Start by marking “Boricuas: Influential Puerto Rican Writings - An Anthology” as Want to Read:
Boricuas: Influential Puerto Rican Writings - An Anthology

Boricuas: Influential Puerto Rican Writings - An Anthology

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  1 review
MANY CULTURES * ONE WORLD
"Boricua is what Puerto Ricans call one another as a term of endearment, respect, and cultural affirmation; it is a timeless declaration that transcends gender and color. Boricua is a powerful word that tells the origin and history of the Puerto Rican people."
--From the Introduction
From the sun-drenched beaches of a beautiful, flamboyan-covered isl
Published August 5th 2009 by One World/Ballantine

To ask other readers questions about Boricuas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boricuas

Marisa Gonzalez
I find with Hispanic writers I either love them or hate them. I found it to be true of this book also. A collection of both fiction and non-fiction stories. It featured such great writers as Esmeralda Santiago, Piri Thomas and Judith Ortiz Cofer. I wasn't too crazy about the poetry. I also didn't like the political edge of some of the stories particularly the ones that favored the "independistas" as they had a very communistic feel to them.
Blake Blackamoor
Blake Blackamoor marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Jungo
Jungo marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2011
Silsbee
Silsbee marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2011
Janice
Janice added it
Dec 08, 2010
Boricuas: Influential Puerto Rican Writings - An Anthology Alexandra y las siete pruebas Prohibido tener catorce años Bajo el fuego de las balas pensaré en ti Los Futbolísimos (El misterio de los árbitros dormidos, #1)