Start by marking “Such Fleeting Pleasures” as Want to Read:
Such Fleeting Pleasures

Such Fleeting Pleasures (Oberon, California 0.5)

Dan and Lucy Cavanaugh have one of Oberon’s hottest marriages. But it wasn’t always strawberries and cream...or was it? In this Oberon prequel, we travel back in time to see how it all began and learn if one hot summer full of such fleeting pleasures can really last a lifetime.
Published (first published May 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Such Fleeting Pleasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Such Fleeting Pleasures

Kelly Clare
Aug 05, 2015 Kelly Clare rated it really liked it
I always have to shift my way of thinking when I read a novella. Shorter stories just don't have the space to give a lot of background and reasoning for their character's actions. This was a fast paced romance where you're promised to be pitched head-first into the storyline. The author writes beautifully and the copy is professional. A couple of times I wondered at the immaturity of the female. I wanted more explanation for her actions - trust issues, commitment etc. Again, this kind of ...more
Sharon Doucett
Aug 10, 2015 Sharon Doucett rated it liked it
A quick read but packed with drama. Although I think I would have been happier if I had known about their relationship beforehand, before reading this. This is my first time meeting this couple, so I felt a bit out of the loop. But there is an intensity about the two that we see upon their first meeting. But it is Lucy that seemed to be the one with more attitude. Sort of rubbed me wrong. Even when she learns who he is she still comes off as him having a problem. Still, if this is your first ...more
Linda
Aug 29, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it

All Of His Life Twenty-Three Year O, Dan Cavanaugh Worked In His Family's Nursery And When He left For College, He Swore That He Would Never Return, But In Class He Discovered That He Was Not Cut Out For class and he needed to be outside with his hands in soil. Dam was Managing The Nursery For His Parents So They Could Take A European Vacation And Had Deliberately Came When No One Was Supposed To Be At The Nursery, Or So He Thought Until A Feisty, Gorgeous Woman In A Yellow Halter Top And Cutof
Sherry Cammer
Sep 29, 2014 Sherry Cammer rated it it was amazing
Dan & Lucy have always been two of my favorite characters in the Oberon series. It was so fun reading how they first met and how the sparks flew at the beginning. Those two were ready to kill each other in the beginning. The funny part is usually those types of meetings actually bring the couples together. Watching them throwing barbs back and forth and trying to tame each other down was such a fun part of the story. I can tell you with reading this I so need a reread of this series. P.G. ...more
Phuong
Oct 28, 2014 Phuong rated it it was amazing
Such Fleeting Pleasures by PG Forte is a prequel story of her Oberon series featuring Dan and Lucy and how they first fell in love. I've decided to begin this series by reading this story first as I begin my trek into Oberon and I'm so happy I did. I really enjoyed Dan and Lucy's love story and boy did they get off to a rocky start. These two were both stubborn, strong-willed people who really needed to work on their communication skills since it led to a lot of misunderstanding but it was sure ...more
Kim
Jan 17, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
This novella as part of the Oberon series is wonderful.

I am a big fan of Lucy's in the series and I absolutely love Dan. This novella is a look back at how Dan and Lucy met and fell in love. You get your first taste of Oberon and some of the characters as well.

I read this before starting the series and loved it so much that I immediately read Scent of the Roses.

I highly recommend reading this series.
Lori
Aug 27, 2014 Lori rated it really liked it
From the second Dan and Lucy met, they were playing a game of foreplay whether they realized it or not. I thoroughly enjoyed their banter back and forth. Lucy was not the pushover for the boss' son. This was a quick book full of passion, sarcasm, and spice. I would have liked to see it a little longer with more of a conclusion. But I will read the rest of the series to get more of Lucy and Dan.
Kristen Gough
Sep 20, 2015 Kristen Gough rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is a great quick read that shows the beginning of Dan and Lucy's relationship. My favorite part of any romance story is the very beginning of the relationship so this book was a treat in that this was it's primary focus. This story was short and sweet and full of feel goods. I enjoyed reading this book very much.
Donna Baginski
Aug 24, 2015 Donna Baginski rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this novella. It's my first experience with the author and I did find the couple rather confusing to start. Lucy's attitude bothered me a lot, and I think that would have been helped had I read the series first. Otherwise the hear between them is electric and moves fast. I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the series to see where they go from here!!
Romancing Mama
Aug 27, 2014 Romancing Mama rated it it was amazing
You'll fall in love with the sizzling chemistry and love/hate relationship between Dan and Lucy. Dan's not sure what he is doing back in Oberon. Lucy's not sure WHO Dan is. A quick, fun and sizzling read.
Brenda
Jun 13, 2013 Brenda rated it it was amazing
I've been craving more about how Lucy and Dan got together. They were the only established couple in the series and this novella is the story of how they met and got together. Short, Sweet, and very Hot! I may have been converted to a Dan lover.
Vonnie
Aug 08, 2015 Vonnie rated it it was amazing
Wonderful snapshot of the beginning of a relationship. Two people with chips on their shoulders and much misunderstanding finally communicate and find love. Beautifully written. This novella entices you to read the series to learn more in depth about these two.
Heather
Aug 07, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
A wonderful happily ever after novella. The characters are intense and very well written. A fierce love hate relationship that draws you in and keeps you turning the pages to experience the next moment.
Tabitha Wilson
Aug 11, 2015 Tabitha Wilson rated it it was amazing
I want more! I need to know if she stays at the nursery, or of they stay together or something years then start. I need more!!!
Linda
May 29, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
A prequel where you get to see how Dan and Lucy first met.
Sexual tension, romance and fluff in a great combo.
Quick read.
Lexa Pierce
Lexa Pierce rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2011
Marcy
Marcy rated it liked it
May 29, 2015
P.G.
Jun 08, 2008 P.G. added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
P.G.
Aug 01, 2010 P.G. added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Skylar Kade
Skylar Kade marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2010
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2012
D Thomas
D Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2012
Franjessca
Franjessca marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
Kathie
Kathie added it
Aug 17, 2014
Amy McGlone
Amy McGlone marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Bobbi
Bobbi marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Landslide
Landslide marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Luvishkie Pretty
Luvishkie Pretty marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Natottawa
Natottawa marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Becky
Becky added it
Apr 15, 2016
Cyndi Tefft
Cyndi Tefft marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Edensbookshelf.com
Edensbookshelf.com marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Madison Warner Fairbanks marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Stefany
Stefany marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Unconventional Love Stories. Unconditional Love.

PG Forte inhabits a world only slightly less strange than the ones she creates. Filled with serendipity, coincidence, love at first sight and dreams come true, it also bears a sometimes uncanny resemblance to Berkeley, California.

Originally a Jersey girl, PG now resides with her family on the extreme left coast where she writes rule bending, genre bl
More about P.G. Forte...

Oberon, California (9 books)
  • Scent of the Roses (Oberon, #1)
  • A Sight to Dream Of (Oberon, book 2)
  • Sound of a Voice That is Still (Oberon, book 3)
  • A Taste of Honey (Oberon, book 4 )
  • Touch of a Vanished Hand (Oberon, book 5)
  • The Spirit of the Place (Oberon, book 6)
  • Visions Before Midnight (Oberon, book 7)
  • Dream Under the Hill (Oberon, #8)
  • And Shadows Have Their Ending (Oberon, #9)