Start by marking “Swept Aside” as Want to Read:
Swept Aside

Swept Aside (Storm Front #3)

Shell-shocked after a nightmarish school shooting, Amalie Pope retreats to an aging plantation house near Bordelaise, Louisiana, to heal, physically and emotionally. She's there barely an hour when a tornado rips through bayou country, mercifully leaving the house intact. She's stranded, but unafraid--until a knock on the door.
Four escaped prisoners barge inside, and in a
Published August 1st 2010 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Swept Aside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swept Aside

jenjn79
Apr 10, 2010 jenjn79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I've been curious as to how this story would play out after reading the first two books in this series, which delivered the build-up. I think Sala did a pretty good job with the story. It wasn't quite what I wanted, but I still liked it a lot.

Series Note:
Third book in Sala's "Storm Front" trilogy. The three books are tied together by a common event - a tornado going through town - but I think it may be possible to read them independently.

Summary:
Amalie Pope only recently barely survived a schoo
Linda
Sep 25, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it
Noelle
This is my first Sharon Sala book and I really enjoyed the story. The love scenes could have had a little more heat to them but at least they were there! =)

Amalie Pope (h) suffering from PTSD after she was shot at the school were she taught, is returning home to Louisianna. The Vatican is the plantation house that has been in her family since 1804 and where she grew up living with her grandmother, now that her grandmother passed away (she had a heart attack when given the news that Amalie had be
Jacqueline
This book is a very nice follow up to the first two. The first one was pretty weak. The second one was very good as to the suspense aspect, quite creepy in fact. This one had good suspense plus a much more solid romance than the first two.

The heroine, Amalie, a survivor of a school shooting, has just returned to Bordelaise where all three books are set in time for the tornado which all the books revolve around. She is dealing with PTSD and fragile health. She manages to be a strong woman standin
Leah
Jul 30, 2010 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a long time since I read the first two books of this series (over a year), so I'm glad that this book was only loosely connected to the other ones. The book focuses on Nick Aroyo, an undercover DEA agent, who is on the run with three other criminals, and Amalie Pope, the woman whose house they invade. While the men are there, holding her hostage, Amalie begins to trust Nick and, when she learns the truth of him, she finally allows herself to admit she has feelings for him. Oh, but, sur ...more
Cara
Aug 31, 2010 Cara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This had some promise -- there were moments I really liked, like making head-"gang" member/sort-of-bad-guy Tug likable at some moments, and neighbor/old man Louis was someone who had more depth than I expected. But man: the explosive Lou just seemed stupid; hero Nick was not someone I loved (though yes, he did seem dashing and generally like a nice guy); some moments seemed a little over-dramatized, some a little unrealistic; and the ending came too soon + too neat -- like it was following a plo ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in the Storm Front series and my favorite of the bunch. Amalie Pope has only just arrived at the old plantation house near Bordelaise, Louisiana, when a tornado hits. She ends up being held hostage by four escaped prisoners. One of the prisoners is undercover DEA agent Nick Aroyo.

Never a dull moment. The story ran at a fast pace and kept going til the end. Exciting and entertaining. Highly Recommended.
Gail
Sep 27, 2011 Gail rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I think it was the best in The Storm Front trilogy. I loved the ending. It had lots of twists and turns and kept you guessing. Amalie is an amazing woman.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Storm Front Novel
Category: Suspense
Jane Stewart
Dec 14, 2010 Jane Stewart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good suspense story. Good characters who get to know each other through stressful events. A little romance.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
When I think of this book, I don’t think romance, I think “let me tell you a story.” It’s a good story. It’s mostly suspense. By the end a couple gets together which makes it pleasing. The good guys (both the heroine and hero) do things to survive and succeed over the bad guys. There is good relationship development. It didn’t keep me glued to my seat. But that’s ok. It w
Ana
Aug 26, 2010 Ana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
– Swept Aside by Susan Sala is an entertaining read full of intrigue, romance and drama. The third book in the Storm Front series, its plotline follows the aftermath of the tornado from a third perspective. Each story is good as a stand-alone, but together, they are much more powerful read.

Swept Aside is a powerful look at what could happen in the face of disaster and how one strong woman could handle herself and do what is not only best for her, but best for others even at the expense of her ow
Barbra
Aug 19, 2010 Barbra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Swept Aside is the 3rd Storm Front Trilogy of Sharon Sala's. Amalie Pope leaves her position as a teacher after having been a victim in a school shooting. Her grandmother's plantation home in Louisiana was left to her and she escapes there to recover from her trauma.

The town is recovering from a storm that leaves many searching for posessions, people and ways to repair any property left intact. The storm took out the entire back of the county jail, which was a holding place for four criminals. D
Melanie Chabrol-
Amalie Pope decideds it is time to live in the wonderful mansion that she inherited from her late Grandmother. To heal from a shooting that happened in her old town. A little R&R never hurt anyone right? She is there barely an hour when a tornado rips thru the Bayou country and she is lucky that her house is still intact.
In that tornado a child went missing, Bobby that was in part2 and there are 4 prisoners unaccounted for.... One of them being an undercover DEA operative Nick Aroyo. thinki
~Megan~
Brilliant end to the Storm Front trilogy! I'm glad I read them very close to each other because it kept all the characters and happenings fresh in my mind. These books are all happening simultaneously, and you have to feel terrible for Chief Porter as he's dealing with a murderer, a child molester, and a band of escaped convicts on top of the tornado that has torn apart his town.

Nick was so perfect, an undercover DEA agent trying to maintain his cover and still keep innocent Amalie safe. Lots o
Joanne
Oct 27, 2010 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had won these three books from Sharon's contest and I will be buying her books from now on......great author, love the character's..........and I usually read historial romance, but I do stray sometimes, and this was a great stray.......

I say, move over Nora Roberts!!!

You feel like your standing right beside the characters and enuring it all with them.....the good and the bad.

All 3 of these bks are page turners......
Beth Tilley
Feb 12, 2016 Beth Tilley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Sala writes good trilogies threading the story through all three books. This one had a hostage suffering from PTSD and grieving for her grandmother while trying to stop her growing feelings for one of her captors. Undercover agent, Nick, is trying to keep her safe but keep his undercover identity intact. I would recommend Sala's books to anyone. They are fast paced, exciting reads.
April
Awesome third book in the series. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

Amalie is a great character and you really feel for her. she has such strength! Oh and Nick...sigh...what a guy!

Super light on steam but this is not about the hot and heavy. Great story telling!
Cheryl Karkoff
Third book in the series, all centering on the aftermath of a tornado. Any of these can be read alone they just have some of the same characters with three events happening at the same time. Very entertaing.
Jeannie
Oct 10, 2010 Jeannie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this trilogy and I feel that the connection she's put in this series is really good. There are a few scenes that were connected really well between the 3 books.

Overall, I enjoyed reading and the suspense in each of this series.
Cat Chiappa
Like the first, this was a fun fast read. As far as trashy novels go I give it three starts, but if I were to rate it against quality literature I would give it two starts. A good addition to this trio of books though.
Katy
Jun 10, 2011 Katy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not what I expected from Sharon Sala, but I liked the story and would probably reread it. A teacher who was shot during a school shooting returns to her grandmother's home to heal emotionally. Within hours, she's facing another danger that is just as deadly.
Teotakuu
Sep 01, 2011 Teotakuu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I enjoyed this book although I do wish I had been able to find the second volume of the trilogy first. It was light enough to be a quick read, suspenseful enough to make me want to finish it and romantic enough to suit the mood I was in
Lesli
Aug 12, 2014 Lesli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, lm-lib-loan, 2014
Like the first, this is more soap opera than romantic suspense. The story and characters are improbable beyond a suspension of disbelief.
Glenn Harris
Feb 01, 2012 Glenn Harris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Final book of this very interesting trilogy. All three stories take place more or less at the same time in and around the same Louisiana tornado.
Bev Byram
Aug 31, 2016 Bev Byram rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Another great book by Sharon Sala. I couldn't put it down. My kindle died and I couldn't plug it in fast enough to finish the book. Good to the last page.
Annette Clair
Aug 06, 2010 Annette Clair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sad to see this series end; was great! Nothing new there though, Sharon Sala's books are ALWAYS great... ever mention that she's one of my favorites, EVER? Just sayin'.

:D
Dovie Skidmore
Jan 15, 2014 Dovie Skidmore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty good book

This was a good book. A lot better than the first in the series. Good romance and good drama. I love this author.
Elvis
Aug 22, 2010 Elvis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far so good. A really good book it kept you turning one page aftet the other. It was hard to put down.
John Hanscom
Nov 18, 2011 John Hanscom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually, probably 3 1/2. A nice, exciting story, of little depth and a little predictable, but still a fun read.
S Galbreath
Jan 01, 2011 S Galbreath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not put the book down until I knew what was happening on the next page... After I was finished I kind of let out a sigh of relief...like finally she was...??? Can't tell you!
  • The Perfect Lie
  • White Heat (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #1)
  • Killing Me Softly (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #1)
  • If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3)
  • The Hart Brothers: Rey & Leo
  • Roarke's Wife  (The Protectors, #7) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #807)
  • Crossfire (High Risk #2)
  • The Edge of Night
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • Private S.W.A.T. Takeover (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #3; The Precinct #9)
  • Midnight Fear (Chasing Evil, #2)

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader
More about Sharon Sala...

Storm Front (3 books)
  • Blown Away (Storm Front, #1)
  • Torn Apart (Storm Front, #2)