Start by marking “An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)” as Want to Read:
An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)

An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country #3)

An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, Book 3)
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published November 16th 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Christmas

Paula-O
Dec 07, 2011 Paula-O rated it it was amazing
When Karen Imhoff finds a beaten man lying unconscious by the road in her Amish community, she doesn't hesitate to help. "John Doe" needs a place to stay while he regains his memory, and she has a room to rent. The handsome Englisher proves invaluable around the family farm, yet his presence wreaks havoc with her emotions. Karen has her younger siblings to care for since her mother had died 4 yrs previously.
John finds himself liking the Imhoff home and the people esp Karen. He tries to find out
Nov 24, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: AN AMISH CHRISTMAS
Author: Patricia Davids
Publisher: Love Inspired
December 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-87637-2
Genre: Inspirational/Amish

Karen Imhoff and her siblings have found a man beaten half-dead by the side of the road in her Amish community. She is quick to help, and even offers the man lodging in their dawdihaus once he is released from the hospital. The thing is, he doesn’t know who he is.

Quickly nicknamed John Doe until he remembers who he is, John tries to question the Amish community t
Diane U
Sep 28, 2010 Diane U rated it it was amazing
When Karen discovered a man left for dead on the edge of her family's Amish farm, she knew she needed to help him. When he was released from the hospital a week later he had amnesia and could not remember anything about himself. John Doe, as he was named, stayed with the Imhoff family while he looked for work and tried to remember his old life. Along the way, he falls in love with Karen. She is a strong, devout Amish woman who was responsible for caring for her 3 younger siblings since her mothe ...more
Linda
Oct 03, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
A good fast read for Christmas. Karen Imhoff is taking care of her younger siblings while her father recuperates from a broken arm. She is trying to figure out how to make ends meet when there is no cash coming in. "John Doe" is an Englischer who has been mugged and is suffering from amnesia. While he tries to figure out who he is and why he was visiting the Amish countryside he needs a place to stay. Karen offers her grandparents old house to John as a means to bring in some much needed money a ...more
Patricia Solla
Dec 28, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Very interesting concept. We find out happens when an Amish family find a man beaten unconscious by the side of the road in their community. What's interesting is that he doesn't remember who he is or why he was there. Where he finds to stay, what happens and how he finds himself is all rolled up in this tale. It's always fascinating to read how the Amish live. What they believe and how they celebrate Christmas rounds out this good story.
Tammy Bernadt
Mar 01, 2014 Tammy Bernadt rated it it was amazing
When Karen Imhoff finds a beaten man lying unconscious by the road in her Amish community, she doesn't hesitate to help. "John Doe" I enjoyed this book tremendously . The beginning to the end. If i pick one word out of book. Wink : is my favorite word lol. I had smiles, I had tears, I had worrying. Now on my second book:The Christmas Quilt. 5 stars on the first book.
Nancy
Dec 30, 2011 Nancy rated it it was amazing
A sweet story of love and learning to depend on God - knowing He has a plan for each of us.
Janice Aitkens
Jun 10, 2016 Janice Aitkens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this on the kindle

This was a good one the storyline was different from the normal Amish one but as normal the outcome is the same
Natalie
This was good. I read it in an hour. I love the characters and plot.
Camille
An Amish Christmas by Patricia Davids

Unfortunately I didn't get to read enough Christmas books this year, maybe next year!

But this one was a cute read.

An Amish Christmas by Patricia Davids is the story of a young Amish woman, Karen Imhoff who finds a young man by the side of the road, injured. It is clear that he is Englisch, but badly injured, and most likely on purpose. She gets help for him, and he is taken to the hospital but when he comes to it turns out that he has lost a good portion of h
Mom
Oct 24, 2011 Mom rated it really liked it
Karen was taking her brother's and sister to school since she had a job interview. Her dad had broken his arm and could no longer shoe horses as was his profession. With his arm in a sling, Karen was trying to find a job to help with the bills.
As she was taking them to school, her little sister saw someone laying beside the road. As she went back to see, they found a man there with no shoes on. He had a gash on his head. They got their dad to help with the man. Karen wanted to help him since he
Carolyn E
Nov 05, 2011 Carolyn E rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone - must read
An Amish Christmas by Patricia Davids actually rates at least 7 or 8 stars. It is a wonderful story, as are all of the other books in this series (Brides of Amish Country, Harlequin/Steeple Hills's Love Inspired category).

I am eagerly awaiting the release of The Christmas Quilt by Patricia Davids which is the next book in the series. I believe it is scheduled for release on November 19, 2011.
Ellen
Jun 01, 2016 Ellen rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
Not likely but then, that's what is fun about a novel - fiction!
Her mother died so as eldest daughter in an Amish home, she steps up to help her father raise the younger ones. On a stormy morning, they encounter an unconscious man in the snow. Suffering from mugging and amnesia, he helps around the farm after his hospital release. Tongues begin to wag. They begin to realize they have feeling for one another.
Will he ever remember? Who is he? Is he married? What kind of person is he? What does he
Mary
Oct 01, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing
First E-book. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be using the Kindle app for my phone. I thought the book would take forever to read given that there were few paragraphs per "page" but it was a fast read.

It was a really nice story. It left me feeling good and was able to easily get into my spiritual side to think about the Amish way of life and what I could do to incorporate some of those ways into my "English" life to make it more simplistic and closer to God.

I need to read the other 2 b
Rachel Brand
This was a sweet story and while I liked the premise, the plot progression slowed towards the middle of the novel and I found myself getting a bit bored. I thought the ending was a bit too convenient and full of coincidences which ultimately made it a bit of a letdown for me. It was an easy and relaxing read but didn't have much that made it stand out from the plethora of novels in the Amish genre. Not bad but not amazing either, just a nice, easy read. 6/10
Erin
Nov 07, 2012 Erin rated it it was ok
I picked this off of the free shelf at the library. I liked the fact that it was large print. However, I think I will pass on any other Amish romance stories in the near future. It was a nice little time suck, but now I have some serious reading to do. (Friends - Before you judge, remember that as a librarian I like to try to read a little bit of everything - EVEN Amish romance. Hehehe)
Janel
Jan 19, 2012 Janel rated it liked it
Another Amish Christmas book. This one didn't put me in the mood for Christmas either. (See my review for Naomi's Gift: An Amish Christmas)

I liked the story and it moved along at a pace where I didn't get bored with it. I also liked the mystery involved in finding out the identity of the beaten man that was found.

I might re-read this one again someday.
Ruth F. Creamer
Oct 25, 2015 Ruth F. Creamer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amish christmas

I have finished the three books in the bride's of amish country series. They are all wonderful stories that I totally enjoyed. I have always enjoyed learning more about the amish people and how they live. This was a good series, an rd I am eagerly awaiting another one!
Skeeter Jorgensen
I really liked this story. A John Doe, with amnesia is found in Amish country, beaten and left for dead. This is the story of him finding his identity, falling in love with an Amish lady. It was a sweet story, with a happy ending.
Anne Gooch
Nov 16, 2013 Anne Gooch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was able to get this book along with 2 others (came in one book) the other day free for my kindle. I enjoyed this Amish book and it's about Christmas too so that was two pluses for me. I will look for more books from this author.
patricia
Jun 15, 2012 patricia rated it it was amazing
Patricia Davids' An Amish Christmas takes place in the same small town as Katie's Redemption and The Doctor's Blessing. Here Karen and "John Doe", quite the unlikely pair find love. Needless to say one is Amish. Just a lovely peaceful read
Brenda
Nov 08, 2014 Brenda rated it really liked it
I love reading about the Amish, this book while being about Christmas, was not about gifts and food, it was about Christ and family.

I really liked John and Karen, liked Eli, Anna and Noah and eventually Jacob.
Nan Williams
May 31, 2011 Nan Williams rated it really liked it
This was the first time I had read a book by this author but I did enjoy the story very much. Turned out differently in the end than I thought it would throughout so it did surprise me. It was a good read.
Anne
Nov 20, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Patricia Davids is my new favorite author! I stayed up until 2:30 last night reading most of this book. I had just started it and had only had time for a few pages. It's got lots of intrigue and of course, a beautiful love inspired love story!
Lori
Dec 06, 2010 Lori rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Beautiful, respectful story of falling in love slowly in an Amish community. Loved it.

Although I have to admit to hearing Ricky Nelson in my head through much of the book (ala Witness).
Pat Oringer
Jun 07, 2013 Pat Oringer rated it it was amazing
Patricia Davids dominates the genre with her unique voice in the Brides of Amish Country series. An Amish Christmas will compel you to read the series with its endearing romantic mystery and an authentic and compelling heroine caught between love and tradition.
Sydney
This was a great little story that I got sucked into quite easily! It's a great read for a rainy day or, even better, a snowy afternoon. Nothing outstanding, but these cute little stories are nice after reading something a lot "heavier" and help serve as a break.
Tammy
Great Storyline

This is a well written book, fast read. Patricia David's keeps you wanting to more in this boo. This story is not mainly about Christmas but, it does play a part.
Lorie
Sep 28, 2010 Lorie rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed this series and can not wait to read the others.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Brides of Amish Country
Clean Fiction: discussion ofr next month's Book of the Month 1 3 Jan 21, 2014 11:54AM
  • Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3)
  • An Amish Christmas: December in Lancaster County
  • Naomi's Gift (Kauffman Amish Bakery -- Christmas Stories #2)
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • Rachel's Garden (Pleasant Valley, #2)
  • Sarah's Christmas Miracle
  • Spring's Renewal (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #2)
  • The Search (Lancaster County Secrets, #3)
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from
More about Patricia Davids...

Brides of Amish Country (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1)
  • The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)
  • The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4)
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
  • A Home for Hannah (Brides of Amish Country, #6)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Plain Admirer (Brides of Amish Country, #8)
  • Amish Christmas Joy (Brides of Amish Country, #9)
  • The Shepherd's Bride (Brides of Amish Country, #10)
  • The Amish Nanny (Brides of Amish Country, #11)