this book. I can truly understand what Gary saw in reading the RED SEA RULES.
I have "loaned" this book to many friends,but this book is a keeper for more than one reason.
If you ever thought you were in a unwinning place, this is the book to give you courage.
God will lead you in and God will lead you out.
Viann
May 31, 2012 Viann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This little 100-page book is one of the most encouraging books when one is struggling in a difficult situation. I've read it three times now and been encouraged each time. I also am reviewing it for a church book club.
Liz Terek
Apr 27, 2014 Liz Terek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the Old Testament’s most often told & a beloved Bible story is of the parting of the Red Sea. Upon leaving Egypt, the Israelites found themselves up against the sea with no foreseeable way to cross it. Showing His power & love for His people, God parted the Sea so that they could safely cross.

Robert J. Morgan revisited this story during a flight to New York. Turning to Exodus 14 while pondering a family crisis, he felt the leading of the Holy Spirit to write some notes about the
Michelle Griep
Feb 23, 2013 Michelle Griep rated it it was amazing
I'm not a big non-fiction reader, so why did I pick up this one? Honestly, because a friend gave it to me as a gift. I felt 'obligated' to read it because I knew the next time she saw me she'd want to know how I liked it. I didn't want to lie nor make up an elaborate excuse as to why I didn't read it, so I took the easy way out. I read the thing.

And am I ever glad I did.

This isn't just another follow-these-rules-for-a-stellar-life kind of thing. These are more like Biblical principles you should
Candy Shepard
Oct 31, 2015 Candy Shepard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Healing. Hopeful. Inspiring. Encouraging.
Joan
May 02, 2014 Joan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book for help through difficult situations. Morgan has gleaned ten principles of living a God honoring life from Exodus 14. Some of them are expected, like pray. Others take work, like stay calm and confident and wait for God to work. Each chapter has questions at the end so this book could be used for personal meditation or a group study.
See my full review at http://bit.ly/1jo41bY.
I received a complimentary egalley of this book from the publisher for the purpose of an independent
Seth Sretep
I thought this book was full with both great, godly advice as well as uplifting ideas for all christians. But, before the technical beginning of the book, it says that "unless otherwise noted, Scripture quotations are from the New King James Version." This is where the problems begin.

The New King James Version is an accurate, near word for word translation of the original texts. Unfortunately, Mr. Morgan chooses to use it very little, instead using many other, inferior translations (the full li
Reid
On the front of the book is another sub-title: 10 God-given Strategies for Difficult times.
This book is based on Moses and the exodus

1. Realize that God means for you to be where you are.
"I am here...
- by God's appointment
- in His keeping
- under His training
- for His time"

2. Be more concerned for God's glory than for your relief
-the presence of the Lord surrounds us while the promises of the Bible sustain us

3. Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord.
-every time we resist ev
Victor Gentile
Sep 17, 2014 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Robert J. Morgan in his new book “The Red Sea Rules” published by Thomas Nelson Publishers gives us 10 God-Given Strategies for Difficult Times.

From the back cover: God delivered the Israelites and He will deliver you too.

Just as Moses and the Israelites found themselves caught between “the devil and the deep Red Sea,” so are we sometimes overwhelmed by life’s problems. The Red Sea Rules reveals that even in the midst of seemingly impossible situations God promises to make a way for us. His lovi
Courtney Clark
Jul 21, 2014 Courtney Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Red Sea Rules by Robert J. Morgan is a quick read that covers “10 God-Given Strategies for Difficult Times”. Using the Scriptural example of Moses and the Israelites at the Red Sea, Robert Morgan outlines these logical points for anyone facing challenges, struggles, problems, and the day to day difficulties of life.

Because we live in a fallen world, we as Christians still face hardships every day. With candor and strong Biblical references, Robert concisely communicates his 10 strategies, ea
Audrey Grant
Apr 10, 2013 Audrey Grant rated it it was amazing
I had this book a long time ago and it hit all the right notes for me! It was a real treasure I intended to keep forever, but God had other plans and so I gave it away and have missed it greatly in the last few years. So when I found it on sale I snapped it up.
SO glad I did! It's even better this time. It is more handy by being smaller and in a little hardback book that can tuck in my purse and go with me! I am loving the new one even more than the first one!
I can't say enough good things about
Joy
Aug 09, 2014 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. It is short but lots of principles and simple rules
from Exodus 14 that will be easily remembered. The book might better be titled principles than rules. Those principles cover essentials of living the Christian life. Example: God has you where He wants you to
be. My favorites: #2 Be more concerned for God's glory than for your
relief and #5 Be calm and confident and allow God time to act.
Juanita
May 07, 2014 Juanita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Morgan has brought together ten rules which have been adapted from the event at the Red Sea involving Israel and the Egyptians. These ten rules can be used to transform us from fear to faith. Some of these rules cover the areas of being where you are, God's glory, keeping your eyes on the LORD, prayer...

I found each and every chapter speaking to me through the scripture given and the real life examples which were presented. The explanations of each rule caused me to reflect on my own life and ho
Miahgrace
Mar 26, 2011 Miahgrace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is amazing!!
there are times when i thought He has forsaken me because of the tribulations that befall on me. i read the bible and claim his words that He has not forsaken his children, and He would never do, but it seems to me that everything's falling apart, and there's nothing i can do anymore. i always wish to be out of such situations, hardships, struggles, thinking that escape will make things even better..
but this book changed me and my whole perception of life.., There's no such
Darice Jamison
Aug 01, 2015 Darice Jamison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While this is a very short, easy to read book, it has some good depth of insight. Good reminders of God's power and grace for those struggling through challenges. It is like a "Cliffnote" version of other books on enduring your suffering and trusting God through the process, coming out refined on the other side. Many good "snippets" to capture and upon which to meditate.
Steven Crain
Mar 19, 2014 Steven Crain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Very, very encouraging. Remain in Christ. Trust his Sovereign will even if not revealed to you. God has been and will always be trustworthy.
Ana
Aug 06, 2015 Ana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great little book for anyone trapped between a seemingly uncrossable sea on one side and a dangerous enemy on the other.
Jennifer Robb
Jan 17, 2016 Jennifer Robb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A friend gave me this book for Christmas and I enjoyed reading it. It is one I think I will refer to in the future.
Stephanie
Oct 01, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, love this book. I have turned to it time and time again. Great resource!
Scott
Aug 12, 2015 Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great reminder for those who see no way out of their trouble - an unfordable sea in front and an angry army behind. No way out! The Red Sea rules are simple, rich and strong supports to our faith in the God who is sovereign and the God who loves his troubled children.
Charles Thornton
This is a great little book.
Joanne Chantelau
Robert Morgan is a great writer and teacher of the Word. I loved and appreciated this book, a gift from my dad. It's the kind of book you can pick up anytime to review an encouraging truth. His writing is down-to-earth yet imaginative and pleasant, making it easy to pick up truth. The 10 rules that he learned by meditating on the story of God's parting the Red Sea should be kept at the front of the mind, and God's character revealed in them should be kept at the front of the heart.
Jerry
Jun 25, 2013 Jerry rated it it was amazing
This is one of the freshest thoughts about the Red Sea experiences I have read or seen in many years. It is easy to follow and much to easy to get addicted to. When I finished I had a strong desire to read it again immediately or may it part of daily devotional reading. Since a few days have past and I have done neither, I think I will make it part of daily devotional reading...starting tomorrow (March 6)!
Jody Sloan
Awesome reminders in times when we are focused on our situations or trials. Things that most of us already know but the things so easy to forget when the heat of the trial is strong. Each chapter is broken down in easy almost devotional size to ponder slowly, or the whole book can be read faster and easily. Highly recommend for anyone who needs perspective in the midst of the storm.
Brenda
Aug 28, 2013 Brenda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith
This short book, really more of a devotional, outlines principles from the Israelites' deliverance in Exodus that we can apply to our own "Red Sea" experiences. It's helpful and comforting, and encouraged me in my relationship with God. But for some reason I was expecting something more revolutionary. 3.5 stars.
Lindsay
Jul 24, 2012 Lindsay rated it really liked it
This little gem, was a book I will always keep on my shelf. It was given to me by a friend during a rough time in my life. It is such a short book with a powerful punch of a lesson attached to it. I thoroughly enjoyed and learned while reading this book. It will change the way you view disaster in your life.
Derrick Jeter
Apr 30, 2013 Derrick Jeter rated it liked it
A nice little book to help us refocus on the God who delivers His people from their difficulties, even if your sandals are getting wet by the waters of your own Red Sea and the dust cloud from Pharaoh's chariots seems to eclipse God's cloud of presence.
E Faye
Jan 06, 2016 E Faye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm currently faces some red seas. This book has given me not only strategies, but it has given me the patience I need to wait, instructed me to shift my focus and provided the confidence needed to stay the course and ready myself for praise!
Jeanie Roberson
Jun 17, 2013 Jeanie Roberson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most encouraging books I have ever read. When my mother was dying of cancer, my father and I took turns reading this book to her. We all felt an incredible peace. It is one of my all time favorites and I would highly recommend it.
Dominion 1 2 Aug 08, 2013 05:03AM
  • Made For His Pleasure: Ten Benchmarks of a Vital Faith
  • Passages: How Reading the Bible in a Year Will Change Everything for You
  • God in the Alley: Being and Seeing Jesus in a Broken World
  • Ancient-Future Time: Forming Spirituality Through the Christian Year
  • Battle Ready: Prepare to Be Used by God (Bold Man Of God, #1)
  • The Divine Mentor: Growing Your Faith as You Sit at the Feet of the Savior