Start by marking “Moulin Rouge!: The Splendid Book That Charts the Journey of Baz Luhrmann's Motion Picture” as Want to Read:

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Over 250 photos, production drawings, historical documents, and interviews with the filmmakers detail the behind-the-scenes story of the making of the film, including excerpts from the script and songs, a portrait of Bohemian Paris in the 1890s, and spectacular portfolios of behind-the-scenes photography.
Published May 30th 2001 by Newmarket Press

To ask other readers questions about Moulin Rouge!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moulin Rouge!

Emily Lewis
Informative, interesting, and very beautiful. It details the journey the film took from concept to completion as well as the historical background of the real-life Moulin Rouge and its inhabitants. I learned a lot and it made me look at the movie musical I love in a new way. Also? It really is a gorgeous book. Coffee-table worthy, even.
Manuel
This Book was absolutely LOVEly haha. It really accompanies the movie well, nice flip open pages and well planed out chapters. AMAZING BOOK! AND DON'T FORGET! Love is a many, splended thing love, lift us up where we belong, all you need is LOVE!
sanaz
I saw it last night. although there are so many diffrences between the book and the movie, but each one have some strong points that made it a "MUST" to read or see.
Erin Mason
This is a great accompaniment to the film. It's mostly pictures so don't expect a novel, but it's worth a purchase if you adore the film.
Allison
As a hard-core fan of the movie, I drank in every page, every image, every word. A great companion for Baz lovers and movie buffs alike.
Binki83
Apr 03, 2013 Binki83 marked it as to-read
I love this book!!! I loved the movie also!!!
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Natalie Wood
Natalie Wood marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Jeroen Berndsen
Jeroen Berndsen marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Ericka
Ericka added it
Aug 27, 2014
Hevel Cava
Hevel Cava marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Maria Tracey
Maria Tracey marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Deb Hundt
Deb Hundt marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Charlie Wu
Charlie Wu marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Ana Meireles Pereira
Ana Meireles Pereira marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Nadja Stefanovic
Nadja Stefanovic marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Strictly Ballroom Baz Luhrmann: Interviews Romeo and Juliet Kylie: La La La

“The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” 31 likes
“Why live life from dream to dream? And dread the day when dreaming ends.” 17 likes