An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)

An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country #3)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  314 ratings  ·  34 reviews
When Karen Imhoff finds a beaten man lying unconscious by the road in her Amish community, she doesn't hesitate to help. "John Doe" needs a place to stay while he regains his memory, and she has a room to rent. The handsome Englisher proves invaluable around the family farm, yet his presence wreaks havoc with her emotions. Karen has her younger siblings to care for. She ca...more
Published November 16th 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Christmas

The Shunning by Beverly  LewisWhen the Heart Cries by Cindy WoodsmallThe Covenant by Beverly  LewisThe Betrayal by Beverly  LewisThe Sacrifice by Beverly  Lewis
Best of Amish Fiction
47th out of 199 books — 171 voters
The Gladiator by Carla CapshawThe Champion by Carla CapshawThe Protector by Carla CapshawThe Earl's Mistaken Bride by Abby GainesTo Be a Mother by Cheryl St.John
Official Best Love Inspired Romances 1997-2012
99th out of 206 books — 110 voters

More lists with this book...

Title: AN AMISH CHRISTMAS
Author: Patricia Davids
Publisher: Love Inspired
December 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-87637-2
Genre: Inspirational/Amish

Karen Imhoff and her siblings have found a man beaten half-dead by the side of the road in her Amish community. She is quick to help, and even offers the man lodging in their dawdihaus once he is released from the hospital. The thing is, he doesn’t know who he is.

Quickly nicknamed John Doe until he remembers who he is, John tries to question the Amish community t...more
Paula-O
When Karen Imhoff finds a beaten man lying unconscious by the road in her Amish community, she doesn't hesitate to help. "John Doe" needs a place to stay while he regains his memory, and she has a room to rent. The handsome Englisher proves invaluable around the family farm, yet his presence wreaks havoc with her emotions. Karen has her younger siblings to care for since her mother had died 4 yrs previously.
John finds himself liking the Imhoff home and the people esp Karen. He tries to find out...more
Diane U
When Karen discovered a man left for dead on the edge of her family's Amish farm, she knew she needed to help him. When he was released from the hospital a week later he had amnesia and could not remember anything about himself. John Doe, as he was named, stayed with the Imhoff family while he looked for work and tried to remember his old life. Along the way, he falls in love with Karen. She is a strong, devout Amish woman who was responsible for caring for her 3 younger siblings since her mothe...more
Linda
A good fast read for Christmas. Karen Imhoff is taking care of her younger siblings while her father recuperates from a broken arm. She is trying to figure out how to make ends meet when there is no cash coming in. "John Doe" is an Englischer who has been mugged and is suffering from amnesia. While he tries to figure out who he is and why he was visiting the Amish countryside he needs a place to stay. Karen offers her grandparents old house to John as a means to bring in some much needed money a...more
Tammy Bernadt
When Karen Imhoff finds a beaten man lying unconscious by the road in her Amish community, she doesn't hesitate to help. "John Doe" I enjoyed this book tremendously . The beginning to the end. If i pick one word out of book. Wink : is my favorite word lol. I had smiles, I had tears, I had worrying. Now on my second book:The Christmas Quilt. 5 stars on the first book.
Patricia Solla
Very interesting concept. We find out happens when an Amish family find a man beaten unconscious by the side of the road in their community. What's interesting is that he doesn't remember who he is or why he was there. Where he finds to stay, what happens and how he finds himself is all rolled up in this tale. It's always fascinating to read how the Amish live. What they believe and how they celebrate Christmas rounds out this good story.
Nancy
A sweet story of love and learning to depend on God - knowing He has a plan for each of us.
Camille
An Amish Christmas by Patricia Davids

Unfortunately I didn't get to read enough Christmas books this year, maybe next year!

But this one was a cute read.

An Amish Christmas by Patricia Davids is the story of a young Amish woman, Karen Imhoff who finds a young man by the side of the road, injured. It is clear that he is Englisch, but badly injured, and most likely on purpose. She gets help for him, and he is taken to the hospital but when he comes to it turns out that he has lost a good portion of h...more
Mom
Karen was taking her brother's and sister to school since she had a job interview. Her dad had broken his arm and could no longer shoe horses as was his profession. With his arm in a sling, Karen was trying to find a job to help with the bills.
As she was taking them to school, her little sister saw someone laying beside the road. As she went back to see, they found a man there with no shoes on. He had a gash on his head. They got their dad to help with the man. Karen wanted to help him since he...more
Carolyn E
Nov 05, 2011 Carolyn E rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone - must read
An Amish Christmas by Patricia Davids actually rates at least 7 or 8 stars. It is a wonderful story, as are all of the other books in this series (Brides of Amish Country, Harlequin/Steeple Hills's Love Inspired category).

I am eagerly awaiting the release of The Christmas Quilt by Patricia Davids which is the next book in the series. I believe it is scheduled for release on November 19, 2011.
Clark
This book had a different story line than I expected. I did enjoy this book.
Mary Devine
First E-book. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be using the Kindle app for my phone. I thought the book would take forever to read given that there were few paragraphs per "page" but it was a fast read.

It was a really nice story. It left me feeling good and was able to easily get into my spiritual side to think about the Amish way of life and what I could do to incorporate some of those ways into my "English" life to make it more simplistic and closer to God.

I need to read the other 2 b...more
Rachel Brand
This was a sweet story and while I liked the premise, the plot progression slowed towards the middle of the novel and I found myself getting a bit bored. I thought the ending was a bit too convenient and full of coincidences which ultimately made it a bit of a letdown for me. It was an easy and relaxing read but didn't have much that made it stand out from the plethora of novels in the Amish genre. Not bad but not amazing either, just a nice, easy read. 6/10
Erin
I picked this off of the free shelf at the library. I liked the fact that it was large print. However, I think I will pass on any other Amish romance stories in the near future. It was a nice little time suck, but now I have some serious reading to do. (Friends - Before you judge, remember that as a librarian I like to try to read a little bit of everything - EVEN Amish romance. Hehehe)
Janel
Another Amish Christmas book. This one didn't put me in the mood for Christmas either. (See my review for Naomi's Gift: An Amish Christmas)

I liked the story and it moved along at a pace where I didn't get bored with it. I also liked the mystery involved in finding out the identity of the beaten man that was found.

I might re-read this one again someday.
Pat Oringer
Patricia Davids dominates the genre with her unique voice in the Brides of Amish Country series. An Amish Christmas will compel you to read the series with its endearing romantic mystery and an authentic and compelling heroine caught between love and tradition.
Cupoftea
Patricia Davids' An Amish Christmas takes place in the same small town as Katie's Redemption and The Doctor's Blessing. Here Karen and "John Doe", quite the unlikely pair find love. Needless to say one is Amish. Just a lovely peaceful read
Anne
Patricia Davids is my new favorite author! I stayed up until 2:30 last night reading most of this book. I had just started it and had only had time for a few pages. It's got lots of intrigue and of course, a beautiful love inspired love story!
Skeeter Jorgensen
I really liked this story. A John Doe, with amnesia is found in Amish country, beaten and left for dead. This is the story of him finding his identity, falling in love with an Amish lady. It was a sweet story, with a happy ending.
Anne Gooch
I was able to get this book along with 2 others (came in one book) the other day free for my kindle. I enjoyed this Amish book and it's about Christmas too so that was two pluses for me. I will look for more books from this author.
Lori
4.5 stars. Beautiful, respectful story of falling in love slowly in an Amish community. Loved it.

Although I have to admit to hearing Ricky Nelson in my head through much of the book (ala Witness).
Nan Williams
This was the first time I had read a book by this author but I did enjoy the story very much. Turned out differently in the end than I thought it would throughout so it did surprise me. It was a good read.
Lisa Blair
A sweet story and a quick read. More Amish Romance than Christmasy. Encouragement to trust God no matter what the circumstances.
Trina
It was good and nicely written.
Maryruth Endicott
Cheesy but sweet. The story was not brilliant but not too frustrating to read either.
Lorie
I have really enjoyed this series and can not wait to read the others.
Natalie
This was good. I read it in an hour. I love the characters and plot.
Heather G
what a sweet story to help me get into the Christmas spirit.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Brides of Amish Country
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Brides of Amish Country
Clean Fiction: discussion ofr next month's Book of the Month 1 2 Jan 21, 2014 11:54AM
  • Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3)
  • An Amish Gathering: Life in Lancaster County
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • The Protector (Families of Honor, #2)
  • Rachel's Garden (Pleasant Valley, #2)
  • A Plain and Simple Christmas
  • A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)
  • Plain and Fancy (Brides of Lancaster County, #3)
  • Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2)
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from...more
More about Patricia Davids...
Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1) The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5) The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2) The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4) A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)