The ICU Book

The ICU Book

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This best-selling resource provides a general overview and basic information for all adult intensive care units. The material is presented in a brief and quick-access format which allows for topic and exam review. It provides enough detailed and specific information to address most all questions and problems that arise in the ICU. Emphasis on fundamental principles in the...more
Paperback, Third Edition, 1088 pages
Published September 27th 2006 by LWW (first published 1998)

Thomas Müller
This is the single best medical book I have ever read. If you are a doctor, no matter your specialty, you should read it.
Ashlee
Nov 06, 2008 Ashlee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: ICU Nurses
Recommended to Ashlee by: amazon.com
Well, basically I added this one because I have been using it and will probably continue to use it as a nurse in the Cardiovascular ICU. Unless you're a nurse or you really want to know a lot of pointless info about what's going on in an ICU environment, I don't recommend this to the layperson. However, if you are a health care professional, this book provides a lot of information and is easy to understand if you understand nursing and the ICU setting.
Zachariareagle
Okay I know this is pretty geeky, but it is a must read for my profession. Actually I found this book very readable. The topics are huge, but the chapter sizes are manageable. I could come home from a busy day in the ICU and read a chapter to two to learn WHY I did what I did that day. This is a book I will return to frequently during the rest of my residency and fellowship.
Julie
Essential for any critical care enthusiast, not just surgeons but medical ICU folks, nurses, etc. Very easy-to-understand, good use of diagrams and good references at the end of each chapter.
Ellen
I love this book. Best nursing book I've ever owned (and I own quite a few). I consult this book regularly. Highly recommend it for any ICU nurse who always likes to ask "why?".
Javier
Mar 08, 2010 Javier rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: nurses
This is an excellent book. People going to the hospital should carry one of these even if they cant read it. All nurses should have a copy.
Todd
So incredibly readable, Dan Marino has got real talent. This should be required reading for any IM resident or physician.
Matthew
Fantastic book. Well written, easy to read, the best ICU reference for residents on critical care I have come across.
Leila Jane
Marino is awesome and tells it like it is.
Andrew
My favorite 'school' book right now
Bobby
Mar 05, 2008 Bobby rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: medical people
Yes, I am a dork and thought it would be cool to post a medical book here.
Sabeena Setia
Jun 25, 2007 Sabeena Setia rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: all in medicine
everything
Naomi
Sep 02, 2011 Naomi rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: residents who do time in the icu
Shelves: never-finished
Clear and readable.
Sara Abdallah
Sara Abdallah marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Janine
Janine is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2014
Alaa Elgezery
Alaa Elgezery marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Ahmed Elawady
Ahmed Elawady marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Zulfian
Zulfian marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Kevin Murphy
Kevin Murphy marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Asmaa Abdelshafy
Asmaa Abdelshafy marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Racquel
Racquel marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Stephen Oleszkiewicz
Stephen Oleszkiewicz is currently reading it
Mar 10, 2014
Wsn Alqarbi
Wsn Alqarbi marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Little ICU Book of Facts and Formulas The Little ICU Book The Icu Book 4e Int ed (International Edition) The ICU Book, International Edition Paradigms Lost: Perceptions and Practice in Clinical Medicine