Start by marking “Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs” as Want to Read:
Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs

Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs (Encyclopedia Brown #26)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Encyclopedia Brown is back, protecting Idaville from swindlers, con men, and thieves. Since 1963 this brainy crime-stopper has been a favorite character among middle-grade readers. Follow the boy detective on ten new mysteries, including the puzzle of a giant shark tooth and the whodunit of a secret shipwreck. As fans of the series know, solutions can be found in the back ...more
Published October 14th 2010 by Dutton Books for Young Readers

Be the first to ask a question about Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs

Caleb
I liked it. There's a kid named Bugs Meany who is the leader of a group of older boys named The Tigers and he tries to earn money by selling pictures of a UFO, but they aren't real.
Nathaniel
I liked it. One of the cases is about someone who stole some cookies. Then there's a case about a person who took pictures of a UFO, but then it's fake.
Anne Hawn Smith
Another great book of deductive reasoning for kids. I am using this in homeschool lessons on critical thinking. Encyclopedia Brown has a detective agency and for a quarter, any kid can get him to solve a crime, check out a story, or tell if a sale is really a good deal.

Most of the mysteries can be solved by middle graders. I only found one that a child would have to have some special knowledge that wasn't typical for this age group.

I enjoy using the books for deductive reasoning, but I wish ther
Alex
Oh man, you guys. I walked by this book in the New Section at the library and it caught my eye. I grabbed it and read the copyright date - 2010! An Encyclopedia Brown book published just last year? Of course I had to read it. My 8-year old self would have never forgiven me otherwise.

I re-read a few of these sometime last year as well as a new one I had never read that was published in 2007 or 2008. This one was just as formulaic but had slightly more plausible answers. It gave me a happy peacefu
Urthmama
Awesome Book!

I Love It! I Could read it a 100 times and never get tired! You should read it! Awesome plot and story!
Doc-mok
Still love Encyclopedia Brown!
Annie
Age range 5-8. Encyclopedia helps his friend Flash find out if he should get a picture of a UFO that is sold by the tigers. The tigers (a gang who bullies others)is selling them and claims they're real but with help from Encyclopedia YOU will find out if they are real. I loved the book because there are other mini stories in the book. I also like mystery's so its a good book for mystery lovers.
Brendon Haithcock
This book was great like all the other encyclopedia brown books. It's like multiple puzzles.
Anna
I love a good ol' Encyclopedia Brown book. I solved 7/10 of the mysteries. :P
Rainier
this is a good book. it has good myisrerys .
Matthew
It was the best one yet.

Therese Ferguson
Therese Ferguson marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Jennifer Goins
Jennifer Goins marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
The Hoffman
The Hoffman marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Karthik
Karthik marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Rin
Rin marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Tobin
Tobin added it
Apr 28, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Adventures of Caterwaul the Cat: Feline Pie
  • Blimpo: The Third Circle of Heck
  • The Vanishing Violin (The Red Blazer Girls, #2)
  • The Ghostwriter Secret (Brixton Brothers #2)
  • Eruption (Storm Runners, #3)
  • Agent Q, or The Smell of Danger! (Pals in Peril #4)
  • World's Worst Wedgie (George Brown, Class Clown, #3)
  • Dead Guy Spy (Nathan Abercrombie, Accidental Zombie, #2)
  • Gasparilla's Treasure
  • The Phantom of the Post Office (43 Old Cemetery Road, #4)
  • One-Eyed Cat
  • Walt Disney's Donald Duck: A Christmas for Shacktown (The Carl Barks Library, #11)
  • The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #5)
  • Leopards' Gold (Chronicles of the Red King #3)
  • Bobby The Brave (Sometimes)
  • Pursued (Left Behind: The Kids, #5-8)
  • The Homeschool Liberation League
  • Elsie's Endless Wait (A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore #1)
Donald J. Sobol was an award-winning writer best known for his children's books, especially the Encyclopedia Brown mystery series. Mr. Sobol passed away in July of 2012.
More about Donald J. Sobol...

Encyclopedia Brown (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch (Encyclopedia Brown, #2)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Encyclopedia Brown, #3)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Gets His Man (Encyclopedia Brown, #4)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Solves Them All (Encyclopedia Brown, #5)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace (Encyclopedia Brown, #6)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Saves the Day
  • Encyclopedia Brown Tracks Them Down (Encyclopedia Brown, #8)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Shows the Way (Encyclopedia Brown, #9)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Case (Encyclopedia Brown, #10)
Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1) Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch (Encyclopedia Brown, #2) Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Cake! (Encyclopedia Brown, #15 1/2) Encyclopedia Brown Solves Them All (Encyclopedia Brown, #5) Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Encyclopedia Brown, #3)