Now Panic and Freak Out

Now Panic and Freak Out

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  12 reviews
BAD ADVICE FOR GOOD PEOPLE.

Keep Calm and Carry On is all very well, but life just isn't that simple. Let's own up and face facts: we're getting older, the politicians are not getting any wiser, and the world's going to hell in a handbasket.

It's time to panic.

Here's a book packed with quotations proving that keeping calm is simply not an option.
Published June 7th 2010 by Marks & Spencer

Gerry
Never mind keep calm and carry on, 'Now Panic and Freak Out' is an alternative view of what to do in times of stress.

Many famous, and infamous, people offer their views on when things get out of hand, as Alan Bennett says, 'Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.'

Mark Twain and Oscar Wilde are the two most prolific offerers of advice, along with some quite amusing quotes from one or two American presidents.
Sam
A highly amusing and entertaining collection of quotes to keep on the coffee table and to help you panic and stress your way through the day.

My particular favourite quote was 'There's fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.' Oscar Levant
Sara Forsberg
OKAY I admit it, I added this book to the list mainly because I'm behind on my reading challenge and needed something I could read quickly. But that doesn't mean that this isn't a book made of fantastic, because it is. Filled with hilarious quotes it will bring a smile to your face (despite the title).
Nenia Campbell

♥ || Twitter || ♥ || Facebook || ♥ || Booklikes ♥ || Pinterest || ♥

I read this in Barnes & Noble today, and I'm not even sorry. The book is smaller than my hand and costs $10. No thank you!

NOW PANIC AND FREAK OUT is the Deadjournal to KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON's Livejournal. It says, "No, you know what? Sometimes it's good to freak out. Here are all the things that are wrong with the world and why you should have a cow. No, don't just have a cow, have a whole herd, because you're fucked, man,...more
Joanna
Adorable collection of quotes.
Kate
Sep 11, 2012 Kate rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Worrywarts
Recommended to Kate by: its dimensions
Life is not a spectacle or a feast; it is a predicament. --G.S.

The past is the only dead thing that smells sweet. --E.T.

Life is a zoo in a jungle. --P.V.

We have to believe in free will. We have no choice. --I.S.

Life is a horizontal fall. --J.C.

Alas, like Ugolino, time devours its own children. --H.B.
Traci
Nice alternative to the advice Keep Calm and Carry On. Best quote of the book: "Experience is a terrible teacher who sends horrific bills." - Anonymous
Ashleigh Cartmill
This was a fun little book to have when I was freaking out a little about leaving Europe and traveling home. I really enjoyed all the little quotes.
Nathanael (Boehm) Coyne
Great little coffee table book filled with quotes - some known, some obscure and all mostly amusing or thought-provoking.
Eveline
I loved reading alongside my best friend.
Thu Lam
It's a weird book but i enjoyed it
Abdullah Altamimi
Clever, funny and enjoyable.
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Jeannine Cepero
Jeannine Cepero marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Chu Ho Cheung
Chu Ho Cheung marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Homakp
Homakp marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Betsy Bird
Betsy Bird marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Summaiya Irfan
Summaiya Irfan marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Mehmed
Mehmed added it
Jun 09, 2014
Cathy Chow
Cathy Chow marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Atieno
Atieno marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Marie-Ève
Marie-Ève marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Bianca Goulart
Bianca Goulart marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Abbi
Abbi marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Pipit
Pipit added it
Apr 24, 2014
Sigrid
Sigrid added it
Apr 06, 2014
Alex Andrada
Alex Andrada marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Various is the correct author for any book with multiple unknown authors, and is acceptable for books with multiple known authors, especially if not all are known or the list is very long (over 50).

If an editor is known, however, Various is not necessary. List the name of the editor as the primary author (with role "editor"). Contributing authors' names follow it.

Note: WorldCat is an excellent res...more
More about Various...
101 Best Jokes The Night Before Christmas and Other Popular Stories For Children 101 Dirty Jokes - sexual and adult's jokes DC Entertainment Essential Graphic Novels and Chronology 2013 Easy Vegetarian Recipes