Start by marking “Evergreen A Christmas Tale” as Want to Read:
Evergreen A Christmas Tale

Evergreen A Christmas Tale

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  443 ratings  ·  77 reviews
A dying grandfather tells the story of the first Christmas tree to a family wrenched by strife.
Nook, 27 pages
Published June 28th 2010 by Smashwords, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Evergreen A Christmas Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evergreen A Christmas Tale

Ronda  Tutt
A Very Sweet and heartfelt Christmas Story. 20 page read - Free from B&N
Lori Henrich
Interesting Christmas story. I had never heard this before, but I liked it. I could almost picture the tree as it was described. Sometimes I wish Christmas would be as simple as I remember those of my childhood, well at least they seemed simple. When did Christmas become about things and not about the perfect gift. I remember treating my things with respect, to appreciate what I received.

Hard to believe Christmas is right around the corner.
Heidi
I found it pointless. It has nothing to do with Christmas. Very disappointing.
Cathy
Short story that was free for Kindle.
A nice story about a grandfather who visits his daughter for Christmas and finds a house in turmoil. His daughter has lost her job and is fighting with her husband. The four sons are at war with each other.
Grandfather sits the boys down and tells them a story. About love in the time of the ice age and the healing power of faith in the presence of a magnificent evergreen tree.
The story within the story was very heartwarming.
A nice quick read.
Karen
A very short little Christmas love story about the first Christmas tree told by a grandfather to his family. Warmed my heart, but then I'm a sucker for good feeling books that bring a tear to my eye and a smile to my heart. Free on the Kindle, worth the reading.
John
A nice short story.
Derek
This really was just a nice very short story. Got it on my nook a while back and saved it for Christmas eve. This and my cup of hot chocolate gave a nice warm feeling. =)
Barbara
This is a very short, sentimental Christmas tale. It is enjoyable, but certainly could have been a chapter in a much longer, interesting saga.
Frances
This short 10 page story was hart worming. I highly recomend it to any one who loves books that have the power to bring familys together.
Ashley Tintinger
Eh, it was ok. I got this story for free on Barnes and Noble.com for my Nook. It was a nice short story, just not quite my usual taste.
Donna
A sweet story to end the year. I loved this story of love, faith, and beauty. It left me with a smile on my face and in my heart.
Betty
A different take on the first Christmas tree.....reading some Christmas stories that I downloaded to my Kindle. Nice story.
Mackenzie
This book is a very sweet christmas story. A good in front of the fire with your hot chocalate read.
Paula
A heartwarming short story about a Grandfather telling his rowdy grandsons about the first Christmas tree.
Trish Bodine
A wonderful short about love and perseverance. Of course, it is a Christmas tale as well. :)
Cheryl Meyers
A sweet story. What magic when a grandfather can calm down four rowdy school-age boys.
Loraine
This very short novella is sweet and definitely something I would re-read.
Tammy
Such a very, very sweet short story. I loved it!!!
Arnella Lewis
Great short read about a Christmas tradition...loved it.
Arlena
Good short story of the Evergreen Christmas Tree.
Nancy
In keeping with the season...a nice story
Emily
Good Short story about the Christmas season.
Mark
a beutiful story for the Christmas season.
Sonya Bria
Sweet story about the Christmas tree.
Tina Wilson
Realy enjoyed this short story
Tamie charbonneau
good quick read i like it alot.
Doreen
Heartwarming
Susan
Evergreen, A Christmas Tale by Richard Taylor is the story of a grandfather who visits his daughter during and finds everything in turmoil. She has just lost her job and is arguing with her husband. And the kids, well the kids are being brats and fighting all the time. The daughter doesn't even greet her dad with so much as a "Welcome, I am so happy to see you Dad!" or without a "Kiss my foot!" or "Have an apple!" (Sorry that's a famous line from one of my favorite movies White Christmas!) Anywa ...more
writer...
Strong relational and life insights in this briefest of Christmas stories.
Visiting Grandfather interrupts the brothers' rough-housing , settling them with a tale of time past. He introduces them to the story of the Christmas tree with a personal twist unrecognized until the story's author is himself, well on in years and able to value it.

Value of God's creation, worth of relationships, work ethic, all play into this story's meaningful reading.
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Advent
  • Christmas Redemption
  • Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas
  • The Glades
How to Read a Church: A Guide to Symbols and Images in Churches and Cathedrals The Haunting of Cambria Alzheimer's from the Inside Out The Cambridge Companion to Arabic Philosophy Beginning Android Games