Start by marking “Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue: A Novel

Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue: A Novel (Domestic Equalizers #6)

“Get your biscuits in the oven and your buns in the bed, ‘cuz Dixie Cash is the best good-night reading around!” —Nancy Martin, author of the Blackbird Sisters series

The irrepressible Domestic Equalizers are back in Our Red Hot Romance is Leaving Me Blue—a hilarious new Southern hoot from the ever-popular Dixie Cash. If you love Lorraine desPres or the Sweet Potato Queens
Published June 15th 2010 by HarperCollins e-books (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue

Traci
Apr 05, 2012 Traci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, a cute read featuring two of the nicest (and sometimes foul-mouthed) women this side of the Mississippi. I've read all of the Dixie Cash books featuring the Domestic Equalizers, and if you're looking for a "fluffy" yet fun read, these are for you.

The description pretty much says everything you need to know about the story. I did like that there was more interaction between our two hapless heroines this time around; the relationship between Debbie Sue and Edwina is what really makes th
Lynley
May 21, 2013 Lynley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very light read. It won't change your life but it's funny and sweet. I really enjoyed it but it wrapped up a little too quick and a little too clean to give it four stars. I would read more from this author though.
Carol
Oct 09, 2010 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very weird book, totally stupid, but I read it anyway. Characters and situations were cartoonish. Still, it had me interested enough to see how it ended.
Sandy Vaughan
Mar 27, 2011 Sandy Vaughan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened
Perfect Book for October!

A man is haunted by his dead wife...really? Maybe but for sure she is being aided by her wicked brother. Now if you have a haunting, you need a medium to help you connect or tell you you are being hoodwinked! Enter a real live medium from El Paso who has to prove she is "the real deal".

As always, there is love, laughter, and mystery with my favorite hair dressers/PI! If you've never read or listened to one of the Dixi Cash books, you really don't know what you've been m
Kristi
Okay, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just becoming too cynical. Maybe I just need to stop reading quite so much. (Gasp! Did I just say that?!)

Normally I really, really like Dixie Cash. I was so excited when I saw this title in the store. I bought it as soon as I saw it. I didn't make myself wait, I didn't try to justify the purchase, I just said I want it, and I got it.

I found the other Domestic Equalizers novels to be funny. I know at least 2 of them found me laughing through a good portion of
Erika O'Brien
As the cover says this is a very easy read and the dialogues are good... it flows right. I'm not a huge fan of the genere but I wanted to try... the unfortunate thing about this book is that we(the readers) find out everything right away. The book is not boring but there are so many unnecessary parts that if they weren't there the book would be around 100 pages long if not less!

I appreciate the fact that this is book number 6 in the series, but it can be easily read as a standalone, because we g
Vivian Hollidee
I was curious about what this book is all about so I grab the only copy in the library and started reading. Unfortunately, I wasn't hooked at all. I know its a mystery series, don't get me wrong but I love a good mystery with witty characters especially female ones but this just didn't click with my inner Sherlock Holmes. The manner of writing might be the problem cause it deals with a lot of characters. Switching from one POV to another was confusing as hell!!! Jeez Louise!!! So I had to skip t ...more
Terry
Easy to read and recommend for those who want a light romance with a dash of suspense thrown in. Justin feels his late wife (died in car crash) is haunting his home. . . and asks the Domestic Equalizers (Debbie Sue and Edwina are hairdressers and p/t private investigators)to help him get closure. The DE team bring in Sophia Paredes--an El Paso psychic--and things tumble on after that. Lots of humor, good old girl stuff--PG-13. Blurbed by Nancy Martin (Blackbird sisters). There are at least 4 tit ...more
Lisa
Apr 01, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I have no idea how this book made it into my "to read" list.
Second, the title of this book has nothing to do with the book's content.
Cartoonish characters, but they were kind of charming nonetheless.
This is one of those books I read and it's kind of like eating Doritos or Oreos. Not particularly satisfying, not enriching, but one in a while, some junk food (reading) is okay.
Carole
Aug 09, 2016 Carole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books-read
The Domestic Equalizers, Debbie Sue Overstreet and Edwina Perkins-Martin, have a new case. A man has been having things rearranged in his house over several months, supposedly done by his dead wife. He hires them to investigate; in case it is not a living being doing these things, they hire a mentalist to try to speak to his dead wife. Things get stranger as they investigate. These investigators and other characters in the book are quirky and funny at the same time. A fun read!
Mendy
Jan 16, 2010 Mendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keystone Cops meet West Texas! I love it! While the story is predictable, the dialogue unbelievable, and the characters over the top I wait very impatiently for each new book to be published. And I enjoyed this book the most so far out of all of them. The story was sweet, I mean really who doesn't want to come back and "haunt" their husband! The titles are what caught my eye but the stories keep me coming back. Ready for another one!
Lori
Jul 02, 2014 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
This time Debbie Sue and Edwina are asked to help a widower that is being haunted by his dead wife. They call in a mentalist to help them out, and get her granddaughter. Of course the widower and mentalist fall in love and the person haunting the widower gets his just deserts. Very good story, I laughed out loud many times while listening to this one.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Jun 08, 2011 Cindi (cheesygiraffe) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-read
#14of2012
Edwina and Debbie Sue always crack me up. It was no different this time. What with ghosts and a psychic, you knew there'd be crazy times involved.
And love is in the air again, this time for Justin and Sophia.
Nancy Hadley
Dec 06, 2010 Nancy Hadley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was laugh out loud funny and Edwina and Debbie Sue just hilarious characters. The Texas backdrop and southern charm and lifestyle made the book such a fun read. I will definitely be reading some of their other books.
Jessica
Feb 24, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
This is such a fun series. Nothing serious or heavy here, just lighthearted fun. Part mystery and part romance, Dixie Cash always leaves me wanting more. I hated to finish this one only because it's like visiting old friends with each book that comes out. Can't wait for the next one!
Teresa
Sep 15, 2014 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun story from Debbie Sue and Edwina, the Domestic Equalizers. However, the ending was quite abrupt, really left the reader wondering even though there was an epilogue with a brief paragraph on each character. Still, a fun read!
Debra
Fluffy, humorous TX hairdressers cum P.I.s take on the Big Bad Criminal World...or in this series installment, ghosts.

A good book for a hot day with a cold beer, just don't make it anything it isn't.
Monique Harris-mccoy
Apr 22, 2011 Monique Harris-mccoy rated it it was amazing
Has to be one of my favorite books! It was funny, romantic and had mystery! I only read books I think I'm really gonna like. If they don't appeal I don't read them and I'm glad I decided to read this one!
Shannon Rochester
I gave it five stars because I loved the storyline and I loved the characters...but I have no idea where it got it's title...it makes no sense to me...
Dianne
Oct 08, 2010 Dianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not what I was expecting--and in a good way. I hope that there are more books w/these protagonists in them. A pleasant, quick read.
Gretchen
Jan 21, 2011 Gretchen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you need a really wacky read Dixie Cash is the place to turn!
PWRL
Sep 01, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Lightweight, but a good summer book.
Alice Paterra
I promised my book club I would read something other than science fiction and this is what we picked. Schlock.
Audrey
Aug 13, 2010 Audrey rated it liked it
Not what I thought it would be. It promised to be "Hilarious." I found it mildly funny, the title being the best part. And it's not really a romance, more of a ghost story.
Christine
Definitely not my favorite of the series.
Julia Wilson
Jun 27, 2012 Julia Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another stellar book by the girls. Hilarious! Romantic! Ghosts! What more could an adult woman ask for? Less expletives would be nice!!!!
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2010
Vickie Reid
Vickie Reid rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2013
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • Redemption (Blood and Honor, #3)
  • Game of Fear (Montgomery Justice #3)
  • Wanted: One Special Kiss (Starlight Trilogy, #2)
  • Don't Let It Be True
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
  • A Change of Heart (Perfect, Indiana #3)
  • Dark Roots and Cowboy Boots
  • My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)
  • Confessions of a Bombshell Bandit
  • You Dropped a Blonde on Me (Ex Trophy Wives #1)
  • His Hometown Girl (The McKaslin Clan, Series 1, #1)
  • Much Ado About Marshals (Hearts of Owyhee, #1)
  • Popped Off (Stay At Home Dad Mysteries #2)
  • Once Upon A Blind Date
  • The Cajun Cowboy (Cajun, #3)
  • Pillow Talk (Love, New Orleans Style, #2)
  • Crops and Robbers (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #3)
Dixie Cash is Pamela Cumbie and her sister Jeffery McClanahan. They grew up in West Texas during the great oil boom, an era filled with "real-life fictional" characters who cry to be written about. Pam has always had a zany sense of humor, and Jeffery has always had a dry wit. Surrounded by cowboys and steeped in country-western music, when they can stop laughing long enough, they work together cr ...more
More about Dixie Cash...

Domestic Equalizers (8 books)
  • Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash (Domestic Equalizers Book 1)
  • My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Great (Domestic Equalizers Book 2)
  • I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers Book 3)
  • Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 4)
  • Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 5)
  • I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave
  • You Can Have My Heart, but Don't Touch My Dog (The Domestic Equalizers Book 8)