Start by marking “Waiting to Live” as Want to Read:
Waiting to Live

Waiting to Live

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Dr. Asa Don Brown s insightful message of unconditional love will transpire your way of thinking. Dr. Brown reveals a profound way of looking at life, forgiveness, and happiness. He explores with the reader the concepts of love and forgiveness. He has a poignant way of evoking the internal and spiritual side of life. His message will inspire you to begin living today. Why ...more
Published June 16th 2010 by iUniverse (first published June 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Waiting to Live, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting to Live

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareTorment by Lauren KateHalo by Alexandra AdornettoCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Best Book Covers for 2010
177th out of 352 books — 3,142 voters
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClarePoison Study by Maria V. SnyderCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Books With Covers As Awesome As They Are
155th out of 258 books — 273 voters

More lists with this book...

Jon
This book is the simplest and most effective approach to living life to its fullest that I have ever encountered. I was informed of this book by a close friend.
The beauty of this book is it's simplicity. It combines principles and applications that are not difficult to understand and, with practice, almost effortless to implement. It has benefited my life because I have been struggling with the definition of “I.”
As I reflect after reading the book, I find that I am thinking, feeling, and belie
Tracy
I found the message, thought provoking and inspiring. The strength in the knowledge that my happiness comes from loving and caring for my own spirit is empowering. I am taking life- changing lessons from these powerful and well-written words.
Linzy Mihailov
Dobraye utro! Yzumitelno! harasho!
Sally Rucker
Feb 12, 2011 Sally Rucker rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: you
Recommended to Sally by: Leah Brown
This book is hands down one of the best books I've ever read. You don't have to be struggling with some deep seeded psychological disorder to gain from this particular book. It can benefit you whether you are struggling with major or minor thoughts or struggling with false statements. Whatever the case, there is something in this book you can learn and implement right away - to improve your life, your relationships, and you as a person. If you are wanting excellence in your life, read this book. ...more
Amanda Armstrong
Dr. Brown's writing is enjoyable - I read this book when I was flying between Ontario and Alberta. Some of the insights provided are simply building blocks on other works. He has a masterful way of writing and explaining the simple concepts of human life. He offers many tasks that help the reader with his or her personal "challenges". My favorite chapter in the book is "The Unconditional State". It reminded me how I should be living my own life. Dr. Brown has is an instinctive writer.
Love Thompson
That is older than the sea
That sings the truth about the love she brings to me
Where do I start
Performed by Andy Williams

I believe this book offers a neo-perspective on love.
Love is internal.
Love is forever.
Love is.

My parents named me Love, so I only use it when I mean it.
Love Thompson
That is older than the sea
That sings the truth about the love she brings to me
Where do I start
Performed by Andy Williams

I believe this book offers a neo-perspective on love.
Love is internal.
Love is forever.
Love is.

My parents named me Love, so I only use it when I mean it.
Dianne
What a lovely read. He writes in a poignant and self-aware way.
Leah Brown
A wonderfully inspiring and rich read called "WAITING TO LIVE" by DR. ASA DON BROWN. I highly recommend this book to my friends, family, and colleagues. It's a book that will inspire those caught in a flow of negative thoughts, with a practical peace plan to bring back the pleasure of life and living life to its utmost fullest. It is written with a compassionate, engaging style, with dashes of humor. I especially appreciated Dr. Brown's profound honesty dealing with life's struggles. Despite yea ...more
Rafe Abrahamsson
Jan 05, 2011 Rafe Abrahamsson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rafe by: Tyron Marks
Wow, this book took me on a roller-coaster ride. I couldn't decide if I loved it or hated it. Reading it made me ask myself, "the do I's?" I felt that the writer was deeply moved by his own writing.

In the end the overall effect was rather like hearing someone with zeal about life, but your not quite at the point of the author. He does show you how to successfully reach it. I am reading it again. Maybe this time, I'll gain the greater essence of the book.
Nathan Dominic
Dr. Asa Don Brown has written one of the best works ever in personal development. The knowledge that Dr. Brown provides helps the individuals to liberate themselves from their past. I absolutely love this book and believe that it is one of the top personal development books ever. Dr. Brown has encapsulated success, liberation of thought and mind and spirit, and teaches us that we are responsible for our thoughts.
Connie Gatton
Feb 21, 2011 Connie Gatton is currently reading it
Recommends it for: YOU! Begin living life with peace, joy, and happiness
Lisa Brummit
The book is so beautifully written. I just LOVE it. I have a feeling that I will be ordering several more copies as I want to give it to everyone I know. I completely recommend it. It isn't just a basic self-help book--it is profoundly rich, coming from a deep practice of self-love and self-acceptance. He has developed his own experiences of a deepening happiness or peace that is reflected in his writing. It is not superficial at all. I found that it deepened my understanding of love, peace, acc ...more
Lisa Brummit
Jon
Farmgirl
The author take you through a remarkable psychological and spiritual journey.

Having read countless spiritual, inspirational, and motivational books this one succeeds where others fail. It never occurred to me before reading this book that my thoughts determined my life outcomes.There are many positive affirmations that you can extract and say daily to improve your mood and outlook.

If you want a novel that moves you with reflective & meditative qualities, then Waiting to Live is the perfect
Amanda Armstrong

Patricia
I won this FREE book from Goodreads First Reads.
Thank you Goodreads.

What a great read. I really liked this book.
It really makes you stop & think about your life.
I really liked Dr. Asa's profound way of looking at the
concepts of life, forgiveness, happiness, unconditional love & peace.
I really like his expressions & beliefs & his spiritual understandings.
I recommend this book. You will not be disappointed.
Dec 03, 2010 Tracy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who desires to discover themselves
Nov 27, 2010 Tracy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who desires personal growth, reflection, and insights
Eej Johannson
For those of us interested in, and seeking spiritual wisdom, this book is one that is a 'must read'! It is so well written and one that will serve well for individuals across all walks of life, as well as a resource for professionals. The material herein is a work that obviously reflects the author's personal spiritual journey and wellness as well as professional excellence, driven also by a sincere caring for fellow humans, an uncommon combination in the area of 'self-help' books.
Cindy Thompson
The key to this book takes all the sting out of forgiviness, love, life. It is a uniquely charming approach to love. Dr. Brown seems to be inspired. The tools presented support positive and quick changes in life. Instead of feeling victimized by forgiving someone, this book provides a plateform for forgiveness which is epic of love. If patterns are repeating in your life, or you can't let go of an event or experience, this book could hold the key.
M. Lynn
Waiting to Live by Asa Don Brown by Asa Don Brown

I have a lot to say, but really need to think this one over. I almost rated it three stars, but found that may be unfair for many reasons so I upped it to four. It's a great book, however it's also something I've been educating myself on and teaching others for about 27 years so I need to separate what I personally already know from what may be beneficial to somebody who is just starting out on this journey. I also personally just needed something more and different, but for th
Alex Kaye
Brown, as he describes himself in the book, is a man enriched in humility and honesty. I am impressed how he continues to learn about himself, psychology, spirituality, and himself. As he notes, life can be challenging and full of barriers, but this is only a stone sharpening our minds. It is a brilliant and purposeful book.

I am impressed how this book that takes the conventional wisdom, of what psychology is about, combining it with spirituality, intertwining them to make a beautiful melody of
Andrew Mellon
I have to admit that positive thinking has never my strongpoint. I have read counteless books on positive thinking and few have inspired me like "Waiting to Live". While I had no problem correcting my mistakes, I have trouble focusing on the positive. I get down frequently and am virtually uninspired.

I have read books like "How to Win Friends and Influence People", "Blink", "The Five People You Meet in Heaven", "The Alchemist", "Think", "The Last Lecture", "Tuesdays with Maurie", so many times.
Beth Talkington

I felt a deep relationship to this book. It is pocketed with deep spirituality that will reach you. In it you will find the mirror reflecting your unconditional person. If you look for practical spirituality not encumbered by dogma and ritualism, read this book today.
Marvin
This book has a simple premise: The world is divided between two types of people, those who are afraid of living, waiting to live; and those who have a deep desire to live life to its fullest.
James
Nov 21, 2010 James is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
reading
Sheena
Sheena marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
How has "Waiting to Live" changed your life? 1 2 Feb 24, 2013 01:49AM
  • Wesley's Wars
  • The Small Big: Small Changes That Spark Big Influence
  • People Tools: 54 Strategies for Building Relationships, Creating Joy, and Embracing Prosperity
  • Trouble In Mind: Stories From A Neuropsychologist's Casebook
  • The Shield That Fell from Heaven
  • To Begin Again
  • Rose of Par Kluhnd: A Fairy Tale
  • Why We Cooperate
  • Sharaf
  • Jumble Tales
  • The Blood Moon of Winter
  • Evolussion (Book Two of the Infinion Series)
  • The Chosen (Zincian Legend #1)
  • A Philosophy of Boredom
  • Psychiatric Interviewing: the Art of Understanding A Practical Guide for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Nurses, and Other Mental Health Professionals
  • The Master and His Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World
  • Rude Buay ... the Unstoppable
  • The End of Certainty
Dr. Asa Don Brown is an author, professor, clinician, advocate, and an inspirational and motivational speaker. Asa worked in private practice in Canada and the United States. He has taught at Thompson Rivers University, Royal Roads University and Grant MacEwan College. He currently serves as an Advisory Board Member at the Brain Technology & Neuroscience Research Centre, BTNRC and has served a ...more
More about Asa Don Brown...
The effects of childhood trauma on adult perception and worldview

“Forgiveness must be initiated before life can begin.” 25 likes