Start by marking “おいかけるぞおいかけるぞ [Oikakeruzo Oikakeruzo]” as Want to Read:
おいかけるぞおいかけるぞ [Oikakeruzo Oikakeruzo]

おいかけるぞおいかけるぞ [Oikakeruzo Oikakeruzo] (Little Red Train)

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  61 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A picture book with detailed, bird's-eye-view illustrations and a simple, repetitive, and rhythmic text. When the little red train sets off, Duffy Driver has a hectic day ahead—trying to catch up with the train, with the help of a lorry, a motor boat, a tractor, and a helicopter.
Published 2007 by BL Shuppan (first published February 28th 1995)

Be the first to ask a question about おいかけるぞおいかけるぞ [Oikakeruzo Oikakeruzo]

Mathew
This is a gorgeous book with a lovely sense of time and place. There is a sense of building up the story as the train driver goes from lorry to boat to bike to pony and so on in order to catch up with his train. Although the repetition is lovely, I think it's the landscape images, almost like mini maps, that make this such a beautiful book. Young children (and older) will enjoy getting lost in the scenery. It's definitely one to continually come back to.
Laura Verret
May 24, 2014 Laura Verret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodwill-finds
Duffy Driver is the engineer on the little red train. One day he stepped off of the engine to help an old lady into the train – but he forget to set the brake! The little red train began chugging down the tracks without its driver!

Duffy is determined to catch up with the train, but it will be harder than he could imagine. Trucks, boats, bicycles, ponies, and tractors all help him to keep up with the train, but he can’t quite catch up to it! Will he be able to take control of the runaway train be
Gervy
My almost 4yo boy loves these books.
Malachi Musa
May 12, 2016 Malachi Musa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book because I love trains. I love pretending to be the runaway train when I am playing and often incorporate this into my games. I have remembered the series of people Duffy meets along the way and can almost tell the story without mummys help. (2yrs 10mths)
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
A 1001 CBYMRBYGU.

The only copy of this book that I could find was a copy in Japanese. No English except the copyright info. So, this book was a bit of a challenge. I couldn’t even do as I usually do and type the text into Google Translator to be able to read it in English. I had to strictly go by the pictures. Fortunately, the pictures clearly told the story. Wonderful story. And my first read in Japanese.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Aug 01, 2010 Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, kids-1001
A 1001 CBYMRBYGU.

Kendall
The pop-ups in this story are great (including a removable train that can be pushed up the tracks), but the story is so-so. The flaps are kind of annoying because there aren't many words per page and my four-year-old gets frustrated that I need to look under the flaps to make it through the whole story. He loves it, though, so it was a good purchase for us.
Emkoshka
This was such rollicking good fun, and the illustrations really brought to life in minute detail an industrial-urban landscape, the English countryside and the seaside. Ah, England! Made me think fondly of Thomas the Tank Engine and his red friend, James. :)
Katieb (MundieMoms)
My son LOVES trains. This was the perfect book for him. This is a great Children's book. The pop pages are great and on the first pop up page you can drive the train on the page. It's great for kids 3 yrs and older.
Tanya
The story was okay - I think a young child might like it, but for us, where "safety is #1," it didn't strike the right chord for our family. The illustrations were fun to study.
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Christie Robertson
Christie Robertson rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Benjamin Lloyd
Benjamin Lloyd marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Kairi In Florida
Kairi In Florida marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Lou
Lou added it
May 09, 2016
Kristen Smith
Kristen Smith marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Louise Parkinson
Louise Parkinson rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Jane Teather
Jane Teather rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Ferdinand Valderrama
Ferdinand Valderrama marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Sam Rose
Sam Rose rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Anshul Kumar
Anshul Kumar marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Emma Graham
Emma Graham rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Niamh McCarthy
Niamh McCarthy marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Jessica Wetherell
Jessica Wetherell rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Pat
Pat added it
Jan 23, 2016
Rita
Rita added it
Jan 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Little Red Train (7 books)
  • The Little Red Train: To The Rescue