Start by marking “Assignment: Bodyguard (Secret Agent Series, #4)” as Want to Read:
Assignment: Bodyguard (Secret Agent Series, #4)

Assignment: Bodyguard (Secret Agent #4)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  96 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Her father will accept only the best for Kit Atkins's protection. So when Kit is threatened, he calls on Shane Warwick, a CHAIM agent. Shane is calm, capable, protective--and way too charming for Kit's peace of mind. Yet despite her protests, Shane refuses to leave her side. As they hide out at a remote Texas ranch, a powerful bond grows between them, even as danger rises. ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 276 pages
Published August 10th 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Assignment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assignment

Sara ♥
Oye. I was looking for something to read on a Sunday and this is a Christian fiction book I picked up because it sounded James Bond-like.

Gag me. Sorry to people who like these sort of serial romances, but WOW, it was CHEESY. And the writing? Can you say amateur? The plot was weak, the premise was dumb, and it was just overall meh. The only reason I'm giving it two stars is because despite everything else, I liked the main characters (I half-liked them.) and wanted them to get together in the en
Michelle
Aug 08, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secret Agent
Book 4

In this book, we meet Englishman, Shane Warwick. He has been assigned to watch over a retired CHAIM's daughter, and he gets his money's worth! Kit resents being protected and puts up many a protest. She makes Shane's work harder by resisting his advice and assistance.

The author does a good job in making all these men unique in where they come from and how they talk. But the books are so similar in story-line that I fill I'm just getting another of the same, except changed a bit
Brandy
Sep 15, 2010 Brandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, after Pastor Dev, Eli, Brice, and now Shane, I want a "CHAIM" agent of my own. Minus the danger of course Lol. REALLY enjoyed this book. Although, I confess, I knew the *friend* was the bad guy, er bad girl from the beginning. ABSOLUTELY adored and swooned over Shane *Sigh*, just as I did with Devon, Eli, and Brice from Lenora's other books from her CHAIM series. Loved how he referred to Kit as "Luv". Good, suspenseful, romantic story...GREAT JOB *AGAIN* Lenora!
Judine
A bodyguard with Texan roots and an English accent is a novel approach to a romance, but this one could have been carried off better. Shane (named after the Western movie) has been hired to protect the widow Kit, who didn't want to admit her marriage was falling apart even before her husband's mysterious death. Great concept, but Kit's character was too uneven to really carry the plotline.
Alyssa
Jan 26, 2015 Alyssa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really great! I must admit, I guessed on some of the twists and got them right, but it wasn't until right before they happened. I really liked the characters, and the dangerous situations they were involved in throughout the book. It was also nice to see things from two different viewpoints.
Abigail Adrian
Oct 09, 2015 Abigail Adrian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Stars
First off the guy is British, how can you go wrong with a British guy??? I rally like these kinds of books the ones with bodyguards and stuff, Anyway its written very well and its funny. Great book.
Ashley Jimenez
Aug 24, 2010 Ashley Jimenez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grrrrrr. I cant help but give every book I read 5stars becasue i only pick books that grab me from the very beginning. This book was amazing and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time i was reading it.
Shadow
A great Inspirational Suspense short story
Susan
Aug 02, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book and it was a quick read.
John Hanscom
Actually, 3 1/2. Stronger female character.
Mikayla
Apr 19, 2012 Mikayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
Awesome Book!!!!!
Marybelle
Marybelle rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
M
M added it
Jan 30, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Kellie Kulow
Kellie Kulow marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Pauline Doyle
Pauline Doyle marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Donna Johnston
Donna Johnston rated it did not like it
Nov 21, 2015
Lucy
Lucy rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Wenona
Wenona marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Mollie Tatum
Mollie Tatum rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Kristina Hammock
Kristina Hammock marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Susan Turnbull
Susan Turnbull rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • Double Identity
  • Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Code of Justice
  • Cowboy Protector  (Protecting the Witnesses, #3)
  • Dead Air
  • Deadly Vows  (Protecting the Witnesses, #4 )
  • Witness on the Run
Lenora Worth has written 35 books for three different publishers. She reached a milestone in 2006 when she received her 25th book pin from Steeple Hill and Harlequin. Her books have won both regional and national awards and she now has over 1 million books in print. Currently she is writing both Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense for Steeple Hill. Married to her childhood sweetheart, Lenora ...more
More about Lenora Worth...

Secret Agent (5 books)
  • Secret Agent Minister (Secret Agent Series, #1)
  • Heart of the Night (Secret Agent #2)
  • Code of Honor (Secret Agent #3)
  • The Soldier's Mission (Secret Agent Series, #5)